Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Carbon Thief posted:

So hot that it burned through the crop/esophagus and through the skin of the chest, if I'm not completely mistaken.
Oh man that poor little chickie. :gonk:

Why wouldn't you, you know, test the food on your skin (like you would with baby food) to make sure its not burning hot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Battle Pigeon posted:

Do you think that if we only gave Ohtori the hut at night and removed it during the day, it would have any effect? My partner had to work last night until past 4am, including taking phonecalls, and Ohtori was rather distressed sounding that we were there and speaking but he was covered with no hut. We took him out around 3am to try and calm him down, then as he was going inside his hut (it was left on the side) we hung it back in his cage to see if that would help and yup, he went to bed and made no more sounds.

That poor potato. It's amazing how well she recovered, considering how awful that injury looked and how delicate birds can be.

If birds are anything like dogs, now you've taught him that if he bitches and moans he'll get his way, especially with the hut.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Kenshin posted:

What? Pile of Kittens was right, nobody would have learned a thing. particularly the adults, if the baby hadn't gotten bitten.

Besides, we're talking about a really small bird here. It might have broken the baby's skin. Might. Who cares?

I can't believe that was worth a probation.

Shine posted:

I dropped a barbell on a baby yesterday to teach importance of a good spotter.

Look, baby wasn't ready for the bench press at that weight and you pushed them too far. Don't offer to spot if you can't and won't.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Khelmar posted:

I have no problem with "I hope the parents learned a lesson from all this". I have a huge problem with "I'm glad a baby got bitten". Given the fact that the parents in this instance were stupid, and that as a result I understand where PoK was coming from, she only got a 12 hour time-out, which is not a huge deal.

If it was a joke would it have been okay?

Babies are pretty resilient. I'm sure it'll grow a new finger or something.

EDIT: Maybe if babies weren't so tasty they wouldn't get bitten.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

Interest check: who wants to see a .gif of roughly two dozen baby chickens as they are dumped into a meat grinder while they're still alive?

Fits right in with the general idea of the bird thread and pet island.