Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Hey guys,

I came across an E36 M3 instrument cluster at the junkyard. I believe it works for any E36 but check before you buy. I have it listed for $100 on craigslist but for a goon, name your price! It's slightly damaged but other than that it looks to be in good shape.

Listing is at:

http://southbend.craigslist.org/pts/4067862712.html

If nobody wants it I'll just return it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I've been trying to sell my brother's car without much success:

http://southbend.craigslist.org/cto/5231772683.html

I had it at $1500, then $1300, and it's been at $1000 for almost a week now. It's been listed for two weeks. Haven't had a single interested person. What am I doing wrong?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Cage posted:

If people want a cheap car they want one that would pass inspection I assume. Plus that is some nasty body damage.

We don't have inspections here.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

scuz posted:

What other cars area available in your area for $1k? You've got to compete with cars that don't have any front end damage and no CEL. Have you considered parting it out?

every other car has a similar condition

Maybe I'm being too up front about the issues? Every other car has rust, cosmetic damage, a mechanical issue or something. I thought a grand for a running Honda with a bunch of new parts was a good deal. Maybe I'm wrong?

Winter is coming and surely people are looking for winter beaters. We get 100+ inches of snow here and a FWD cheap Honda should be a hot commodity, I would think?

I don't have the time to part it out and my brother has a neighbor that offered $500. I thought it'd be worth more but maybe I'm wrong?

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 1, 2015

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

you're selling something, talk up what's good and downplay what's bad

Hmm, removed the references to the mismatched wheels and CEL and only casually mentioned the body damage. Better?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I mean I wouldn't lie, but you have some good qualities and you just sort of bullet point them. Talk about how meticulously maintained it is or something.

I do think the mismatched wheels are killing you in the image. It looks pretty janky. (put the same ones on each side!!!)

It... hasn't been though. It's my brother's car, he's had it eight years and he can't even change a flat tire. I've kept it running and done most of the basic maintenance on it but I can't really call it "meticulously maintained." It's pretty overdue for a timing belt but shhhhh. It really does run and drive good though, for a thousand bucks I still think it's a good deal. I've paid more for shittier cars.

I did finally get a text on it so I think the changes may have helped.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

BlackMK4 posted:

gently caress, I used to give a ton of info in car ads. Now? Few lines and vague pictures. If they have questions they can come look at it at a time that works for me.

Yeah, selling this car hasn't been the easiest thing to do, logistically. I'm tasked with selling it (since I've sold plenty of cars before and am the only one that knows anything about anything), but it's my brother's car and he lives across town, and our dad has the title. I've cut my brother out so now only me and my dad have to be there, and I'm wondering how legal it would be to just have him sign the title so I can do it all myself and have the car at my place.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Rhyno posted:

I've signed titles for other people in the past (in Indiana to boot) and nothing has ever come back. Maybe prep up a bill of sale as well?

totally sold it last night for $850. Thanks for your help dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I'm selling my dad's Harley. It's a 2013 Dyna Super Glide Custom. It only has 5300 miles on it. I don't know jack poo poo about Motorcycles.

Facebook Marketplace