Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Kitchin uninterrupted takes some focus for me, much like nanowrimo, it's so all over the place and you gotta follow along as he "connected to dots" to get the full hilarity.

Second time I had to pause 3-4 times to do things, and then I got so much more out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Who's got the sexiest voice in the room?

Ooh, Frank West!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

This episode never stops being funny, and the articles about it in the real world keep getting better.

http://www.techspot.com/news/60071-mars-one-finalist-breaks-silence-claims-organization-total.html

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

All the fetish and weird dream docs have kinda blurred together for me, what's the ep title for this Luscious reading?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

Who sees an old moldy-rear end pizza and thinks "I'm gonna jerk off with this"?

Would you prefer a moldy-rear end waffle?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Therion posted:

The episode is infuriating but you totally should listen to the unschooling part :v:

And then Monkey Moms so you can have the internal debate of which community ia more unfit to parent.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

The Duke posted:

Holy poo poo the Boots Raingear replied to me :sweatdrop:

I also have to say that I'm with either you or Lemon in that I wanted episode 53 to last forever. UUUuuuuuuurp!

Readers enthusiastically pronouncing onomatopoeia, burps, sneezes, and other non-words always take an episode to the next level.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

The dude's Michael Keaton but somehow crazier than Birdman.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

DrManiac posted:

I hope we get a special episode now that gay marriage is legalized. Conservatives are loving melting down online

Just begin linking or copy/pasting or screenshotting the "best of" in this thread and we can submit a group compilation doc. If someone beats us to the punch well then we got some laughs anyways!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Early fanfiction stuff works well, everyone loves terrible writing and stories provided by StoryProvider. Ditto the Orbison episode.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

The first reading in the Butt Ghosts episode always has me cracking up.

Beaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

PUGGERNAUT posted:

So I usually listen to podcasts on shuffle at work, and yesterday one of the AboveTopSecret episodes came on. Someone (I think Portax?) was excited about the dragon thread because she always loves to read about dragons.

Next episode was the dragon dildo one.

I noticed this kind of thing happened a bunch. I think they made a gamerscore joke in the cosplay or wedding episode, and then very shortly after we were introduced to bboy360. Perhaps coincidence, perhaps when recording it gives them idea on what content to review next, who knows.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

It's also worth remembering that there must be tons of even more infuriating crap they review and either reject outright or record and later edit out, so them losing their minds during the recording could just be the tipping point after content we never got to hear.

And it's all worth it for the bit during the Mars episode where they begin joking about what kind of idiocy would prompt their frustrations.

"I want to go to Mars and I'm really good at managing virtual machines"
Boots: oh goddamnit

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Tatum Girlparts posted:

You realize there's like, actual debate over AS and when she brought it up she was talking about the assholes doing the whole "Oh my god it talked about how families of severely autistic children have hard times I GUESS THEY WANT AUTISTS IN DEATH CAMPS HUH" right?

Also yea she's an animator, and I can kinda understand a professional being annoyed over lovely patreon 'I'm drawing a lovely webcomic I want this to be my sole job please fund that internet' poo poo.

I can also sympathize with artistic endeavors being an incredibly difficult career to gain steady employment/income in, and that seeing hack fraud jokers get hundreds per month for garbage and still asking for more can be infuriating. Whether it's funny to hear or not is personal preference (I get a kick out of the honest rants), but the same passion that encourages them to make all these podcasts is also what leads to the occasional angry tangent and I'm totes fine with that trade-off.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Lemon mis-attributes the content provider or wackily pronounces the provider's name should be a bingo square.

Caaaaaroliiiiiiine

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

gecs posted:

Which episode did the one Boots impression that Lemon does come from, actually?

I can remember the exchange but not what it leads into, dang.

Is it the crying at a movie / not crying back-to-back bits?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

YggiDee posted:

It has taken me an embarrassingly long time to figure out that it's Boots Raingear and not Boots Reindeer.

Well he is Canadian so that is likely his heritage name.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

YggiDee posted:

Unlikely, we call them caribou up here.

We accept both. :colbert:

http://www.wwf.ca/conservation/arctic/wildlife/caribou/

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Lumbermouth posted:

I love any time someone in a document gets an "MVP! MVP!" chant and I swear to god there's one of them in this episode.

Someone goes on a long-winded post about being barefoot in mud and then MVP comes in to tell to him to shut the hell up.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

My favorite parts of the fetish episodes are the really ecstatic readings of otherwise mundane things. Some wrongly-erect dude sweating as he tells us that SHE TIGHTENED THE WATCH STRAP AGAINST HER WRIST!!!

Is there anyone in here who reads an all caps post and doesn't default to hearing it as a Kumquote?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Sinestro posted:

God, I really wish they'd do a F Plus Live in San Francisco someday. I just can't really swing flying to Minneapolis to see people read dumb poo poo, as much as I want to.

Same, but more East, and dangit why always on a Sunday argh (I assume much easier/cheaper to get a bar reserved).

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

They already did. For the raw food episode. :shrug:

Unless he was the roommate who popped in at the end of that episode, then 0 listeners were able to attend that recording.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

X-Ray Pecs posted:

The crew from I Don't Even Own a Television is going to be at F Plus Live 4. I am so dang hyped right now.

What's the podcast like, not the first time I've heard it mentioned with praise. Would it mesh well with FPlus / We Hate Movies / The Bugle in terms of style of humor and group banter?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Watch dudes should break their arms, imagine how many womens' Timexes they can hide under that cast

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

There's probably been 2~ full episodes of foot fetish posts and stories spread out across the two dozen or so episodes that involve fetishes and whatnot.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

chaos rhames posted:

Had a look at Cleretic's Choose your own Change thread in ballpit and Hooley Dooley it's a cornucopia of insanity. It's structured as a Choose your own adventure with entry open to anyone without any oversight, so you get amazing poo poo all of the time.

:stare:

Cyoc feels like a place that could sustain many months of episodes a la wikihow, although it would get a bit repetitive.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Both of those sound hilarious. Recipe episodes and obscure fetish episodes are always the best.

Out there people have combined them I'm sure.

Cummin' with Cumin

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

A couple of episodes have had versions of that. For one example, I can't recall the episode itself, but I distinctly remember Isfahan saying, "OK, nothing didn't happen as much as that," and now he'll stop by shortly to tell us which one it was. Trust me, this is gonna work.

(Failing that, all we need to do is cross-reference the episodes with Isfahan and the episodes with implausible stories. Piece of cake.)

Feels like something Bozarth said in the recent hypnosis episode? Or the magick one. "It shouldn't be so hard to create a promiscuous gay sex story" (paraphrased) may have been from the same ep you're looking for.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

E4C85D38 posted:

This is the one I was thinking of, albeit not accurately described. Thanks.

As Amynfl (sp?) would say TOUCHDOWWWWWN

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Boy, the list of questions at the end may be the stupidest questions they've yet found.

i'm gettin hyyyyype

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Holy hell I don't think I'd ever noticed that the pokemon name argument went beyond one page. :eyepop:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I made it through the bug fetish and adult baby episodes, but I just couldn't the take foot fetish one.

I don't know why that particular one broke me, but it did.

Same, the other stuff is so past any sense of normalcy that it has nearly zero effect on me besides laughter (perhaps occasional groans of disgust), but that one just made me squirm a bit too much.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Video of Kumquat doing his thing is amazing.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

imagine your fave making you a sandwich which must have meat and cheese

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Lumbermouth posted:

Yeah, I never thought that Bozarth would top the obnoxious kid from the School Survival episode, but here we are.

We talking legit mad like the MRAs, anti-vaxxers, and that "Subjugate your Wife because Reasons" type of epsiodes, or the jesus you're all insufferable twits like the childfree-hardcore and fat acceptance folks.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Massive idiots like the Mars or marriage episodes.

This might be my favorite episode since the singing one. It's full of insufferable dolts and Lemon losing his poo poo at how awful the dragon drawings are is magical.

Oh hell yes, the Mars one and MAGIC PEBBLES and the Pyramid Head episodes, among others, are all top-tier.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Someone shouting "There is 7 days in a week, if you workout every other day, you work out 4 days a week, how hard is that to ****ing comprehend?!" and/or "Sunday-Saturday is only 6 days, do you have 6 days weeks where you live?" would make for excellent intros, since the thread is pretty hard to compact into a podcast reading without getting redundant or losing steam.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

A corporeal beau. As opposed to the immaterial nineteenth century.

:allears:

I read it as "everyone thought I was insufferable so I dated the Instant Adoring Boyfriend for a good while, but then *gasp* a flesh-and-blood man who gets it appeared!".

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I recently picked up a PS4 and was doing some basic reading on well-reviewed games from the past two years and whatnot and holy poo poo I didn't realize the stupid #GG thing was that drat ubiquitous across all sites and boards and whatnot. I think it took three clicks to go from a reputable review site to something worse than stormfront.

I assumed it was an insanely-vocal super-minority but I guess it's an hyper-insanely-vocal sorta-minority?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Pretty much. It's the same trash people who have been harassing women in gaming like Anita Sarkeesian for years, but the Zoepost, Adam Baldwin coining "#gamergate", and 4chan kicking them out gave them something to rally around. And then from there they picked up a lot of followers from the dregs of reddit - the kind of people who use the terms "SJW" and "cultural marxism" with no irony - and Milo at Brietbart decided they were his new cause to champion (since cheer him on for writing easy clickbait articles about the people they hate). It's one big poo poo Katamari, basically.

Happy to not know anything about those people or places aside from Sarkeesian. Life in the bubble is goooood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

EmmyOk posted:

I went back and listened to the very first episode and it's much better than I was expecting considering what Lemon seemed to think about it in 200a. It made me laugh quite a bit and I didn't think it was all over the place. Was the bumper recorded at a later time though?

I find that the early episodes were great, the material itself was definitely fantastic and the sense of humor and rapport was always there. Just took some time to find their rhythm for intro'ing and segueing and it really kicked into high gear when the mid-read banter and riffing became more and more common.