Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Skadiggity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

So um I'm watching AGDQ and I could have sworn I heard Portaxx reading off donations. Is it just someone who sounds a lot like her or is Portaxx into the speed running scene and I just didn't know?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

KirbyKhan posted:

I dunno. Ive been recommending The Gospel of Jimmy Olson, the pop culture pagan episode. It has all of the whimsy of stupid poo poo the internet does, with none of the hypnorape.

I personally like the Amy Lee and the Sinead O'Connor episodes. Gives you a nice spectrum of crazy that the FPlus likes to dive into.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

A Meat posted:

This is loving great:

Even though, I must say "Organized Pseudolegal Commercial Argument litigant" is much less catchy than Sovereign Citizen.

This is an amazing read but I'm not sure it'd be an interesting episode. A Bit dry of a subject.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

MooCowlian posted:

New episode up, sounds like crazy people are inbound.

In older episode discussion, I feel like the Sinead O'Connor episode just doesn't really go anywhere. It's a short episode anyway, and I think it just doesn't quite work. I don't think there's really enough variety there to carry it, and it's just not disgusting/absurd/nonsensical enough to match up to my favourites.

Everyone's Garbage attempts at accents is what carries it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea but it's a comic book.

And yea, he writes about how this evil bully called him a fag and pushed him, so in return he threw Dropped a brick from 3 stories up at his skull and, when a shop class machine near gutted him, he just watched hoping he'd die.

So yea, BASICALLY an everyman hero.

Please, lets not lessen Ted Rall's BRAVERY!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TetsuoTW posted:

It's still one of only two episodes I haven't listened to, because I feel like that joke is just kind of played-out at this point. It's basically Tubgirl to me. The other one's the Sinead O'Connor one, because I've read enough of the source material to know it would just annoy the poo poo out of me.

The Sinead O'Connor one's worth a listen just because by the end of it everyone's tried to ape an accent that they have no business ever trying and that's always worth a laugh.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Hippies are the worst.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I had one algorithm in my stog and another in my stog.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Portaxx is incredibly goony, but for a podcast like this, that's a niche that really had to be filled, and it's a miracle that someone like her was there to fill it. She's so close to being a horrible Livejournal/DeviantArt/Fanfiction.net type, but she's off by the exact correct degree-and-a-half to avoid it.

On the other hand, fun as she is, she has easily the worst commentary-to-comedy ratio in the show.

You're a loving moron.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Therion posted:

Do you realize how ironic it is to be anti-criticism about a podcast dedicated to criticizing things :haw:

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You're a loving moron.

But no seriously has nothing to do with being anti-criticism. That post was just loving dumb.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I'm willing to bet 99% of people who attend cuddle parties are as gross and broken as the people they were reading at the end and if that doesn't explain to you everyone's revulsion about every tiny detail about this maybe this isn't the podcast for you.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TetsuoTW posted:

You seem like a fun and chill person.

Does he not know where he is posting?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Added Space posted:

:words:

Not really. Violence requires an intent to harm. The people never harmed or intended to harm any person as far as I could tell. They never intended to destroy the objects of their affection, simply arrange things so they were more convenient. There was another F-Plus which did feature people getting sexual gratification from destroying toys, the language was quite different. Even then there was no evidence of intent to harm towards any person, only inanimate objects.

What these people experience is a fantasy they are engaged with to an unhealthy degree, similar to godspouses. It's a common claim that people too involved in fantasy become violent, but there is little consistent evidence of this. Even when the fantasy itself is violent (the old canard about violent video games producing super-violent teens) there seems to be little crossover into actual violence. People who like to fantasize remain in their fantasies, and people who like to be violent commit violence, and there's relatively little overlap. A person with a taste for one finds little sustenance in the other.

They even explained in the episode the excuses the person would make: turn off the fantasy for a few minutes, imagine it as harmless cosmetic surgery, etc. They are probably not framing the act mentally as violent. "Oh, but couldn't they easily do that to people as well as plush?" you exclaim. Not really - their plush companion is almost entirely a voluntary mental construct in their own mind, which they imagine is eager to go along with all this. The object itself provides very little sensory feedback and no resistance. A human would be pumping out lots of sensory feedback which would be sending powerful "STOP THAT" signals to the offender's brain, and presumably quite a bit of resistance.

Now it's possible that a person could get off on the resistance and sensory feedback of violence - there are certainly people who do. However, if that's what got them off, that's what they would fantasize about. If they were interested in violence, they wouldn't be bothering with this plush nonsense.

Now there are kinds of mental illness, most famously schizophrenia, which do involve imagined other personalities and which do often lead to violence. However, that's not what's happening here. Plush lovers have all the hallmarks of fantasy, where their imagined lovers agree with them, are comforting and supportive, and can be turned off at will. Schizophenics are highly disturbed by voices they can't control, which are often perceived as threatening and abusive, and cannot be ignored or turned off.

The only way I can see to get from "They cut a piece of cloth, therefore they would stab a human" is either to make the unsupported claim that fantasy leads to violence, or to commit to the fallacy of composition by saying "Some mentally ill people are violent, therefore all mentally ill people are violent."

edit: vvvv I'm not saying that they would be pleasant to be around, that anyone should enter a relationship with them, or that it's not right to make fun of them. Just that they're not secretly serial killers. :shrug:

Don't you have to source your poo poo for f-plus documents?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

BKPR posted:

Your posts read as very angry, and you are making an effort at jokes but they don't work. Please take a week off of posting to regroup.

Ahaha nah man.

But seriously doing armchair psychological analysis about the kind of weirdo fetishes the F plus reads about is sadder than most of what the F plus reads about and is probably not good for you. Just chill and laugh at how hosed up Officially Licensed Cuddle Party Overseers are.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Ironic Twist posted:

Can anyone tell me where the "TWIIINS" reference is from? Is it a Lady song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVqoYvlEZis

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

quote:

The F plus has said they won't do any more MRA episodes.

Okay which one of you did this? Cause it's a pretty good post.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

rumble in the bunghole posted:

You know how people pay dominatrixes to have wierd sex with them? Get rid of the sex part, then massively multiply the paying part, and you have findom. Short for Financial Domination.

Sneak Preview

Yeah it turns out people with super hosed up self-worth issues can conflate BDSM/Fuckin with just generally feeling like a worthless piece of poo poo with no catharsis out of it and will pay a lady for it.

On the one hand, it's kind of gross to profit off of broke brain people like that.

on the other hand I try my best not to feel too bad for people with that have much much more money than they do sense.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Bunnybread posted:

I'm more of a fuckable meathead, but sure.

well a Meathead at least

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

noether posted:

fellas, is it gay if I only want to consume media from other trans women :gay:

I try to do that only with trans women or cis-lesbians.

Christine Love is basically the best writer in video games and its a drat shame that no one seems to care for her work outside of a small subset of steam users.

Please look forward to my 10 page essay on why Ladykiller in a Bind is basically the greatest VN ever made and will never be topped until "Heaven Will Be Mine" comes out this next year.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

time to put on a podcast and play my Scholar on FFIV like usual!

Oh noooooooooo

It's fine no one wants to gently caress a SCH main anyway.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Catching up on the pod and the thread and lmao Imagine representing Abuse victims in court for years and still being so loving pigeon brained you say things like "You chose this life [where you're being abused]" without understanding the implication that says that means they deserve it.

The magickical items for sale episode was a little boring up until the Pryce is Ryght segment.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

why did you feel the urge to bring this up again

It was a funny as hell post (both the original tweet and the follow up here.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Twitter is bad only in that it lets people talk without thinking about anything to people they don't know.

It's like a BBS but with simultaneously less and more stakes.