Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

kastein posted:

I can put the manuals in the box upside down as pictured or turn them around, your choice.

Dammit, you beat me to the joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX area (pretty much dead center between them, actually.)

Selling two of my RX-7s:

EDIT: SOLD.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Oct 24, 2017

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

sharkytm posted:

That's exactly what it is. They usually get a referral kickback.

Or aren't a buyer at all and just want you to pay to use their site.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

BlackMK4 posted:

https://pastebin.com/AGc66Z8j

For the people that don't want to visit 4chan

Thank you.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Way to pitch it up, yo. :)
Definitely sets expectations appropriately, though.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Bit of a feeler.
1987 Toyota Corolla Sport SR-5 coupe, 5-speed

Extensive pictures and what-I-done-to-it in thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3838374&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

202,000 miles - will go up slowly, as I drive it occasionally.

Fixed a lot of stuff.
Recent rear wheel bearings and seals on right side side.
Recent ceramic rear brake shoes and slave cylinders
Recent (drilled and slotted) front discs and ceramic pads
Recent rear tires
14" x 6" Celica "Baby Supra" wheels
4 original 13" steel wheels (bad tires) and one 13" aluminum wheel with decent tire.
Rear side interior panels rebuilt with original upholstery
Fabricated new rear deck panel and carpet.
Rocket Bunny style duck tail spoiler - will probably repaint soon.
Wider rear fiberglass over-fenders (one has a crack, see thread)
Recent eBay lowering springs (replaced cut originals.)
Carpet dash cover
Short shifter of some sort.
New AC condenser. (AC was working - may have a leak, will attempt to recharge/fix.)
Seats and carpet are half decent. A couple small holes and pulls on driver's seat, carpet worn but serviceable.
Sunroof works
Cruise control works!
I was told it had a new gas tank and fuel level sender when I bought it. It certainly looks new.
Previous owned did cam cover, oil pan and front main seal gaskets, but I think the main seal is leaking again.
Muffler shop exhaust (no cat). I replaced the non-name muffler with a Flowmaster I had handy.
Fabricated bumper bar to mount aftermarket fiberglass JDM-style bumper and air dam.
Roof spoiler (currently uninstalled)
New OEM faceplate on HVAC controls.
Replaced heater valve control cable with one from a 4Runner (more flexible, therefore, works.)
New brake and clutch pedal pads
Goes and stops pretty decent. Transmission seems happy.
Current Texas reg and inspection. Gets driven about once a week.
HID headlights in glas H4 housings.

Bad:
Front "frame horns" bent out of level - one bumper mount is about 3/4" higher than the other. Little bit of wrinkling in the unibody rails. Does not seem to extend past the core support area. The bumper bar brackets were fabricated to account for the difference, so bumper is level.
Damage to left-rear quarter panel under over-fender, see pics in thread.
Right over-fender is cracked, no pieces missing.
Hood has wrinkles in it from the same accident that bent the rest of the front end.
Spray-bomb teal/aqua paint job
Quite a bit of blowby in the engine (see thread - it has a video!)
Aftermarket "American" Weber needs tuning, runs well, but very rich.
Probably needs struts and shocks
Original dash pad cracked.
Left rear side window leaks a little - needs to be removed and reglued.
Both door interior panels need to be rebuilt. Upholstery is OK-ish, but pressboard is warped/fraying. Fixed! Fitted original upholstery to new resin-coated hardboard with new padding. Came out nice! See thread.
Rear differential is noisy (have a spare, seems-to-be-good third member from an automatic [lower gear ratio].)
Needs alignment - still in "drift spec", and twitchy as gently caress.
Cracked the dang air dam on a parking berm. No chunks missing, repairable.

I don't have any particular attachment to the car, I traded it figuring I could sell it more easily than the '90 RX-7 I traded it for, after a little work. Now it's taking time and money away from my first love, my '79 Mazda RX-7, not to mention parking space, so I'd like it to go now.
I'd try to get $3500 out of this thing, if it were on Craigslist, just for the inevitable time-wasters.
$3200 goon price for saving me the pain.

I do have PMs, or just ping me in this thread, or my thread above.

Most recent pics:

After lowering springs (that raised the car...)

Bumper bar:

Cracked air dam:

Over-fender crack:

Lots and lots more pictures in the thread, or tell me what you want to see and I'll post or take the photo if needed.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 6, 2020

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

morethanjake32 posted:

For sale:
2003 Subaru Outback h3 Vdc
Runs acceptable, ac works 177k miles
might need an o2 sensor as sometimes on long drives I get a check engine vdc light that comes on.
Needs:
Brakes
Shocks
Rear taillights are intact but have a crack that water sometimes infiltrates
Interior average
$600 Phoenix AZ
If anybody has any interest let me know, otherwise it’s going to the car talk guys charity.

Sedan or wagon, and do you mean H6 3.0?
Forgive me for saying so, but that's really cheap, so, I gotta ask: anything else wrong?
Any pics? I'm assuming burned paint because AZ, but any major body damage? Obviously, I'm not expecting perfection for $600.
If it would make the drive back to Dallas, and is a wagon, I'm interested.

Edit: while I'm here, is ANYONE interested in my AE86? Make me an offer!

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jun 20, 2019

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

morethanjake32 posted:

Wagon- H63.0- was phone postin so that was part of the error.
We got a new to us car, and did not want to deal with craigslist crazies, or have it go to auction and get flipped and sold as is to someone who didn't know better.
Passed smog here 9 months ago.
I replaced all the front wheel bearings 6 months ago.
Paint is in surprisingly good condition for az. clear is all intact. I polished the headlights a couple months ago and wound up polishing an inch of paint around the headlights since it was halfway dark.
No major body damage, new fuel pump, 2 year old ps pump. 3 year old alternator.
tires arent worn down but are around 4 years old.
Front seats are leather and worn, but no tears or rips.
Missing one of two roof rack cargo bars.
has tow hitch with 1 7/8" ball and 4wire connector. never used, original owner installed.
Front driver window tint peeled from 1/4 of window.
Got under it this morning and the rear sway bar bushings are worn, I have not replaced any suspension parts in the 9 years we owned it.
started it up today and heard a little whine from the ac compressor while driving, but mostly on acceleration.
randomly has 1-2 drips of oil after a long drive.
if you want to call or text me at 928-328-1414 I can shoot you some videos or pics/ talk about it more.

Dammit, now you've got me looking at how much one-way flights cost.
Incoming text. I'll identify myself by forum name.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

morethanjake32 posted:

Pending sale, but I’ll let you know if it doesn’t happen.

Yeah, unless something silly happens, I'm buying it. Wife was surprisingly enthusiastic!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Soooo.... what is it?
I know what it is, but you didn't actually say year/make/model anywhere in there, and other folks might not already know you and your car, right?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Dammit, I has no monies.
Also, people would look at me funny if I bought a car in PA and brought it to TX. Supposed to do it the other way 'round.

edit: and my wife would kill me.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Darchangel posted:

Bit of a feeler.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3838374&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Fixed a lot of stuff.
Recent rear tires
4 original 13" steel wheels (bad tires) and one 13" aluminum wheel with decent tire.
Carpet dash cover
New AC condenser. (AC was working - may have a leak, will attempt to recharge/fix.)
Seats and carpet are half decent. A couple small holes and pulls on driver's seat, carpet worn but serviceable.
Sunroof works
Cruise control works!
I was told it had a new gas tank and fuel level sender when I bought it. It certainly looks new.
Previous owned did cam cover, oil pan and front main seal gaskets, but I think the main seal is leaking again.
Muffler shop exhaust (no cat). I replaced the non-name muffler with a Flowmaster I had handy.
Fabricated bumper bar to mount aftermarket fiberglass JDM-style bumper and air dam.
Replaced heater valve control cable with one from a 4Runner (more flexible, therefore, works.)

Bad:
Front "frame horns" bent out of level - one bumper mount is about 3/4" higher than the other. Little bit of wrinkling in the unibody rails. Does not seem to extend past the core support area. The bumper bar brackets were fabricated to account for the difference, so bumper is level.
Hood has wrinkles in it from the same accident that bent the rest of the front end.
Both door interior panels need to be rebuilt. Upholstery is OK-ish, but pressboard is warped/fraying.
Rear differential is noisy (have a spare, seems-to-be-good third member from an automatic [lower gear ratio].)

I don't have any particular attachment to the car, I traded it figuring I could sell it more easily than the '90 RX-7 I traded it for, after a little work. Now it's taking time and money away from my first love, my '79 Mazda RX-7, not to mention parking space, so I'd like it to go now.
I'd try to get $3500 out of this thing, if it were on Craigslist, just for the inevitable time-wasters.
$3200 goon price for saving me the pain.

Most recent pics:

Bumper bar:

Cracked air dam:

Over-fender crack:

Lots and lots more pictures in the thread, or tell me what you want to see and I'll post or take the photo if needed.

Still for (low-effort) sale. No change in condition, other than I washed all of the oxidation off and treated the black trim, and both door panels have been rebuilt - original upholstery over resin-coated hardboard - and actually turned out nice! MAke me an offer, or at least come look at it and say nice things.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Do you want to be an AE86 owner? (I’m kidding - yours is worth way more than mine. Also, I’m trying to make cars go away, not exchange them...)

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I want these display cases out of my garage:

This one is 63" H x about 16" square.
It appears to be home built, or built to an aesthetic. It's welded raw steel square tubing, galvanized steel, and acrylic.

This cabinet is 74-1/4" H, with the mirrors at the top x about 22" square.
It was a vendor display cabinet, steel and acrylic, for sunglasses, I think. This one has wheels as well.

I bought these from an artist friend of my mother in law who was downsizing her studio, but ended up deciding to go with the Ikea Detolf display cases instead. I don't really need the cabinet space on the bottom.
I don't have the keys for the smaller one (the unpainted steel one), but one upper door and the lower door are unlocked, and the locks are easy to replace.
I have all of the keys (two locks on the upper door, an one on he lower cabinet) for the "Smith" case.

If you're in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and want one or both of these, I will give them to you if you come pick it/them up. going to put them up on Nextdoor & FB Marketplace for $20 or something otherwise. I'd just prefer that a goon benefit, and I don't have to deal with CL/FB. etc.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

It's built like a tank.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Voltage posted:

anyone want this stuff fo free? Last chance before I take it to the trash.

Throw that poo poo on FB Marketplace for free/low $$. Someone will take it. Unless you just don't want to deal with FB Marketplace, which I understand.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

GOD IS BED posted:

I sent you a PM a while ago, but got no reply. These still available?

Ditto.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

EDIT: SOLD!

Not to steal any of RIP Paul Walker's thunder, but I also have a Kia I need to move.
Dallas/Fort Worth Texas area.
2008 Kia Spectra5 SX, 5-speed, blue outside, grey interior. All the options (because SX) except CD-changer, sunroof, and ABS (which were a package.) ~145K miles
Cruise, AC, PW, PDL w/ remote keyless, adjustable steering column. Everything works, but the keyless is sometimes spastic - I think the switch that lets you do central locking with the driver's door lock is playing up. It likes to re-lock after unlocking. AC is acceptable, heater is great. Radio has been replaced with a double DIN Pioneer with Bluetooth - factory radio will be included if desired.
Currently wearing Konig Rated-R wheels in the factory size (16x7, but a better offset, appearance-wise, in my opinion) with decent tires (Road Hugger eco tires, which are rebranded Kumhos, as I recall.) Factory wheels can be included if you pay to swap tires, or don't mind the completely worn out, dry-rotted tires on the original wheels. to be clear - with this option, you will need to stop by the tire shop on the way home.
Paint is decent. Clear coat has failed on the plastic parts (door handles, mirrors, rear spoiler, gas door,) which appears to be typical for this gen Kia Spectra. No idea why. The clear coat is fine on all the metal bits. It has been in a minor fender-bender, and the front bumper cover and driver's fender were replaced and resprayed, and the driver's headlight replaced. I keep records, so I can provide a spreadsheet. It runs great, drives great. Probably needs an alignment - I never did so after replacing the struts and lower control arms - and may need a clutch in another 10-20K miles. It's fine at the moment, but was replaced some time ago (can get exact date/mileage, of course.)

I really like the car. It's surprisingly fun to drive with the manual trans, and reasonably fuel-efficient, but I have an excess of cars, and something needs to go.

I could give more detail about anything if requested - just ask. This post is already long enough.

Asking $3500 as is, possible Goon discount. I still drive it ever couple of weeks to keep it from sitting too much, so mileage will increase slightly.
Pictures:

edit: had 'er washed and cleaned, oil changed, an I changed the timing belt. New pics after the wash.
Didn't clean the engine bay so potential buyer could see I'm not hiding any leaks or anything.

EDIT: SOLD!

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 2, 2021

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Darchangel posted:

Not to steal any of RIP Paul Walker's thunder, but I also have a Kia I need to move.
Dallas/Fort Worth Texas area.
2008 Kia Spectra5 SX, 5-speed, blue outside, grey interior. All the options (because SX) except CD-changer, sunroof, and ABS (which were a package.) ~145K miles
Cruise, AC, PW, PDL w/ remote keyless, adjustable steering column. Everything works, but the keyless is sometimes spastic - I think the switch that lets you do central locking with the driver's door lock is playing up. It likes to re-lock after unlocking. AC is acceptable, heater is great. Radio has been replaced with a double DIN Pioneer with Bluetooth - factory radio will be included if desired.
Currently wearing Konig Rated-R wheels in the factory size (16x7, but a better offset, appearance-wise, in my opinion) with decent tires (Road Hugger eco tires, which are rebranded Kumhos, as I recall.) Factory wheels can be included if you pay to swap tires, or don't mind the completely worn out, dry-rotted tires on the original wheels. to be clear - with this option, you will need to stop by the tire shop on the way home.
Paint is decent. Clear coat has failed on the plastic parts (door handles, mirrors, rear spoiler, gas door,) which appears to be typical for this gen Kia Spectra. No idea why. The clear coat is fine on all the metal bits. It has been in a minor fender-bender, and the front bumper cover and driver's fender were replaced and resprayed, and the driver's headlight replaced. I keep records, so I can provide a spreadsheet. It runs great, drives great. Probably needs an alignment - I never did so after replacing the struts and lower control arms - and may need a clutch in another 10-20K miles. It's fine at the moment, but was replaced some time ago (can get exact date/mileage, of course.)

I really like the car. It's surprisingly fun to drive with the manual trans, and reasonably fuel-efficient, but I have an excess of cars, and something needs to go.

I could give more detail about anything if requested - just ask. This post is already long enough.

Asking $3500 as is, possible Goon discount. I still drive it ever couple of weeks to keep it from sitting too much, so mileage will increase slightly.
Pictures:

edit: had 'er washed and cleaned, oil changed, an I changed the timing belt. New pics after the wash.
Didn't clean the engine bay so potential buyer could see I'm not hiding any leaks or anything.

Up on Tred now, which handles $$ and paperwork: tred.co/8tYT

EDIT: SOLD! (via Tred)

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 2, 2021

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

CerealKilla420 posted:

Anyone in Texas have a panther body they’re looking to part with?

See, the issue with selling my P71 would be buying something else... Which in the current climate is problematic, 'ey?
You don't happen to have a Kia Soul to trade, do you (wife wants one for whatever reason.) I'd miss my V8 couch, though.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Huh. Would be tempted if I weren’t in TX, and didn’t know a guy that has at least 8 of these things in various condition, including a nice 88 Formula (with a slightly bored out 2.8). That’s a killer price for a running vehicle, period, nowadays.

Edit: speaking of, if anyone needs Fiero parts let me know and I will get you into contact with him. He doesn’t do FB, so he’s not selling much because Craigslist is a waste now, and sadly he’s a Redditor. A Mod, even.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Man, I wish I had $16K available...

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I would so much rather spend that on the Cayenne rather than my plumbing... but, well, gotta make the poop go away somehow.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

Consider: you can poop in your car, but you can't drive your toilet.

I was going to agree, but...

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Lookit dis chump

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Would if I could, fellow goon.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Don't suppose a trade for my AE86 is possible?
(that's mostly wishful thinking. Unless...?)

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I'm going to have to bite the bullet and <shudder> advertise it on CL and FBM...

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

cursedshitbox posted:

I don't envy you.

Tell me about it.
If any of the folks who have just randomly looked at it and looked thoughtful at the price would actually go for it, that would be great. I think I've got it priced cheap at $5-5.5K (depending on who and when they ask.)
Talked to a UPS guy about it for like 20 minutes on Sunday...

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Posting this thing again (and noting that it was 4years ago I last posted it.)

Fixed a lot of stuff.
Recent rear tires
Carpet dash cover
Sunroof works
Cruise control works!
HID headlights in glass H4 housings.(?)
Replaced with name-brand halogen 6504 headlights when one of the HIDs died, and the housings got nasty.

Bad:
Both door interior panels need to be rebuilt. Upholstery is OK-ish, but pressboard is warped/fraying. Fixed! Fitted original upholstery to new resin-coated hardboard with new padding. Came out nice! See thread.

I'd try to get $5500 out of this thing, if it were on Craigslist, just for the inevitable time-wasters.
$5000 goon price for saving me the pain. This might be negotiable, but feel free to find a cheaper one if you can. :P

Most recent pics:

The radio surround was repaired and reinstalled after these pics. Documented in my thread.
The paint is once again chalky - these pics are from 2020, but nothing has changed substantially, other than I 3D printed new seat recline handles.

Bumper bar:

Cracked air dam:

Over-fender crack:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

gently caress, if I didn't have to go halfway across the country to get it...

edit: I mean, not like I have room in my garage, but I'd *make* room.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Suburban Dad posted:

Don't haggle with chucklefucks until they see the vehicle.

Oh, geeze, that.
Never haggle over email/messaging.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

sleepy gary posted:

Anyone need parts from these things?

A Suzuki something and a Kawasaki something. I haven't done much of an inspection or any testing on them yet. They were apparently running when put away, but both have "gas" in the tanks :mildpanic:. Cosmetics are so-so.

'Zuk looks like a GS750E.
A few parts might work on my GS450L, but more importantly - do you have titles, keys, etc?
I might be interested in the entire bike if it's cheap and not too far from TX.

Also:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1979-suzuki-gs750e/
sold for $10,000, which is "not cheap."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Argh, too far. Also, my wife would lock me out of the house. Could live in the minivan, I guess.