Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
you're selling something, talk up what's good and downplay what's bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

CornHolio posted:

Hmm, removed the references to the mismatched wheels and CEL and only casually mentioned the body damage. Better?

I mean I wouldn't lie, but you have some good qualities and you just sort of bullet point them. Talk about how meticulously maintained it is or something.

I do think the mismatched wheels are killing you in the image. It looks pretty janky. (put the same ones on each side!!!)

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

16" Koenig Incident alloy wheels with Michelin X-Ice snow tires and TPMS sensors located in SEMI (Ann Arbor specifically). Came off a 2013 Ford Focus ST. Selling because I'm no longer about that Hot Hatch Lyfe.

Wheels: Koenig Incidents, see here: https://konigwheels.com/wheels/main-line-wheels/incident/ - part number 1N76T85406
These particular wheels are 16x7 and have holes for 5x108 and 5x115 bolt patterns. Center bore is 73.1mm. Includes lug nuts. Weight of 16.2 lbs per corner. Some curb rash on LR wheel, but the others are pristine. Lived in a nice climate controlled storage facility when they were not on the car, and were on the car in Massachusetts and Michigan roughly 4-5 months of the year.

Tires:
Michelin X-Ice studless snow tires, 215/55R16. Date coded 2013. Have about 6/8 tread remaining, probably saw ~15,000 miles of total use so far. (The car I had them on did 45,000 miles in six years and four months). All tires have worn evenly. I'm a skiier so they've certainly seen their intended conditions. They are really good in the snow and wet and not too loud in the dry. Properly mounted and balanced.

TPMS sensors: they are TPMS sensors that work with Fords. Not sure about other brands. Get rid of that annoying dash light!

Cost: When I throw them on Craigo, I will price at $300 for all four, but I'll Goon Discount that down to $260 for all four. An equivalent package from Your Local Favorite Tire Joint or Tire Rack is going to run you about $1,000.

Errata: I won't ship them unless you want to pay actual shipping cost +10% for being a pain in my rear end. PM me if you want more info. I don't know if these fit on your car and I don't particularly care to find out - I've given enough information that you can figure it out. Picture gallery here: https://imgur.com/a/2XFCHsR

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

That's a great car, good luck with the sale!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Any Canada goons interested in going to see the F1 race in Montreal, June 10-13? I bought tickets but Canada won’t let us filthy Americans into the country for tourism. It’s a pair of four-day passes including some pit lane/paddock access on Thursday, practice on Friday, qualifying on Saturday and race on Sunday. I paid $699 per ticket but I’d give a nice discount to a goon. Just have to figure out how to transfer them. PM me if interested.

Don't know if it's kosher / you've tried but you might find some takers in Canada LAN threads.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I don’t venture much outside of AI. What are these threads?

Whole subform for regional threads:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=241

Toronto thread seems pretty active, but the others seem dead: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3531349

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

If you're in SEMI and you want a pair of Rhino ramps or a perfectly adequate Harbor Freight jack, I'm moving out of A2 and don't want to pay the movers to bring them to Boston so they can sit in the storage space under the stairs. Show up and give me like ten bucks and it's all yours. If you want me to bring them to you, within about an hour's drive, 20 bucks.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Where's Inner Light?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Nocheez posted:

I sent her the link and she asked "are you buying it?" which was a great response, but we really don't need the toy right now.

it's a toy, definitionally you never need a toy

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Nitrox posted:

Cursory eBay search shows me hundreds.

yeah I would not try to spend the bucks on the true OEM unit

but it should be available from your local VW dealer if you insist. 5GM711113DCBR for the complete assembly, which costs about 250 dollars

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

You'll have better luck on the Vortex or something like that

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

It’s definitely possible to ask that stuff without being a huge rear end in a top hat but most Porsche people have a hard time with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Kastivich posted:

Dont get me wrong, I think this can be done. But I outlined exactly what records I have AND posted pictures of them for review. And the response was "i want to inspect all records in person". Just gently caress off with that garbage.

lol