Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
I'm selling my 1991 BMW 325i, I have too many cars. Trying to sell it here before I wade in to Craigslist.

Imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/GycSHkv

I"m in the Portland, OR area, and I'd like to get $1700 for it.

The good:
-Mechanically reliable. I dailied this car for about 30k miles and never really had any trouble with it. I spend some time unfucking PO fixes, and so I'm pretty sure most everything works, including M3 control arm bushings and new lower control arms. Timing belt, water pump, and fan clutch were replaced 25k miles ago.
-Very little rust - only a 1" spot on the rear driver's quarter where something hit the trunk from the inside and the paint came off and I think some on the driver's rocker.
-e36 rack swap. The ratio isn't much faster than the stock e30 ratio, but all of the work to swap it over to a Z3 or faster ratio e36 rack has been done.
-doesn't burn oil excessively (I think a quart every thousand miles? 700 maybe?)
-comes with a full tank of gas!

The bad:
203k miles
-It was in an accident at some point on the driver's side. The driver's door was replaced, and there's bondo on the the rocker on that side. You can see where a patch fell off in the picture above.
-The paint is horrible. The sort of flat look it has in the pictures is how it looks in real life. The paint has flaked off (showing the red it was originally), as well as being thin in a couple of spots.
-Exhaust is a single-tube, 325e-style. The original muffler rusted out and I threw it away, but I still have the original downpipe and cat, which is included with the car if you want it.
-The interior isn't particularly great. I put ratty IS seats into it, and theyn't not in great shape. I have the originals and they're included with the car if you want them.
-No AC. The compressor was removed before I ever had it, I don't know if any of the remaining components are in working condition since I've never used them.
-The thing in the back seat is the stock front bumper lip. Fell off a few months back and I never tried to put it back on.

There's probably more that I'm forgetting, email me at junklys AT gmail if you're interested. I'm getting rid of it because I have more cars than space, and I just don't drive it any more. The original seats and downpipe/cat are included if you want them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Shats Basoon posted:

less than a thousand made i've been told

Huh, really?

I got into a car accident once, the guy who's car I hit (his fault, when you're turning left, in the left turn lane with a left turn light, when the light to go straight changes you don't automatically get to go too) was going on and on about how I was screwed because it was a super rare car hard to get parts for.

It was a 2dr Fleetwood, I thought he was just being a douchenozzle.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
************SOLD!**************
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. The Fiero was purchased by a forums poster, so with luck at some point we'll see it again.

Hey you! Yes, you! Do you want a mid-engined, rear-wheel-drive, 5-speed V6 (beater) SPORTS CAR?

Well, TODAY IS YOUR LUCKY DAY!

Looking to sell my 1988 Fiero Formula to make room for another project. 5 speed, PW, PL, PM, 149K. Working tape deck (I even have a box full of old tapes if you want them). I daily drove it before Covid, since then it's been parked but I took it out and drove it around a bit over the weekend, seemed to be fine. Eastern Oregon/ SW Idaho car, no rust to speak of but it definitely looks the part of a beater.
Best of all: POP. UP. HEADLIGHTS.

What's not to love?
Seriously, someone buy this from me. I had great fun with it but its time to move on, and I really don't want to have to deal with CL/FB Marketplace randos again.

I'll list it in a few days for $SOLD goon price is $SOLD.

More pics at: https://imgur.com/a/1TO7Xpx

************SOLD!**************

boxen fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Nov 9, 2022

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

LloydDobler posted:

Yeah I just sold a car on craigslist and the amount of work people will put in just to harvest an email or phone number is pretty strange. I had about 6 people contact me in the first week, one carried on a complete conversation before he got to the crux of it, he wanted me to get his non-carfax report (which is where they charge your card, send you a fake report saying your car is perfect, then ghost you).

Oh and carmax signed me up for a shitload of spam email which for some reason comcast can't seem to filter out. I get 10 a day at an address that got 0 until I used it for carmax. And they never even gave me the online quote, they told me they had to see the car first. Maybe I had an impostor website or something.

I have a google voice number and an email I only use for things that I expect to get spam from, can recommend. If I sell a car on CL or similar again, I might make an email just for that and get a burner phone because the spam just gets silly.