Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fag magnet
Nov 29, 2000
I'm selling my unfinished project 2005 RSX Type S. Mileage is about 56k. Motor was babied and is completely unmolested. Will provide most recent UOA and happy to run another one via installed fumoto valve. The rest of the car is.. well, interesting. The car has no interior trim behind the front seats (rear seats and restraints are included but not mounted). I was in the middle of removing the sound deadening when I stopped working on the car. I have done some work on the suspension: Acura A-Spec non-adjustable coilovers (@ 25k miles), front lower control arms were pulled from a Japanese Integra Type R, LCA bushings were replaced with Energy Suspension polyurethane. Wheels are 17x8 +45 Kosei K1 TS with RE11s. There are 3k miles on the wheels and tires, 20k on the LCAs. Several internal chassis braces were also replaced with Type R equivalents (or added where no equivalent was provided).

Stereo was replaced with duct tape and a dummy wiring harness that is wired directly to a line-in and an iphone mount.

Front half of the interior carpet was removed and trashed. Shift linkage was rebuilt 1000 miles ago due to increasing slop. Transmission side bushings were replaced with hybrid racing spherical units. Shifter lateral arm was replaced with aluminum unit from K-tuned; rubber bushing in arm replaced with K-tuned delrin two-piece bushing and return spring replaced with stiffer K-tuned unit. Rubber shift-unit-to-chassis mountings were replaced with solid bushings. Shifter still has 3-4mm of left-right dead zone, but otherwise is direct and nearly flawless. Gear oil was changed appx every 15k miles according to "best practices" to head off problems with 1-2 and 2-3 shifts (which are not a problem currently). Similarly, clutch master and slaver cylinder were preemptively replaced with new units 2k miles ago.

Several minor maintenance issues remain: serpentine belt is slipping/squeaking and needs to be changed (part included). In the worst case, this could involve the tensioner, which was stuck when the the belt started slipping. Trunk weather stripping has small leak (part included). Car comes with very large trunk full of parts -- brake pads, all removable carpet, several years worth of osram nightbreakers, more, probably; I stockpiled enough parts for a couple years.

I am the first and only owner. Asking 8k as-is. Serious inquiries only please; if you are not absolutely sure you can finish this car, please do not PM me. Car is located in West LA.

eta: Sorry, that came off way more negative than I meant it to be. I want this car to go to an enthusiast who will give it a glorious afterlife as a driven hard but properly maintained track bitch and not some high school kid who will immediately kill themselves in it after destroying the transmission and dropping a valve. However, I have this phd thing to finish right now so I don't really have time to show the car. *shrug* If that about fits your profile, PM me and I can email you pictures, whatever. Price is somewhat OBO modulo the latter.

fag magnet fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU