Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yup, all reused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I don't think they were all reused, there was like 1-2 unique ones a game. The first had the turtle and the kraken, Warriors of the North had the giant/jotun guy who I couldn't get past because one of his attacks caused a CtD everytime.

Either way they're all awful and fighting a giant horde of human troops every now and then is much more thematic given that you're trying to liberate conquered lands.

Another cool thing is that you get "prisoners" when defeating enemy units which you can use in the field to restock low level units from Orcs/Undead/Inferno factions, or you can donate them to your general and he'll incrementally raise your stock of units in the 3 faction barracks in your base. Not a little either, I have like 1000 Necromancers and 5k Female Vampires available to hire.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

PaybackJack posted:

Another cool thing is that you get "prisoners" when defeating enemy units which you can use in the field to restock low level units from Orcs/Undead/Inferno factions, or you can donate them to your general and he'll incrementally raise your stock of units in the 3 faction barracks in your base. Not a little either, I have like 1000 Necromancers and 5k Female Vampires available to hire.

thats awesome about POW pool restocking the faction stores.

my solution to the boss fights was always having a max stack of faeries.
they are cheap and weak but had insane odds of landing critical damage hits.
it ruled out having a no army deaths run but was faster.
no lies, in my fighter run for crossworlds, the faeries were averaging 20k critical damage hits on Baal.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So it's worth buying then?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

CommissarMega posted:

So it's worth buying then?

It's Early Access but compared to where Wasteland 2 was when I picked that up when it got released as early access this is miles closer to a finished product. It seems playable all the way through but I just hit a spot where I couldn't get to a section across a bridge because the pathing was broken, it remains to be seen if I'll get flight before I need to access that area or not to continue the game.

I think if you're really eager to play some King's Bounty then I'd say grab it, it's clearly unfinished but I'd say we're close to 90-95% of the final product. Just know you're walking into something that's not done and may be unfinishable. I haven't had an update destroy my saves either but that's always possible with these things as well.

When it gets released in full this should be an easy purchase for fans of the series. Another 40+ hours of gameplay for $20 with the most engaging plot and lots of new design ideas. I don't care if the graphics are mostly the same because they look fine like what they're supposed to look like and for the most part nothing is pixelated and ugly.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

cool.
thanks for going steam early-access for it, and reporting your experience.
If Kanos reports back with a similar finding, i'll wishlist it and pray steam/greenmangaming/gamersgate does a sale for it.

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jun 13, 2014

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

After getting stuck on a pair of bugs, a new patch came and fixed them, now I'm at the last battle against a traditional moving around the battlefield, damage sponge, boss. I don't really mind because it's the last battle so I don't mind losing 90% of my army or doing a single battle that takes 10 minutes.

Game is pretty solid now. Sometimes things are a bit obtuse and a "figure things out yourself" quest line means taking to everyone you ever met for new dialogue options. There are a lot of things that don't feel finished but I think by the time of the actual release assuming the developer doesn't call it a day and move onto the next paycheck I can't see this not being the best game of the series or at least second after AP. The plot is solid, the end game is not as bad a slog as other games, and getting to use Demons and Undead from day 1 is a huge plus.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Suspicious posted:

Game was updated.

As far as I can tell, only 3* crash bugs (bolded) were fixed.

I read through the patch notes, and unless I missed it, it sounds like this bug wasn't fixed?

I posted:

And I notice the 0 hp bug is still there. The bug is that some spells, especially ones that burn or poison, will do zero damage to a stack of your units and instantly kill them all. That stack of over a dozen ancient ents you have, that is unkillable with stone skin and the other protection spell, with level 3 creation? Zero points of damage done, its dead, it can't be revived, even if it was a unit that was 1-4 and could be revivable. It's nice to see they can put out DLC but not fix an extraordinarily frustrating bug.

Can anyone confirm or deny? It was making the game unenjoyable.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Node posted:

Can anyone confirm or deny? It was making the game unenjoyable.

Never had that problem myself. 53 Hours played and never saw it once. I didn't it in any other KB game either.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
There was a second major update in May that fixed a zero damage bug but it says it was related to an item.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I'm a big fan of the KB series how are the achievements in the evil one?

Something I liked about those was it acted as another gameplay element that added significantly to your end game power level.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Powercrazy posted:

I'm a big fan of the KB series how are the achievements in the evil one?

Something I liked about those was it acted as another gameplay element that added significantly to your end game power level.

There are both your standard steam achievements and then a group of in-game achievements that confir bonuses. I think this one probably has the easiest awards of any of the games. With exception to the "cast this spell in the first ten turns" ones as it took be a while to find any of the ones that led to a passive resistance boost for my troops but Poison Skull was available early on but fell out of favor because Chaos Missile is freaking amazing for single target damage but the nice thing about Poison Skull was that it pulled double duty for the "Cause Poisoned, Bleeding, or Burning" award, however that was also increased by damage from traps and against large stacks of slow units traps are very useful. Otherwise everything else plays out pretty much the same as the other games but it felt like the end game benefits were quite a bit less significant. I think by the end usually your army is just so awesome that you really don't notice things like +20 mana or +20 rage, or +1000 leadership. Sure it could be mean dragon in your army but when you already have 20 of them it doesn't make a significant impact. I felt the same way in the old games, with the exception of the Trap medal. The Trap medal is always awesome because it scales its damage, poisons, and once you see how the AI moves you can get it to walk into them 10 times out of 10. As with the old games there was a mix of quest related ones and combat related ones, I think this game is the easiest to get the "Don't Lose a unit in 100 battles" one because there's a lot of low level and encounters that are just downright easy to win without taking a casualty in.

The only ones I didn't get were prisoner to demons/undead because I dumped practically all my prisoners into my military department to see when the rewards stopped coming(which was not as many as I thought sadly, like I said potential for future awesomeness). In this game you can talk to your rage monster and he'll offer to transform your "prisoners" which are a special type of quest item you get from pretty much every battle, receiving a portion of the enemy army(probably something like 5% of the total number of units or something) into rank 1 and 2 Demons or Undead. This was extremely helpful with Scoffer Imps because you could easily convert a few prisoners to keep your horde topped off after you leveled or replace a bunch that were lost in a more difficult battle.

On the subject of items, sets are back however I didn't get any complete sets, I was missing 1 of quite a few and 2 pieces from a few others. However in most cases the sets didn't seem that much better than just choosing the best item for whatever playstyle you wanted. In my case all my items were set to +INT, +Gold, or +Spell/Fire damage. Early on I was using a lot of +Defense items, but it usually came down to a binary thing of "either the enemy army has a stack of doom that's going to cause me casualties or it doesn't" so pumping defense compared to spell power was not so important.

Also fairly early on you'll run into "Traitor" units, which are basically Castle/Dwarf/Elf units that are "Of the Dark" but otherwise identical to the same units you've seen in other games. Don't get discouraged and feel obligated to use them, they don't really give you enough of the higher level ones(no giant stack of paladins that allows you to take a bunch of losses in battle) and I get the feeling they were just there to allow people who liked those units and didn't want to play with the "evil races" a choice.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

1c's website lists July 2014 as the release date for KB: Dark Side.
Just in time for everyone to be broke & tired of buying games when the Steam & GOG summer sales events end.
Since 2 early access games have gone on steam sale(Divinity: OS, dayz), anyone think Dark Side has a chance of doing the same?

Worse case: I've got a 20% discount code from gamersgate earmarked for KB:Dark Side.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'll throw in as saying I got Dark Side and am pretty impressed thus far. Most interesting is the way your main goal is to take over a given island, but there's lots of little things you can do to dent the troops, remove major heroes from the map, or other seemingly optional things that aren't formally listed as quests.

Also, Glory is now percentage-based. Thank god for that.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Stelas posted:

Also, Glory is now percentage-based. Thank god for that.

That was nice, I'm happy they left the award alone, because it's a nice reward for playing a tight early game, as it gives you a solid boost in the early-mid game.

The little quests you do to modify stuff is pretty cool. Like I said the plot is much more fulfilling in that way. Sure there's a lot of back and forth fetch quests for random crap but it feels like they went a long way into tieing all that into the major plot and plateaus of the quest line.

One storyline spoiler I loved is that you find out the Demons have been taken over because the Light has bailed out the Demon economy. They decide to join you as a way of not having to repay the debt.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Now I'm really getting excited about this. But I'll probably have to wait until it goes on sale, which should be around christmas. :shepicide:

Amusingly I would have had the money for it if I hadn't bought WoTN. Speaking of that, I never finished actually it. But that was because I bugged the valkyries by finding the second one before the first one. Hey, how was I supposed to know she was up a hill I ignored because it was guarded by very annoying enemies and then I forgot about it?

Poil fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jun 21, 2014

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Because I have horrible impulse control, I've decided to get this. One question- I heard the Demon leader is the 'Paladin' of the lot, right? Thing is, while I'd like to have the hordes of hell at my command instead of brutish orcs or sissy undead, the Paladin class has traditionally been the worst of the series' three classes. have they rectified this?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The Demoness class gets the best Leadership growth and their unique chunk of the tree focuses on making Leadership costs even lower, so the long-term outlook is pretty rosy. I'm not far enough to say whether it's better than it was, but it certainly looks good. A lot of crap skills have turned into different things, too.

e: Also, don't feel like you have to immediately grab Glory. It's now percentage-based - 2%, then 4%, then 6%. Early on it might be better rushing Learning for 20% xp boost throughout the game, or even Scouting for a 20/40/60% gold increase (which can then be funneled into gems later, I think)

Stelas fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jun 22, 2014

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Stelas posted:

The Demoness class gets the best Leadership growth and their unique chunk of the tree focuses on making Leadership costs even lower, so the long-term outlook is pretty rosy. I'm not far enough to say whether it's better than it was, but it certainly looks good. A lot of crap skills have turned into different things, too.

e: Also, don't feel like you have to immediately grab Glory. It's now percentage-based - 2%, then 4%, then 6%. Early on it might be better rushing Learning for 20% xp boost throughout the game, or even Scouting for a 20/40/60% gold increase (which can then be funneled into gems later, I think)

I think each class is much more restricted to their own Runes as well. I was level 55 when I ended the game and had around 50+ magic runes and 30+ green runes saved up, and 0 might runes. I had actually spent 1.4 million buying might runes just to help get me into the tree a little.

It was usually bad in the other games, but not this bad.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
I got this new game after hearing it was better then Warriors of the North. At least I haven't had to restart like 20 times because they kept adding save breaking bugs. v:shobon:v

That being said, I like how they seem to have added multiple ways to resolve quests. Semi-early spoiler:

I saw a screenshot showing Feline seducing the captain of the guards so you didn't have to fight him to get to the castle in Portland. I don't know how you get to that point, but that's a different resolution then just killing him. Similarly, I found it amusing that when you're trying to get Lucia to come out and you threaten Feline; Lucia doesn't take the bait because she recognizes Feline is "of the dark". I wonder what happens if you take Princess Sally to her and try the same trick.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

OGS-Remix posted:

I got this new game after hearing it was better then Warriors of the North. At least I haven't had to restart like 20 times because they kept adding save breaking bugs. v:shobon:v

I just checked my save and it's fine, same save I've been using since I grabbed the game a month ago. So it could be confined to whatever class you're playing. No matter what, I think you can't really complain about bugs because it's early release. Warriors of the North was buggy as poo poo well into versions that were past release, so I'll give them a break on this one because at least they're actually doing a good job correcting the bugs within a few days. I never had to restart my game so I'm not sure why that happened to you; I was actually expecting to see a bunch of save invalidating patches and remain surprised that I haven't seen one yet.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

PaybackJack posted:

I just checked my save and it's fine, same save I've been using since I grabbed the game a month ago. So it could be confined to whatever class you're playing. No matter what, I think you can't really complain about bugs because it's early release. Warriors of the North was buggy as poo poo well into versions that were past release, so I'll give them a break on this one because at least they're actually doing a good job correcting the bugs within a few days. I never had to restart my game so I'm not sure why that happened to you; I was actually expecting to see a bunch of save invalidating patches and remain surprised that I haven't seen one yet.

My statement was worded poorly. I meant to say I disliked WoTN and never even finished it because it had so many save breaking bugs. In addition to all the other in combat bugs it had too.

The Dark Side is much better then WoTN in that respect because there aren't save breaking bugs which means it's inherently more playable/fun then WoTN.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

I ended up getting KB:Dark Side with a gamersgate rebate and like it.
In actual KB: Dark Side news...release date is Aug 14, 2014
....according to steam.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Alright so I'm a big fan of this series... to the point I finished Olaf's Angels because I'm a sick gently caress.

That stated, should I try the campaign for Dark Side in Early Access or just wait for a full release? (I am going to pre-order it though)

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Malek posted:

That stated, should I try the campaign for Dark Side in Early Access or just wait for a full release? (I am going to pre-order it though)

I am a huge Early Access skeptic but I put in a lot of time into Dark Side and only Original Sin's release could boot me off it. The first couple of areas seem a little weird and empty but that's just because the game's running you through a 'prologue' of sorts and an extended tutorial, ensuring you have some rudimentary troops to get through it. Once you get into the meat of the game proper it's one of the best in the series for the amount of stuff you can get up to.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Stelas posted:

Once you get into the meat of the game proper it's one of the best in the series for the amount of stuff you can get up to.

No poo poo?

I really enjoyed Crossworlds (Armored Princess) and the first but what makes this one stand out a bit?

I saw some of the art and some talk on the Steam forums that you could play 3 different characters, is that what makes it better or what else? If I may ask...

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
How much better is crossworlds than vanilla armored princess? I haven't played either but I bought AP awhile back and I'm wondering if I should spend the money for the upgrade, seems kind of a lot for an expansion.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Malek posted:

I really enjoyed Crossworlds (Armored Princess) and the first but what makes this one stand out a bit?

As a fair disclaimer: it might just be because you've got a bunch of new units that you never really got to play with in the other games. That said... as you run around the levels you're trying to gather allies and equipment to rebuild an evil base. As the base grows you get more and more options and powers in how to strengthen yourself, some of which are pretty interesting and unique. There's also a bunch of skill rebalances that really help (Glory is now percentage-based, thank god) and new mastery skills that really emphasize each class speciality.

At the same time, there's a lot of optional and neat little quests you can do. You can bash your head against that one fairly strong hero standing in front of the castle, or perhaps you can convince an innocent young villager to draw him away from the rest of his troops to the local beach, whereupon you can rough him up in relative peace and quiet. At the same time you can go get a bunch of lovely iron and damage it, then turn it in to the local blacksmith, whereupon all the guard damage will take a hit. Depose kings and install evil bastards onto their thrones, and they can offer you corrupt versions of normal troops to use instead of whatever your usual army happens to be.

Basically it's just really dense, and it massively satisfies my OCD desire to run around hoovering up the contents of entire islands.

Re: the characters thing, you get an Orc, a Succubus and a Vampire, which basically just replace the three normal classes. Which one you pick determines your class, your 'default' troop type, and the assistants you'll get along the way. Orc is the Rage-heavy Warrior who uses orcs, Succubus is the troop-heavy Paladin who uses demons, Vampire is the mage who uses undead. You don't get to switch between them, unfortunately.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Stelas posted:

As a fair disclaimer: it might just be because you've got a bunch of new units that you never really got to play with in the other games. That said... as you run around the levels you're trying to gather allies and equipment to rebuild an evil base. As the base grows you get more and more options and powers in how to strengthen yourself, some of which are pretty interesting and unique. There's also a bunch of skill rebalances that really help (Glory is now percentage-based, thank god) and new mastery skills that really emphasize each class speciality.

[...]

Re: the characters thing, you get an Orc, a Succubus and a Vampire, which basically just replace the three normal classes. Which one you pick determines your class, your 'default' troop type, and the assistants you'll get along the way. Orc is the Rage-heavy Warrior who uses orcs, Succubus is the troop-heavy Paladin who uses demons, Vampire is the mage who uses undead. You don't get to switch between them, unfortunately.

Is there an available skill list so I can see how skills have changed (re: Glory, for instance) and the new mastery skills?

Also, is it true that you will now get noticably fewer cross-class runes, so you're more limited to what your class naturally developed? I read that somewhere unless I'm crazy, which certainly is a possibility.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
Thanks Stelas. And loving Sold.

Jeffrey posted:

How much better is crossworlds than vanilla armored princess? I haven't played either but I bought AP awhile back and I'm wondering if I should spend the money for the upgrade, seems kind of a lot for an expansion.

Between the two, Crossworlds main "selling point" was the additional island (or two), side quests and new race of orcs.

On that note, only 2 of the 3 are really beneficial. I never once played with an Orc army with Amelia but the new islands at least felt like part of the atmosphere in a side questish manor (but in the end, it means more XP and loot and I'm always for that.)

i.e. nothing amazing or wow, just feels more polished and like an included DLC (which it pretty much is.)

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Prism posted:

Is there an available skill list so I can see how skills have changed (re: Glory, for instance) and the new mastery skills?

Also, is it true that you will now get noticably fewer cross-class runes, so you're more limited to what your class naturally developed? I read that somewhere unless I'm crazy, which certainly is a possibility.

Not sure if there's a skill list anywhere online - information about it is thin on the ground and it's still early access, so maybe no-one cares yet - but when I've got a moment I'll put in a bit of effort and write them up.

Glory is now +2%/+4%/+6% Leadership, and stacks with itself (so it's +2%/+6%/+12%).

I think you definitely have to be a little careful with what you buy when, but I haven't had that much trouble with cross-class runes - I've been able to get a couple magic schools opened up and boosted, and some rage skills to help with the dragon replacement. Right now I'm saving for the Mastery skill, which is a rank 4 skill that costs 20-30-20(!!) runes.

e: Also, traps are now hilarious. Their damage scales better and between the talent and the medal you can automatically place six at the start of a battle.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 16, 2014

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Stelas posted:

Not sure if there's a skill list anywhere online - information about it is thin on the ground and it's still early access, so maybe no-one cares yet - but when I've got a moment I'll put in a bit of effort and write them up.

Glory is now +2%/+4%/+6% Leadership, and stacks with itself (so it's +2%/+6%/+12%).

I think you definitely have to be a little careful with what you buy when, but I haven't had that much trouble with cross-class runes - I've been able to get a couple magic schools opened up and boosted, and some rage skills to help with the dragon replacement. Right now I'm saving for the Mastery skill, which is a rank 4 skill that costs 20-30-20(!!) runes.

e: Also, traps are now hilarious. Their damage scales better and between the talent and the medal you can automatically place six at the start of a battle.

I would definitely be interested in seeing what the mastery skills are if nothing else, so that would be appreciated! Now I'm really considering buying this even though I don't normally go for early access...

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

One big fat infodump. All effects are at level 3 in the medal/skill, except for Masteries which only have one level.

General Medals:
- Grand Strategian (Win fights without losses, +1000 Leadership)
- Battle Alchemy (Inflict burning, freeze or poison, +30% damage for Fire/Poison/Ice)
- Headhunter (Kill enemy heroes, +15 Rage against heroes)
- Trapper (Kill with traps, +3 traps / +100% trap damage)
- Dragon Slayer (Kill dragons, +20% attack vs dragons)
- Dark Keeper (Use Blur/Avenger/Night Power/Dark Cover, +7% resistance to all damage)
- Treasure Hunter (Open chests, +7% XP)
- Blind Rage (Use Rage, +7% Crit Chance)
- Necromancer (Create Undead, +15 Mana)
- Demonologist (Create Demons, +15 Rage)
- Crystal Collector (Collect Crystals, +3 Intellect)
- Fat Cat (Save gold, +10% gold after battle)
- Lord of Darkness (Kill with companion, +15% experience for companion)
- Battle Mage (Kill with spells, +7% Mana regen)
- Gracious Conqueror (Take prisoners, +1000 Leadership)
- Sealer of Fate (Overthrow kings, +15 Rage/+15 Mana)
- Connoisseur of Beauty (Kidnap Princesses, +20% Leadership requirement for female units)
- Merciful (Release fleeing enemies, +1 Intellect/+1 Defence/+1 Attack)

Succubus-specific medals:
- Messenger of the Dark (Kill Priests/Inquisitors/Paladins, +3 Defence)
- Warrior of Demonis (Use Book of Evil/Sacrifice/Plague, +40% damage from demons)

Vampire-specific medals:
- Enemy of Humanity (Destroy human units, +3 Intellect)
- Dark Mage (Use Pain Mirror/Hypnosis/Scare/Poison Skull/Sacrifice/Plague/Evil Fate/Weakness, +15 Mana)

Orc-specific medals:
- Elf Exterimator (Kill elves, +3 Attack)
- Iron Knight (Use Berserker/Ghost Blade/Battle Cry/Dragon Arrows, +15 Rage)

Might Tree
1 - Heroism: Attack +6
- Rage Control: Rage +24
- Anger: Rage Gain +60%, +3 Rage per hit
2 - Onslaught: +3 Initiative, +30% Attack at start of battle
- Resistance: Defence +6
- Action Rage: Cooldowns of Rage abilities -1
3 - Shield of Rage: 30% chance of removing debuff at start of round
- Frenzy: +3 Attack on crit, up to +30
- Rage Grasp: Rage Loss -30%. Rage cannot go below 24%
4 - Berserker: 15% Chance of destroying half an enemy troop at start of battle
- Unity: Companion XP +30%
M - Chief: +1% boost to Rage skills/+1 Rage/-1% Rage loss out of combat per point placed in Might tree, +10% Attack
5 - Bloodlust: Counterattack Crit Chance +40%, +15% to all resistances, Crits cause Bleeding
- Rage Mastery: 45% chance to multicast Rage skills
- Blood Rage: 30% chance of double damage on Rage skills

Mind Tree
1 - Power of Spirit: Attack +3, Defence +3
- Scouting: Learn enemy stats, +60% Gold Gain
- Glory: Leadership +12%
2 - Diversions: 30% chance enemy troops lose their first turn. 3 Traps placed at start of battle
- Learning: 20% XP Gain, +3 Intellect
- Diplomacy: Lure 10% Troops over to your side, or cause 12% to defect for full XP
3 - Tactics: Pre-battle positioning
- Trade: Selling prices for items and scrolls 100% of value. +30% Prisoner Gain.
- Persuasion: Mitigate 3 negative morale.
4 - Foresight: +3 Initiative, +7 Archer Attack, +21% Resistance
- Oratory: +1 Morale for all troops
M - Lord: -1% Leadership requirement per 2 points in the Mind tree. -1 Morale to all enemies
5 - Sense Weakness: Crit Chance +7%. Mitigate Crit Chance +7%
- Recruiter: Recover 6% of troops after each battle
- Eye for an Eye: 20% chance of countering for 20% of damage taken

Magic Tree
1 - Meditation: +18 Mana, +30% Mana Regen
- Bibliophile: +3 Intellect, +15 Scroll Limit
- Concentration: +3 Mana / Round
2 - Order Magic: +4 Mana, Order Magic level 3
- Distortion Magic: +4 Mana, Distortion Magic level 3
- Chaos Magic: +4 Mana, Chaos Magic level 3
3 - Defiler: Healing and Debuffs +30% duration/power
- Warlock: Curses and Blessings +30% duration/power
- Wight: Damage and DoT effects +30% power
4 - Puppeteer: +30% power and number of summoned creatures, 6% may remain in army
- Transmute: +6 Mana on friendly unit death. +3 mana on enemy unit death
M - Archmage: +1 Intellect/+1 Mana/+1% Mana Recovery per point placed in Mage tree, +10% Magic Resistance
5 - Winds of Magic: 30% of mana spent is regained
- Higher Magic: can reuse spellbook in a turn 6 times / battle
- Breakthrough: reduce Magic Resistance by 12 and ignore 30% of the rest

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Huh, nice. Maybe I can actually get away with throwing a damage spell once in a while with Winds of Magic and Wight, though I bet magic is still best at buffing/debuffing

Thanks!

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Magic damage has been boosted some - it's still viable, even on a Paladin, especially if you get some of the good +Magic items and the medal boosts.

Another note: Everything level 5 requires the mastery talent, so it's locked to that specific class.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Damage spell does enough damage to be considered over buffing now. My vampire started every battle throwing out damage, which normally results in a corpse for my necromancer to reanimate. Sure, I spend a lot of mana each battle, but the results are there.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Eeepies posted:

Damage spell does enough damage to be considered over buffing now. My vampire started every battle throwing out damage, which normally results in a corpse for my necromancer to reanimate. Sure, I spend a lot of mana each battle, but the results are there.

I enjoy being able to blow stuff up with magic so that's looking good for me.

I bit. I'll actually download it and try an Early Access game. This is a first for me. How incomplete is it?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

It's pretty complete. They should have most of the fixes for bugs done now.

Nth-ing the love for spell damage. Chaos Missile is a huge damage dealer through most of the game, Poison Skull is great for the Vampire as it plays into his award(Dark Mage) and poisons which plays into Battle Alchemy. My entire endgame strategy was just to spam Apocalypse every battle which kept me at no-losses through a lot of battles against giant hordes of Elves, I have to think as a the Demon or Orc you'd need to refresh your army a lot.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

When I tried it before, after defending the dark castle from the three heroes, or whatever it was, it sent me off to some land where I had to kill three light dudes. There were no trash enemies around there to level up on, or anything. They were way too powerful, unless you constantly died to whittle them down. Is it more complete than that now, or was I just doing something wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Filthy Monkey posted:

When I tried it before, after defending the dark castle from the three heroes, or whatever it was, it sent me off to some land where I had to kill three light dudes. There were no trash enemies around there to level up on, or anything. They were way too powerful, unless you constantly died to whittle them down. Is it more complete than that now, or was I just doing something wrong?

Without playing this game, but with lots of experience with the other games, you were almost certainly doing something wrong.

You want to explore as much as possible, generally ignoring the main quest. While doing everything possible to raise your leadership.

• Locked thread