Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Lots of good stuff here for sale. I want to try to sell locally (not shipping anything at this time) first before posting on NASIOC b/c I know there's a ton of guys with Subarus locally. I decided to leave my car stock, some parts were installed for a little bit, others I never got to, so that's why you're seeing things here. I've had the car for less than a year and 10k miles, so anything I bought new and installed has very low miles on it.

VF43 turbo. From an 07 with around 56k miles. Very little shaft play, better than most I've seen. I bought it off Nasioc and didn't install. Comes with new washers for the feed line and a new gasket for the return. Has a small wastegate crack. Comes with all lines. $400

3 port BCS. I bought new from MachV/FastWRX. $75.

Innovate LC1: I bought new, includes never used green gauge. All wiring is done, just pass it through the firewall and connect to power and ground it on the engine block. Run the calibration and you're ready to go. $140

AEM boost gauge. Part number is in the photo if you want to look it up. I never used it, brand new and unopened. $130

Pictures:
http://tinyurl.com/lxdz9tu

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Sep 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Sold.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 24, 2013

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

"Do not offer me meat" had me dying.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Selling the miata I bought for no reason. :doh:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/5074738016.html

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

philkop posted:

Anybody in the greater Orlando area want to trade me your stock rims for my upgraded 19" fat tire rims?

These came when I bought the car and they aren't my style.
They are crazy dirty, but I'll be cleaning them soon and adding more pics.

http://imgur.com/hbjXVEQ

Any advice on this in general? I can't afford to buy myself stock rims until I sell these, but I also can't have a car on blocks in my apartment complex.

Maybe list what car they're for and some details would be a good start.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Raluek posted:

Isn't that the point of the release of liability portion of the title? You fill that out and mail it to the DMV, so that if the buyer never registers the car they at least know you're off the hook for it?

Here (Michigan) you can sign off of the title and just give it to the buyer. If they don't do anything with it, the DMV/SoS has no record of the title changing hands. I like to usually do a bill of sale and take a picture or copy the title when I sell the car in case anything crazy happens.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Seems about right for my area, and it would be rust covered here.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

clutchpuck posted:

I want turn that into just a truck that can tow.

I want:
>2005 Ranger, V6, 4x4, <100k miles

I think your two wants are totally different things. Those V6s are loving pigs. Suggest buying a real truck.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

clutchpuck posted:

OK translation: I want to consolidate my 2 pigs into one pig capable of pulling more than a hotdog cart.

What are you planning to tow with it? I don't know the tow rating of that 3.0 or 4.0 V6 but they're slow as poo poo without anything behind them. I was merely suggesting getting a real truck that can actually tow things, since that's what you want to do. :shrug: The mileage on them isn't good either despite them having a smaller engine. Ultimately, buy what you want but there are way better options out there unless by "tow" you mean something that's like 1,000 lbs.

Edit: Ranger tow ratings: Not much unless you get the SUPERCAB (on a Ranger?) or the special snowflake models with exact box size and high rear end ratio.
https://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/towingguides/2005_Towing_Guide.pdf

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 23, 2016

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Raluek posted:

Are they? I've heard a lot of things about the early motors, but I thought those OHC ones were supposed to be pretty decent.

I know the 3.0 is, guess I haven't been in the 4.0. The mileage was pretty meh and it had no guts, IMO.

Tow ratings for the 4.0 are higher than I expected honestly (on the specific packages listed there). But if he's towing a lightweight boat I'm sure it's fine. Larger truck is more capable and probably gets comparable mileage but it's also, well, larger.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Space Whale posted:

Anyone near Denver interested in an 09 CTS-V? Red sedan @ 53k miles.

Nice car, I didn't know they had dropped in price that much.

You don't need to do the "finger over the plate" in pictures though for next time. Anybody on the road can see your plate, I don't know why people on the internet all the sudden think something bad will happen if it's posted online.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Time has come to sell the Volvo. It's a 2006 V70 with 153k miles but it's in great shape, honestly. $4700 but I could work on a goon price if there was an interested party. Located in metro Detroit.

I mean, it has 3rd row rear facing seats, cmon.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/5824761079.html

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I have a leftover Gates timing belt and water pump that I never installed, still brand new for a 06 V70 2.5T. Looks like it comes with a tensioner and idler pulley.

GATES TCKWP331A {#WPK41110C} PowerGrip Premium OE Timing Belt Component Kit W/Water Pump Info One of our most popular parts
Engine No. 3188689 & After; Interference engine application

This is the rock auto image for it, I've never opened it.

$143 on rockauto, I'd sell it to a goon for $100 shipped.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Bought the wrong snow tires for the wife's car, didn't realize 10mm in the sidewall value equates to nearly 2 inches in tire height. :doh: These looked tiny on the outback that has a lot of wheel gap in the first place.

From the ad:

General Altimax Artics with about 1/4" of tread left on all 4. Plenty to last a few more seasons. I bought these used and it turns out that they're the wrong size (needed a 55 series sidewall, oops). They were used on a Subaru so one of the bolt patterns is 5x100. Other might be 5x114.3 but I can't confirm. Wheels are 17x7 and seem fairly high offset but I couldn't find a value on the back of the wheels. The black paint on them (two tone wheels) is chipping off so they could use refinishing or just run them since they're winter wheels. Includes tuner lugs and socket.

$250 but I'd cut a deal for a goon. Detroit area. SOLD.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Dec 12, 2016

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Nocheez posted:

The sidewall number is a percentage ratio to the width of the tire, not a measurement of the height :eng101:

Oh I know, I just figured it would be close enough without really throwing the numbers in a tire calculator. Silly me

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Krakkles posted:

Are you sure? Because you said "10mm" when you posted them here and didn't think that 10% was a lot.

Are you interested in what I have for sale? I already said I hosed up, let it go.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Edit: That sold quickly.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jan 1, 2017

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I had a guy in Wyoming or Montana (I'm in Detroit) ask about my V70, dicking me around on the forums. Ultimately sold it to another guy a few hours away that rented a car one way and drove it back. :wtc:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

I flew to DC and bought a $3,500 corvette and drove it home 600 miles. Old corvette guys are the best. (The guy was old the corvette 1993.)

I've done a fly and drive twice, but never for a normal rear end Volvo.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Selling my G35 coupe in favor of a 4 door because we had a baby. $9500

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/d/2004-infiniti-g35-coupe-56k/6365959460.html

Copy/paste of the ad, more pictures if you click the CL link.

2004 G35 Coupe 6MT for sale. Very similar to a Nissan 350z, but with a slightly longer wheel base and back seats. Completely stock and never modified. 280 Hp 3.5L V6 engine with a 6 speed manual transmission.

Very low miles, 2nd owner. First owner owned it until last year at 49k miles. The original owner never drove it in the winter, so it's very clean underneath, no rust and always garaged. Right after buying it I had it detailed and polished, so it doesn't even have any swirl marks in the paint, just the normal rock chips, small scratches and door dings. This car has the aero package (front lip, sides, and spoiler), power sunroof, sport package (Brembo brakes, different wheels/tire package) and navigation which is every possible option in 2004 besides an automatic transmission. It's been well taken care of with regular synthetic oil changes, and has always used premium fuel. Inside it has heated leather seats and power everything. Everything works as it should, though the XM radio has been disabled in leiu of a Grom bluetooth adapter ( https://gromaudio.com/store/bt3_adapters/nissan_infiniti_aux-in_mp3_bluetooth_ipod_iphone_adapter_-_sat_emulation.html ), so you can play audio through your phone and have hands free calling. No wires were spliced, it's a pretty clean install. I can show you how to hook back up the XM if you'd rather have that.

Maintenance in the last year:
-Brake pads front and rear
-Compression rods (front lower control arm) replaced due to front end clunk (common issue)
-Front sway bar end links (also to rule out the clunk)
-Oil change at 55k (Pennzoil Platinum 5w30)
-Coolant flush
-Rear differential fluid (Redline)
-Transmission fluid (Redline)

Vehicle needs nothing and is in great shape considering the year and miles. Transmission shifts smoothly without grinds, and engine is strong. Doesn't burn or leak any fluids and I've never had any issues with it besides the clunking front suspension (fixed). It has Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires which are very grippy and not cheap. It handles and feels like a sports car should. The Brembo brakes are amazing and there's no shuddering or squeaking.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

PaintVagrant posted:

Nice car man. If I was in a different financial spot I would be pretty tempted.

Thanks. Wrong time of year to sell but hopefully it happens quick.

Already had a CLer ask 2 questions answered in the ad. :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

spouse posted:

that's a gorgeous G35. If you weren't 900 miles away from me and way too close to my ex-girlfriend for comfort, I'd consider driving up there and buying that thing.

Thanks. :) I wish you would.

Another presumptuous craigslister told me to send him a history report from Carfax or the like or else he wasn't going to drive 2 hours to see it. I always see that as buyer responsibility and told him as much, so I haven't heard from him since. :v: If you're not willing to spend $30 or whatever it is (and if it's something you apparently hold in high regard - I don't personally) then you're probably just some bullshit tire kicker anyway. Much like other two folks who I've shown the car already.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Shows as $40 on the page to me. :confused:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

edit: sold

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 17, 2018

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Larrymer posted:

Thanks. :) I wish you would.

Another presumptuous craigslister told me to send him a history report from Carfax or the like or else he wasn't going to drive 2 hours to see it. I always see that as buyer responsibility and told him as much, so I haven't heard from him since. :v: If you're not willing to spend $30 or whatever it is (and if it's something you apparently hold in high regard - I don't personally) then you're probably just some bullshit tire kicker anyway. Much like other two folks who I've shown the car already.

With a 2nd car for sale and another rando Craig's lister requesting a cheap Vin check from an unknown site, I'm convinced this is a scam by the people who run those sites to get free money.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Darchangel posted:

Or aren't a buyer at all and just want you to pay to use their site.

That's my thought.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

350z/G35 SS brake lines from z1 motorsports, brand new. Fits Brembo calipers. $80 shipped.
https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-products/z1-motorsports/z1-350z-g35-stainless-steel-brake-lines-p-2998.html

Volvo 2.5T timing belt, tensioner, idler, and water pump kit. $80 shipped.
GATES TCKWP331A
Application info for the million volvos this fits:
http://navigates.gates.com/AddedValue.aspx?PartNumber=TCKWP331A

Various Volvo odds and ends. Bought for a 2006 V70 2.5T. Parking brake shoes, lower control arm bushings (forward bushings), oil filter and drain plug washers, some gaskets (throttle body, water outlet and thermostat, stuff you'd need for a PCV job) and a front left outer tie rod end. Best offer on these, would prefer somebody to take the whole lot.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jan 28, 2018

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

vs Dinosaurs posted:

Is this still available?

Noooooooooooope

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

vs Dinosaurs posted:

Bummer. Haven’t seen a non salvage title g35 in CL for under 10k.

If anyone is selling a sporty japanese manual at a good price west of the Mississippi I am interested.

There were several coupe manuals in my area when I was selling mine. Mine had the lowest miles by half at least (yet was only about $1-2k more), and still wasn't easy to sell. I think it was the time of year more than anything. They're pretty cheap when they pop up.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Binkie posted:

Selling a TR7 project that I am abandoning. At this point it is the shell of a '78 TR7, and the rolling chassis (no body parts) of a 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata. The intention was to transplant everything into the TR7 from the Miata (drivetrain, suspension, brakes, even interior), but the guy I paid disappeared for years. I just got the cars back last year and I don't have the time or space to even begin, let alone finish. The MS had over 100k on it, but was pretty solid. The guy bumped into someone and the airbags deployed, so it was slavaged. It lot drove wonderfully before it was taken apart.

I have $7000 in both cars, I would like to get $2500 for everything. The parts for the MS alone should go for that. I'll only split them up if someone buys the TR7 body by itself first.

Located in central IL.

https://imgur.com/a/nVfYr

Nothing to add except that that is a sad story and sucks it couldn't be finished.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Cleaning the "never installed, then sold the car" parts shelf. :v: Probably a long shot for some very random parts, but worth a shot. Local only (Detroit) since it's probably not worth the cost to ship them, unless you want to pay for actual shipping cost.

2001 Silverado front brake pads. Probably fit a billion other GM trucks and SUVs. Centric 102.07850 $10

2002-07 G35/350z front compression rods/LCAs. New, one for each side. Never installed. $50

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

You boys like racin'? :clint: Buy my race suit, shoes, nomex balaclava and socks.

-Simpson S19 race suit, size Large. I'm 6'1 and 195 and it fit me well. Black, 2 layer fireproof suit, SFI 3-2A/5 rating. $400 new.
-Simpson high top racing shoes, size 12. Also black. SFI 3.3/5 rated. $100 new. Normally I wear an 11 and think I had to size up for these to be comfy.
-Nomex balaclava and socks. SFI 3.3.

Everything was only used for literally one Chumpcar race. It's a couple years old but in like new condition. $400 OBO for all of it, but I'm willing to separate. I'm in Detroit but can ship. PM for questions.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Sold!

2017 VW GTI Sport (all the good packages, power pack, lighting, keyless entry, LSD) for sale, selling due to growing family needs. One year only model that combines the best packages into one model. Original owner, well maintained and cared for. Has only needed oil changes. Both done by me with VW specified oil Castol 5w40, OEM filters and drain plug (It's plastic and has an o-ring that is replaced each time). Never modified, raced or autocrossed. Always garaged and will be until it sells.

25k miles
DSG (automatic) transmission
VW all weather mats (originals included, brand new and never used)
VW mud flaps
VW cargo storage mat (nice for holding something securely, it's a big velcro mat that you can box something in to keep it from sliding)
Auto dimming/homelink mirror installed with OEM parts
VW roadside kit
Wheels are plastidipped grey but can be peeled off (see picture, 2 tone stock wheels underneath in perfect shape)
hitch w/1.25" receiver
20% tint on the windows
Can include a set of 17” snow wheels/tires if interested, these cost about $750 new. See picture.

It has a very small chip in the windshield (<0.5” diameter, not cracked or spidered) but otherwise it's in pretty good shape. Normal front bumper chips and such but I don't think there's a dent on the car since I always park far away from people. One small rock hit on the hood at the front that left a scratch. Could use a good clay barring since it is white and shows every little thing on the paint.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 16, 2019

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

That's an $1100 Corolla with lowish miles on the Northeast that seems well maintained and not rusted out. Somebody buy that poo poo ASAP

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I have this old VW bug poster that I don't want to throw away. It's super loving hippy trippy poo poo but pretty neat. Was given to me by a boomer years ago so it's probably period correct. I will ship it for cost to some enthusiast. Just the poster in a tube, no frame.

Edit: gone!

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Oct 25, 2021

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Kastivich posted:

Selling it... I feel like people are expecting an awful lot. Like, why don't I have all the original service records? And, I was expecting you to have the original lights and wheels. Which would all be great; go buy one on BaT for $25k if that's what you need. It's a nice driving, very clean 17 year old car. It is exactly what I've presented it as.

This is funny to me b/c my father in law is into Porsches and loves all that poo poo. :lol: Even when he buys one he tries to track down previous owners to get more info to fill in the gaps. He's old and charismatic enough that it's not weird to them, so far.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Seems pretty decent price/condition wise in a world where everything is a billion goddamn dollars. GLWS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Clean the vehicle up really well. Take decent pictures, put in a decent amount of effort to go over everything you know about the vehicle and the history. Maintenance and flaws, just be honest. Post it at a decent price and go down from there based on interest. I usually do 500-1000 per week if no bites, but I'd rather sell it quick usually than wait for the right buyer for a few hundred more. Up to you really.

Be ready to answer stupid questions that are already answereed in the ad :v:, but usually those aren't serious buyers. Don't haggle with chucklefucks until they see the vehicle.