Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
My dad's got his 6MT VW TDI up for sale. No bids on it on eBay but there was a shitload of interest. The salvage title was from a pretty minor rearender that the PO used as an excuse to get out of the lease.

Old ad is here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GOLF...e#ht_500wt_1182

PM me if interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Edit: gone

Das Volk fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 26, 2014

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Up for sale: 1987 Mercedes 300D, 160K miles.

SOLD!

This is the diesel :spergin: favorite, the one-year-only mechanically injected OM603 aluminum inline 6, with a later head which is one of the most reliable revisions. It sports a raging 143HP and 200 ft-lbs of torque, which means that unlike most diesel Mercs it can get out of its own way. It also will get 30MPG combined or better no matter how hard you drive it. Even better, you don't have to smog this one in CA.

Newish stuff:
-Suspension is in good shape, with new Bilstein dampers all around, newer OE wheels and Pole Position S-04s.
-Radio is a newer deck with line-in, Bluetooth audio and USB.
-New vacuum control valve for HVAC
-Blower motor is new
-Brakes recently done, parking brake adjusted
-Sunroof still works great somehow

This car is much less of a basketcase than the old 190E Cosworth I sold in here years ago, but it still has its share of problems.

-The stupid vacuum operated HVAC is having some issue I can't figure out, but the heat works.
-The AC works but the compressor switch needs replacing. It's an R12 system and was refilled recently (yes, with R12, don't ask.)
-Interior is a bit ratty, driver's side dash speaker is blown, and it will eventually need a driver side window regulator.
-Needs the Mercedes equivalent of a guibo
-Paint is fading, but there's no rust I can find, and it's been a local California car its whole life.

Given that shittier ones with half a million miles go for $2500, I'd like to get $3250 for this one.

I'll add more photos later, but here's one I took after the suspension work was done:

Das Volk fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 16, 2016