Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SPORK08
Sep 29, 2003
wagon-core
Turbo charged. All wheel drive. Built in booster seats. Not currently road worthy.

Buy my 2003 Volvo XC70.

Ice white with tan leather. 132,000 miles.

I bought the car about 3 and a half years ago with 82,000 miles on it from a local used Volvo dealer.

The car has served me well for the last 45,000 miles, but lately it's been more of an issue than I would prefer deal with.

It needs some front end work and has a check engine light.

On hard left turns it makes a grinding noise. Just left turns. I replaced the front left axle, thinking that was the culprit and it did nothing. This is what prompted the sale. The Volvo manual says use tool XXX and remove the axle. That's it. That tool is just a perfectly shaped pry-bar. The internet tells me to yank real hard. If that doesn't work, stick a chisel between the tranny and the base of the axle and give it a few good whacks. I did. Well, instead of popping out the axle broke the gently caress off. I again consult the internet fearing my car is now hosed for ever. Nah. This is apparently all a part of the process. It's a known thing. I drilled and tapped the stub of an axle and yanked it out with a slide hammer.

Slammed the car back together after a 3 days long repair that I thought was only going to take a few hours. The noise was still there. My wife says "you know, you could stop wasting time and money on these cars and fix up the Thunderbird."

She's right. I've got a 1958 Thunderbird in my barn that's in the background of the pictures. I have yet to do a drat thing to it because I'm always dicking around with other things. I hate when she's right.

There's also an occasional thunk that comes out of the front end. I can't make it happen on command. It's usually on a hard turn from a stop.

The check engine light is code P0420. Could be an O2 sensor. Could be a bad cat. Could be a dirty MAF. Could apparently be any number of things.

The power steering reservoir has a slow leaking hose. I just top it off when I change the oil.

Overall, I have really loved the car. It's big, comfortable and super handy. You can fit the world inside. The all-wheel drive has been excellent in the Buffalo winters. It's just time for some change.

I've got it listed on Autotrader for a very optimistic $5500. The longer it sits the more I'll consider having the outstanding issues taken care of.

SA price is $4500. Email or message me.

The car is in Western NY.

This guy is looking for a new home too. 1995 Roadmaster Estate. 64,000 miles. There's hardly a spec of rust on it. A couple dents, but VERY little rust. It also has it's issues. There's some gremlins with the motor that have to be sorted out. When it runs right though! Oh man is it awesome! It's got an LT1 and it makes the Volvo look like a smart car. You can put full sheets of plywood IN it and close the tailgate. 3 rows of Red couch. I've got about $3500 in it. I'd like to get $3000 back.

I want the Volvo Gone, I'm willing to spend a little more time on the Roadmaster before I mark it up as a total loss.

It's a station wagon blow out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPORK08
Sep 29, 2003
wagon-core
Woah, look at all these new things people listed for sale.......

Oh. poo poo. Third party NSX chat.

SPORK08
Sep 29, 2003
wagon-core

Plinkey posted:

Full Disclosure:: So I had my truck sitting for about 3 weeks after I got the master done and took it out for some errands a few days ago. I think the slave has a slow leak now, it'll go into first at a stop but it's rough and the clutch catches almost instantly. I don't feel like paying to have the slave replaced so I'll take like $750 off the price (what seems to be about the going rate for a slave replacement). and am very open to offers.

For the low low price of $1500ish you can too own a truck the runs on the souls of hydraulic cylinders.

Some one needs to buy my 1995 roadmaster wagon. It's near buffalo, has 60-some-k on the clock. Doesn't run due to some electrical gremlin or some such poo poo that I haven't looked into. Currently under about a foot and a half of snow. Give me $1500 so I can buy this man's truck.