Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Did Rob Liefeld draw your bird?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKjhlIt-IsY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Eejit posted:

My dream is to live in a house with 1000 linnies so I say go for it

:hmmyes:

This, but any bread of parrot.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

mediaphage posted:

it sounds like a spell from macbeth

bread of parrot
tail of crow
tell me what
i wish to know

Your parrots are some drat Animes, I'll tell you h'what.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

mediaphage posted:

right? so regally chubby

I initially read that as “illegally chubby” and now believe it is a thing.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
While browsing PI, you may or may not get a visit from the Illegally Chubby Fairy.

She may or may not be heavy enough to make my laptop screen fall backwards.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I sweat to God, if a parakeet and cockatiel mated through some sort of dipshit-alchemy the spawn would be the most asinine animal on the planet.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Oh God.

I heard Serra letting out some angry warks today, and she sub sequentially dropped three flight feathers from her left wing. Which means her flying, which the vet characterized as, "Ridiculously strong," is now a liability to her and everything is the condo.

She is now crash landing like a plane without gear. But boy howdy, she is somehow doing it.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

GoingPostal posted:

So she needs to hit harder when she's beating the air into submission?

I've said she flies like a fat kid running down stairs.

Now it's like a fat kid running up stairs, but the fat kid is prime Chris Farley.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I may have blown a raspberry at her, while preening, to get this prime Fluffenchop picture.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Have a triple post, my friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lgOoTI75Ts

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

bee posted:

Tux's newest phrase! He loves sitting on this windowsill and looking out over the world. Often corellas and cockatoos will fly past and he's eventually learned they're not actively hunting him so he's stopped freaking out when they make an appearance :xd:

https://youtube.com/shorts/fpTuZ1bJUVM?si=HJI6F2JtXZS3ODG5

:kimchi:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

mediaphage posted:

HELLO BABY

she’s feeding so don’t want to disturb too much but the first egg is open and done with

you can see a tiny lil pink in the upper left just visible beneath her

OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD!!! :kimchi: I'm so excited! Yay!

mediaphage posted:

captain log my spouse just asked me about serra because the blue chasing her video bubbled up into his youtube feed lol

:stare:

: checks Youtube stats:

Good God the algorithm makes zero sense.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I am so excited for Baby Anime Parrot Posting.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

mediaphage posted:

we had our breeder over for supper tonight but it turns out our linnie babies are too high quality stock and thus too large for the breed standard leg bands to fit. so we'll go down to the bird store tomorrow and pick up some new bands, and try again sunday or monday for the first pair.

Adorable Disney Chonks inbound! :kimchi:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I caught a moment of Supreme Bird Doofus'ry for you all.

Serra and Blue have communal treat time. Serra carried off one of the nutriberries, even though Blue won't touch them. She then proceeded to hiss at him, while he slept, trying to get her nutriberry.

Once she finally tried it, she became terrified of everything and...fought the nutriberry?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLGdWzrunUo

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I would immediately say hormones. There's not always much rhyme or reason to it. Old Man Blue is going through his worst molt ever, and it coming up on nine years old. Bird's are just weird.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Yay, today is Serra and Blue's yearly vet-visit! Which means wrangling them into a Chevy Spark, while my right hand was sliced open in two places for surgery a few weeks ago, then driving forty-five minutes.

Ooooh Boy, they are going to be so adorably fat and sassy.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

I want to know everything, and I mean everything, about these adorable little Borbin's. You cannot post enough about them.

Are you just going to become victim to the cutest infestation ever recorded on planet earth, eventually living with thirty plus of these Disney Parrots?

------------

Vet visit went great! Had the vet bring in a young student with Serra, wanting her to, "See an example of the largest, healthiest cockatiel he's ever seen." I don't think he was saying Serra was the healthiest by herself, but the healthiest while being the largest. He told me he wished I would breed her, just so her genes could get out into the pool. :derptiel:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

mediaphage posted:

lol tbh they sort of make atari static noises when they want fed

Serra made her version of this noise way, waaaaay too long into her normal life.

Also...SQUEEEE THEY ARE SO ADORABLE POST MORE!!!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
In other news, Serra is still possibly the most impotently angry parrot to ever angry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-L6pH7xIhg

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

mediaphage posted:

since y'all wanted some sounds:

https://streamable.com/f0qtrr

Oh. My. Gawd.

Are they all going to live with you? Or are some going to trusted Bird People?

If I find myself alone later in life, it would not be a stretch to let Serra breed and just live with an ever expanding flock of the most neurotic cockatiels to ever live.

bee posted:

In other birb content: Tux usually prefers to sit on mr bee during the day while we're working, so long as he's in the house with me and hasn't gone outside to our little office cabin in the backyard. Which is fine, as long as Tux is chill and isn't getting the zoomies and flying into things he can sit where he likes.

But on the weekend, mr bee hurt his leg and hasn't been able to wear his prosthetic leg as a result so he's been using crutches to get around the house. Usually he only takes his prosthetic leg off to shower and sleep, so Tux is used to seeing him with a fake leg. But for the last few days, Tux has been preferring to sit on my shoulder, and he really seems to be wary of the crutches. Today I had to hand Tux to mr bee so I could use the bathroom, but Tux went straight down mr bee's arm and onto his thigh and seemed super interested in trying to figure out where mr bee's usual leg was. So I just found it funny that he's noticed all of sudden that something was up and went to investigate :3:

Awww, that's adorable. :3: Serra will quite literally get scared of new socks, so I'm proud of your adventurous little Borb.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I want to know everything about this adorable cadre of budgies. Everything, I say.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

Flipper - adopted recently. he hadn't been around other birds so when he met the other three, all he'd do is follow them around, get up in their space, and stare at them without saying anything. he has now developed a personality and a voice, but he's basically the budgie equivalent of master shake. as eleni and dawn do not entertain his seductions, he sometimes attempts to seduce neon, which just leaves neon bewildered. basically a weird little jerk who is only held in check by the fact he provokes but can't handle conflict. seems like he's smart but just hates the idea of being told what to do. rips up paper and puts in the water bowl, along with fallen feathers (motivation unclear?? shamanic ritual??) weak legs so when he runs fast he sometimes face plants.

I was the human equivalent of a benevolent Master Shake from the age of seventeen to twenty-five. Which means I love this bird with all my heart.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I feel like the Discord exodus keeps this thread slow. But because Discord breaks my computer and I never log in, I couldn't tell you.

But it makes me so happy when this thread gets to popping.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

bee posted:

Bird Crazies: while he is very clever he is also very stupid

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

mediaphage posted:

borb of judgment

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

mediaphage posted:

just complete disgust with everything around her

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
One of my exes had an uncle who lost a ball to a goose. It got him from behind, and ruptured it through the pants.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

She mad floofin'.