Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I'm selling my KC HiLites 100w driving lights. They've been sitting in my closet since I sold my Subaru last year. They're both about 6.5" diameter. I'm asking $100 + shipping.

I'll include the wiring harness if the buyer wants, but it's a little janky -- I had to snip one of the wires when I pulled it out of the Subie.

Link to SA-Mart thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3603474

Sold

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jan 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

What's the location on that MS6?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

leica posted:

Selling a 1991 AUTOMATIC Miata in western NY.

121k miles, FL car, needs nothing, new paint, new top, summer car never seen snow etc, etc.

Goon Price $4000

snip

That link is to the manage page, not the post itself.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

It is heavy, plush, and has the itty-bitty engine. But still, it's reasonably AI.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

El Mike-o posted:

Trading it for Spergelord Firecock's Z would also be a horrible financial decision.

Fixed for a higher body count.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

weak posted:

My girlfriend just moved from Germany to Atlanta for an internship and is looking for a reliable daily driver (preferably with an automatic transmission) for around $2000-$2500. Does anyone happen to have just that for sale in the general Atlanta area?

I bet my parents would let their 1998 Toyota Sienna go for about that much. It's mechanically sound, but cosmetically rough (both my brother and I learned to drive on it). PM me if you want me to try to get in touch with them.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

faarcyde posted:

I am selling a used car. I put it on CL and a guy who was clearly a dealer came to try and buy it. We agreed on a price and when I asked him to sign the title information for the purchaser he said he didn't want to do it.

If I have a bill of sale and his driver ID is there anything that could come back to me? FWIW he seemed shady but what could really go wrong if I had a bill of sale?

It's a tax dodge. I think it's sketchy, but I've bought a vehicle from a mechanic before, and he pulled the title out of a folder with someone else's name on it. In Georgia at least, the state will come to you saying, "Hey, you need to renew your registration", and you'll just need to tell them that you don't own the car any more. The purchaser will be responsible for any back taxes on the vehicle.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Raluek posted:

Isn't that the point of the release of liability portion of the title? You fill that out and mail it to the DMV, so that if the buyer never registers the car they at least know you're off the hook for it?

Not all states have that. Georgia doesn't, Illinois does. I kinda like it.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Larrymer posted:

You don't need to do the "finger over the plate" in pictures though for next time. Anybody on the road can see your plate, I don't know why people on the internet all the sudden think something bad will happen if it's posted online.

I think it's more like, any random person can see any other random person's plate, but if someone goes internet detectiving Larrymer, they can find that picture of your plate and do spiteful poo poo.

I don't think it's worth obscuring my plate, personally, but I understand people who obscure their own plates online.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

It would be hilarious to throw these on my Jeep (I need to replace my lug nuts), but they wouldn't fit.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Hey, who wants to buy my 2002 Jeep Wrangler? 6 cylinder, 5 speed, Apex edition (which is just the X package with spice seats).

It's got about 115,000 miles, 31" Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires, a Rampage frameless trail top, Bilstein shocks, some aftermarket headunit, and is otherwise pretty much stock. Rear seat went missing before I got the truck. Minor dent on the front passenger side fender.

Say, $7,000 or thereabouts in the New York City area? PM me or send me an email -- chris@agocs.org.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

blk posted:

Selling a Passport 8500 X50 radar/laser detector. Works fine but is missing a couple of screws from the case; I'm sure you can find the size with a little detective work. Holding it together with tape as ghetto mod racing stripe.

Comes with the upgraded Sticky Cup mount ($15 value!!!!!), cord, original box and fancy fake leather case.

$65 shipped goon price (polite way of saying firm)

Selling because I upgraded.

Please PM me if interested. Thx

Hey, I PM'd you about this a few days back. I guess it's gone?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Kastivich posted:

Dropping price again. $14k. Willing to deal for a cool goon that doesnt give me the run around.

gently caress, hold on, I gotta text my wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Kastivich posted:

Hit me up via email if you want to chat offline. Ih8philly@gmail.com

I'm sorry, as much as I want to make it work out, it's not going to. We're in the midst of buying my wife a new car, and four cars would be a tight fit in our parking situation. If you still have it in a month, I might be able to talk her into it.