Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
This is hard for me but I'm moving in new directions and have too many toys to keep them and give them the attention that they deserve. So I'm selling my 1976 Scout II. Mileage is basically an unknown (the speedo/odo has obivously been replaced) but it runs strong and has no mechanical faults aside from the nonfunctional A/C, which is useless in a Scout even when it does work. It does have some body rust, mostly the rockers and quarter panels behind the driver's door. There is also evidence of rust repair in the rear wheel wells and endcaps (where the tailights are). It is in no-way a perfect Scout, but it looks nice enough that special person in your life won't refuse to ride in it, and at the same time it's not so good you'd feel terrible about bonking it against a tree.

The Scout comes with a Traveltop (metal hardtop that is body-length, covering the entire people space and bed area) and a Besttop Soft top. The Traveltop has the desirable sliding windows, I have the interior body panel inserts for the traveltop but no ceiling (they're normally just made of pegboard painted white). The Traveltop exterior is painted black with bedliner paint as I use it for off-roading. The Besttop vinyl soft top (and associated installation hardware) is also Traveltop length. The soft top windows have some cloudiness and scratches, but are still pliable and not yellowed. You can roll the soft top sides up and drive like that, or lower the top completely fairly quickly. Switching between hard and soft tops takes about an hour. Currently the hard top is installed but I'll help install the soft top for you if you like since it's not exactly self-explanatory.

The Scout's interior is appointed with the desirable high-back front bucket seats, the top surfaces of which have been recovered. The rear seat represents how they would have looked prior and is period correct (1976 pattern) for this year Scout, despite the fact that I bought it from a swap meet. The rear seat folds forward to increase cargo space. This Scout also has the factory lockable center console and locking glovebox. I wouldn't trust the locks to anything valuable though. The floors and sides have been recovered with a carpet kit. It looks nice but I would have gone with paint and bedliner had it been my choice. The dashboard has been cut for a DIN-sized radio (I also have an uncut dash that goes with it), and a Kenwood CD player is in place. It plays out of a two-speaker sound bar mounted on the roll bar. The roll-bar is the factory bolt-in unit. The only interior option really missing from this truck is a tilt steering wheel. Speaking of, the steering wheel was replaced with a kinda hokey Pilot unit, it's a little small in diameter, but works well enough. Truck comes with the Cobra CB radio.

Mechanically you're looking at a bulletproof combo with the desirable 345ci IH "SV" v8 engine twisting through a Chrysler 727 three-speed automatic, dana 20 transfer case (single stick) and dana 44 axles front a back with 3:54 gears inside. This is a great combo for 31 inch tires, which is exactly what the truck rides on. The tread is maybe 50% left. I have replaced the factory Holley 2210 two-barrel auto-choke smog carb with a Holley 2300 carb in 350cfm configuration (list number 7448) and manual choke. The 350cfm 2300 two-barrel is basically the perfect carburetor for the IH 345, it really runs great. I've also recored the radiator recently (it's probably good for another 30 years now), and replaced the factory "Lock-O-Matic" hubs with Warn Premium manual hubs. The old Lock-O-Matics come with the truck but they're partially destroyed and they are junk to begin with. I've also added a Ford relay to the starting circuit to ensure reliable starting performance.

Here's a picture gallery with a raw dump of shots I took the other week. Like I said I've since put the hard top on, I'll get some shots of that up soon. It's not a perfect truck by any means, it's got some problems, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find more fun and utility for $3,500. This is a goon price, I'm looking for $4,000 on CL.

http://imgur.com/a/iL2qB

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

blk posted:

Selling a Pioneer Premier DEH-P4091B headunit. Premier was Pioneer's high-end stuff until they recently discontinued the sub-brand. Comes with remote, Pioneer iPod/iPhone cable (up to iPhone 4s or whenever they switched to the smaller connector), wiring tail/harness. Everything works and sounds great. A little bit of wear on the upper left chrome plastic button. Display looks a bit scratchy in this shot but a lot of that is smudges from my clumsy hands and noise in the photo; it looks fine when it's in natural light or turned on.

Info: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/DEH-P490IB

$25 shipped; a cheap way to get iPhone connectivity and great sound in your car.

You got the Bluetooth adapter with that?

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Ozmiander posted:

Way to let your sperg flag fly.

Meatpimp's comments may be a bit pedantic, but then again a lot of market ready to buy a $60,000 NSX are pedants.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Interested, seriously. Not sure I can work it but yeah, I'm interested.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Tremek posted:

Yes it is available - and dear god, Craigslist never changes. Had some kid in Utah try and play games by texting me on two different numbers, then he got his dad involved, and I told them I wasn't interested in playing games or having my time wasted. Pretty sure he's why it got flagged.

Here's the new post:

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4932473489.html

Feel free to forward to your friend!

Any interest in trades? I've got a 1993 Accord Wagon, manual transmission, 135,000 miles. I could put on any deal you'd like to work.. I bought this car while looking for yours, couldn't pass it up.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Selling my 1970 Mercedes-Benz 250c.

With 49,900 original miles and documentation since new, this is probably one of the best survivor 250c around. It's an excellent driver-quality car that you can run anywhere, but as a survivor it does have some minor blemishes and isn't so nice as to be afraid of taking it out. Despite the 250 name, the car is actually powered by a 2.8 liter inline six with dual two-barrel carburetors. Behind it is a rare factory four-speed manual transmission. Inside the car was equipped with a four-speaker stereo AM/FM radio, black MB-tex interior, A/C and manual windows. The car is completely stock except the headlamp assemblies and the horns. The USDM headlights were removed and the European-market lights the car was originally designed for installed in their place. These Euro-market lights are Bosch-manufactured units that were sourced from France, they have the flat-front glass, yellow reflectors, integrated fogs, and vintage selective-yellow R2 bulbs. They are the rarest of the Euro headlamps and correct for French-market W114/W115 car of the same year. The OEM horns were replaced with Stebel Magnums as the original low-tone unit has failed. Both the original USDM headlamps and horns are included in the sale along with a pile of paperwork since the car was new and a ton of period automotive-related sales materials and MB pamphlets. Plus there is a nice high-quality car cover, a small collection of parts, and a set of aluminum "steelies" that go with it.

Goon price: $11,500

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
I too have been shopping 240d again. I miss mine greatly, and once I got a speeding ticket in it.