Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akumeoy
Aug 6, 2022

extremely large and incredibly huge
A few sites I found that, while weird and lengthy enough to be on the F Plus, probably wouldn't be funny to read on-air.

1. Film Reviews by the Maoist International Movement

It's exactly what it sounds like -- a bunch of film reviews by American Marxist-Leninist-Maoists in the late 90s and early 2000s, written very seriously through the lenses of class warfare, feminism, and anti-imperialism. A lot of its lines are great out of context:

A radical attack on class, nation and gender oppression: Shrek 2 posted:

"Using the past to serve the present as Mao instructed artists, the directors of "Shrek 2" rattle off cultural references like machine-gun fire."

The problem is that, if you've read one, you've read them all -- each time I try to dive into this site, I get bored after reading like two of them. The premise of the site is more interesting than its actual contents.

2. Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki

Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki:About posted:

The Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki is sometimes erroneously labeled by newer users, or users with few to little knowledge of hurricanes, as a "hurricane fanfic website". This wiki is here with the sole intention to store your fictional hurricane seasons and articles, which can be viewed by anyone — not to provide free of charge "hurricane fanfics".

It's a fanon wiki for hurricanes. As in, like, the tropical storm. It has over 15,000 pages, the vast majority of which have no interesting content whatsoever. Granted, I haven't looked deeply into this one, so maybe there's enough material in there for an episode, but I doubt it. If you ever want to dig in, follow your heart, but you'd have better luck revisiting the Supernanny Wikia.

Akumeoy fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akumeoy
Aug 6, 2022

Tex Avery posted:

Listening to the bubble episode and I am thoroughly convinced that Gmax is autistic as gently caress.

I actually didn't get an autism vibe from Gmaxx. Usually when I (and other autistic people I know) get fixated on a particular line of thought, it manifests as going way in-depth and veering off onto tangents (see: Khursten, the guy right before him). Gmaxx just revisits the same points over and over again, and doesn't actually seem to know too much about chewing bubblegum.

Akumeoy
Aug 6, 2022

the fplus and fminus episodes about the supernanny fanon wiki are both essential listening imo

Akumeoy
Aug 6, 2022

On the topic of not busting: it's so quaint to listen to an old F+ ep and see that their go-to annoying November trends are... Movember and NaNoWriMo.

Akumeoy
Aug 6, 2022

Akumeoy
Aug 6, 2022

Back on the topic of inexplicable fanon wikis: The Googology Wiki, despite being hosted on fandom.com, is a serious and (if you have the requisite math background) coherent place for systematically creating and describing extremely large numbers. You could argue this is a fanon wiki, but it's much more intent on adhering to the 'canon' than most of those.

What I actually want to draw attention to is the Fictional Googology Wiki, where people go to just yell nonsense into the void. A lot of insane gibberish in here, ranging from extended rants to weird stubs with a few words and symbols on them. You can go to pretty much any page and encounter something completely baffling.

Akumeoy fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 22, 2023

Akumeoy
Aug 6, 2022

logging on to cum stain descriptions dot com to post about how im not gay

Akumeoy
Aug 6, 2022

LanceHunter posted:

I could have sworn there was a relatively recent episode also titled "Often Harder on the Man", but nothing is coming up now. Am I completely misremembering?

Sometimes EC will delete an old episode and rerecord it. This is one of those cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akumeoy
Aug 6, 2022

well that was loving gross