Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I'd totally forgot about Clingfilm-Roy Orbison. Gonna have to listen to that again now. Other personal favourites focusing on one person are the Joan Ocean episode and the Jonathan Lee Riches episode. Particularly the last, since it's full of more "celebrities are obsessed with me" insanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

The bug one was great. Sharing it with my friends produced some of the best reactions I've seen, and bugs in genitals ruled our "disgusting stuff, click all the links" skype chat for a week. It's also a great thing to bring up if you really wan't someone to go away.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Actually, the feministisation of our society means we're not allowed to make fun of women. No feminist episodes, sadly.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

What shocks me is that they kept eating instead of taking the tiniest bite and then moving to a different room. If that stuff is as disgusting as it sounds...

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Can anyone recommend me some good episodes that aren't too NWS? I need to be able to listen without headphones so I can still hear other stuff, and that means bugs on dicks are out. I've got the food episodes, the quantum jumping episode and the one with the hypnosis and cystals.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Thanks for all the recommendations! There are so many great episodes I'd totally forgotten about.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I don't know, selling bad advice to idiots sounds like a neat way to fund my ice cream habit.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

You're cool people, and

Oh. There used to be more but I had to delete my less favourite episodes to make room for actual music. I need to find other things to listen to, I guess.

Keep up the good work, and make more of those episodes listed under hippie bullshit and religious nutbags from the content submitted section of the website, because I'm pretty sure I know that song from the episode about the blood of jesus off by heart.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

The problem with people like JustinRPG is that they're just one person, and it's so focused that I'm not really sure how much more there is to get out of them. Ulillillia has written more than enough for a billion podcasts, but I don't think there's much more to really joke about before it stops being humour and just starts being "hey, look at this autistic guy." I think the 100th episode pretty much covered relationships with reshiram, and I've not seen anywhere that could really expand into. If someone stumbles upon an entire forum for people who marry pokemon, maybe there's enough stories for more, but not just from justin.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

That was amazing. I don't often actually have to pause whatever I'm playing until I can calm down, but you did it. More loving clowns please.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Are there incel communities of women? The system might end up matching lazy horrible idiots together because they have similar opinions and hobbies.

I just looked at an incel forum to try find some women, and apparently they do exist, even in the same places as the men (???), but I didn't find much before I closed it because it was awful. Someone stronger go look.

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 4, 2013

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Is there someone collecting themed songs in case you just happen to need something about loving teddy bears, beating women or loving toys, or does the editor get the fun job of going to google and searching "misogyny vehicle gently caress song"

Perhaps a brainstorming session. Everyone open up iTunes and see if they've got anything that would fit. Then, listen to all the suggestions and pick out the three most perverted.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I think Episode 38: Let Your Subconscious Be Your Guide is a good one. Crystals in dirt, haunting leading to depression, dis-ease followed up with a nice dose of hypnotism to change sexuality, mass covert hypnotism and the trekkie who wants to use hypnotism to break someone up and then seduce her. I think that's the guy with the tickling fetish, too.

It goes into a good range of crazy, incomprehensible weirdos and skirts around the edge of the more horrifying/creepy things. Alternatively, throw your friends in at the deep end with manchildren sticking their dicks in stuffed toys or people talking about ants in their urethra.

Edit: Or the 100th episode specials. A wide range of weird, some of which might even be familiar to a listener.

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 27, 2014

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

It's Xander. Godammit.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

New episode up, sounds like crazy people are inbound.

In older episode discussion, I feel like the Sinead O'Connor episode just doesn't really go anywhere. It's a short episode anyway, and I think it just doesn't quite work. I don't think there's really enough variety there to carry it, and it's just not disgusting/absurd/nonsensical enough to match up to my favourites.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Djeser posted:

My absolute favorite part of that episode is the build up to when they're doing the adventure game and there's the line "you are completely wrapped up in glub glub!"

You are carrying:

Many, many rolls of clingfilm
A terrapin

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

It seems like they're the sort of weird internet people who romanticise things that were/are generally kind of awful in reality, as opposed to be actual homeless people out of necessity. I'd bet for every actual crazy homeless person on these sites, there's two or three who just go sleep in empty houses, dig through empty bins, or hitch hike to the next town and back, only to go running back to their parents house to grab their iPhone and go sit in starbucks. Come winter, I bet they'd be straight back somewhere warm and dry as opposed to freezing to death on a bench.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I like these episodes that are about ridiculous weird people doing silly things that don't really make much sense. These people are bordering on annoying and I feel bad for their grandparents having to put up with that stuff, but they're not really hurting everyone and it's just funny how unaware they are that it's nuts. At the end of the day, they're not really people I'm going to love to hate.

I can come away having laughed at crazy without really feeling like the world is a worse place and having an increase in my net hatred or disgust. It's great that the internet can showcase harmless people like Joan Ocean, a dude with a mario themed wedding, Ulillillia's and people who wear pyramids made from coat hangers. I think Lemon said in some episode or other that it was as much about celebrating the insanity the internet gives us access to as it was about mocking horrible things, and the weird harmless people make me feel better.

I hope people never stop playing guitar to their crystals.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I think they probably think it's a bit dumb but don't really care because unlike the couple, they realise they're chiefly there to celebrate a neat thing happening and have a big family/friends party.

It's quite easy to say it's moronic and ruins everything from a detached, podcast listening state, but I wouldn't mind betting that the vast majority of the people there don't know and don't care too much about Fallout/Steampunk/Whateverthefuck and are mostly concerned with the bride and groom having the wedding they want. It'll be an interesting story about how they had a wedding in a bunker with nerf guns, not an "ugh, let's hide the fact it was video game themed."

Yeah, it's weird to include He-Man in the wedding, but at the end of that day I don't think anyone is really paying attention to that poo poo. Let them have their weird theme, we can laugh at it and I kind of doubt the family care that much that the remote control helicopter delivering the rings crashed. It's a funny story, and I reckon the families of these people are hardly big on traditional, classic stuff anyway.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea like, you can have a comic book party whenever you want, those are fun, but you (hopefully) have just one wedding, so maybe put some loving effort into it.

The thing is, this is a lot of effort. The ones where they just went to a renfair are poo poo, but I'd say that fallout one seems pretty well thought through. You can have a comic book party, but I don't think you'll get one you can spend hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars perfecting. They're silly and weird, but I can't really agree it's a wasted opportunity and a choice they were wrong to make.

Honestly, I'm kind of happy that there are people who are willing to go against tradition and celebrate the way they want with the opportunity. It makes the world a stranger and more interesting place.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Don't do what I did and think "well now I have to google it!"

Please.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Cyberventurer posted:

I'm no Montrith. :v: I kinda wish I asked her to take over the doc or something, because I think I could have done a better job finding material that was actually funny. When I first put it together, I was more focused on stuff that was just nasty, like that awful story still in the file about Wesley Crusher from Star Trek getting his testicles surgically removed and his mother and counselor swallow them whole. And the supposedly true story about a guy who "needled his nut" and dragged it around to destroy it from the inside. I have no idea how I came across it, but that's the first thing I ever read about the subject.

Maybe I shouldn't listen to this one.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Cleretic posted:

It's worth it to hear them all cringing at the contents of the readings. There's been episodes I've personally found more uncomfortable, there's been episodes that have made people angry and depressed, butthis is the only episode that was made short for their own sakes. They could power through the dickbugs, but this makes them cut it short.

This man gives bad advice. It is not worth it.

I can't get the battery thing out of my mind.

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 14:31 on May 12, 2014

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

It is absurd, but it's not absurd enough. I can handle bugs crawling in your dick or swallowing someone with a vagina because it's so blatantly not a thing that happens, whereas I can totally picture having a heavy battery aimed at my nuts. It's not weird but harmless like the clowns, and it's not so out there I can't really imagine it being an actual thing.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

The thing which surprised me is they're not even talking about fancy wires or stuff which could make sense to people who care too much about tiny things or who are uninformed. It's just straight up crazy people. I thought it was going to be obnoxious people, turns out to be the same target audience as pyradyne.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I do feel like the kickstarter/indiegogo/patreon episodes (and to a lesser extent the mars and ahaaaaa episodes) tend to veer into attacking the concepts themselves rather than the idiots subscribing, which does annoy me a little. This one sounded at times like the readers had as much a problem with the idea of artists getting paid as they did with the idiots trying to quit their jobs to fly around the world dressing as a fairy, although that probably wasn't the intention, and it's kind of hard to get a good balance in an audio podcast making fun of stupid people. I guess it's personal preference, but likewise it sometimes felt with the aha and kickstarter stuff that I would have preferred more mocking of the stupid ideas and less mocking of the fact that people have ideas. Same with the mars episode - going to mars isn't necessarily a goal worthy of mockery, but thinking an accountancy course and some time in photoshop qualifies you is.

I'm probably reading too much into a comedy podcast, but I do prefer the episodes where it's just incomprehensible fanfiction, dolphin worshippers and people who want to gently caress balloons over the ones where you end up making fun of people who just don't really want normal jobs and lives.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

FWIW, I do think kickstarter etc. have plenty of good material, just that sometimes the jokes didn't always seem like they were mocking the idiots at fault as opposed to the generally reasonable concept.

As for what I want to hear, there's never enough new age (or religious) crazies and terrible fanfiction. I've got about halfway through a document on vibrating crystals that heal your soul, which I should get down to finishing. I just looked at the hopper to discover that a) there's a unicorn sex thing and b) when thinking about f plus, my mind automatically pronounces paggan wrong.

http://www.wikihow.com/Deal-With-a-Boyfriend-Who-Is-Obsessed-With-Your-Butt

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 3, 2014

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

No, mother, it was totally an accident that rabbit toy was on my dick.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

A drooling toddler wouldn't have appreciated the massage.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Icicles of butter.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Now they've done a food episode where they ate it, I'm not sure a boring one limited to reading about the horrors is going to cut it. That's a problem because it requires them to be both in the same place, and willing to eat deep fried mayo balls.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I hadn't seen the picture until now. Jesus.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Nah, even that looks manky, although maybe that's just my aversion to butter.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

It's weekly sometimes.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Lou Reads gave me the "I need to go outside and take a walk" reaction I usually reserve for when someone doesn't label their pictures of beheadings and that sort of thing. I've started to block it out.

10/10, would check the episode description before downloading again.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Small shirts are sold out? Does lemon hate small people?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

i like fried chicken

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Not shaped like Tom Cruise's penis, 0/10, would not pollute my water with it.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I'm confused as to why you're all recommending episodes that aren't about patrick82. Could you just not hear it properly or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Get Innocuous! posted:

Finished listening to the episode and find yourself in need of more car fetishism? Then I urge you to check out the original document and find the tumblr blog consisting entirely of dragons loving cars.

I prefer the :nws: subreddit.