Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Does anyone live in Portland and want a dirty cheap 4 door 87 Volvo 240 DL?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Every other loving car I've sold has been easy, but not Volvos. gently caress selling Volvos.

My Turbobricks thread had some guy from New York ask if there was any rust on it... like that jackass is going to fly here and buy it, broke-rear end time-wasting volvo enthusiasts can tug on my loving balls.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

goobernoodles posted:

gently caress flipping Volvos.

ftfy

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

zundfolge posted:

under $500. :v:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/04/automobiles/unleashing-the-muscle-car-inside-the-trusty-volvo.html

That article is kind of like Portlandia except for Volvos.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

I have a COBB Focus rear engine mount I'll sell for $80 shipped in the US (basic flatrate box, if you want safer shipping you can pay the difference)

http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/...CFUaNfgodSrEJFg

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

Selling this idiotic Gorester because I'm tired of looking at it rot in the backyard:

https://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/6085206359.html

Special goon price of $1500.

The first smart decision I've ever made is to *not* come buy this, figure out why it overheats (it's not like swapping a subaru engine is hard), and drive it home. I even have family in Michigan and friends in West Virginia that I would love to visit and horrify.

Mustn't make a bad decision. Must save bad decision money for an MR2...

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Someone please buy my 18" P38 wheels with almost brand new tires.

Make offer they're super heavy and in the way: https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/wto/d/p38-range-rover-wheels-and/6509203158.html

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

I have an oooold laser alignment machine for sale. It's an FMC Visualiner of some sort, I think it's a 9909 but I'm not sure. I've got the machine itself, all four heads, a spare set of four heads, and the all the parts from a second machine wrapped in anti-static bubble wrap. So, basically a complete second machine minus the cabinet.

Doing alignments on a 2-post lift sucks balls, and I don't have room to also put in a 4 post lift, so I want to sell this thing and use the money to pay someone to do my alignments.

Is anyone interested? If so, I'll get some pics taken and posted here.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Darchangel posted:

Dammit, now you've got me looking at how much one-way flights cost.
Incoming text. I'll identify myself by forum name.

If you end up not getting it, I think I’m interested.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Located in Portland, OR: 2002 VW Passat Wagon. V6, manual transmission, silver with black leather. It's whatever the loaded model is, with automatic climate control and power seats. Everything electrical inside seems to work, and comes with TWO flip keys.

$1000

No timing belt records, so I assume it's due for a service. There is a misfire code that I am almost positive is a vacuum leak, and it needs new engine/trans mounts, which are sitting in the back seat waiting to be installed.

It's a pretty decent car, and if you think you'd be interested in something like this for $1000, let me know and I'll get some pictures and/or arrange a viewing.

Selling cheap because I'm leaving the state soon and need it gone, would rather not deal with the general public.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Chunjee posted:

I'm forwarding this to my friend who blowed up his ancient Saturn. If he doesn't want it I'll give it a shot. a/c works?

No idea if the AC works, sorry. I have gauges and we can investigate if you want (too cold now to tell if it works).

I assume it does, I've worked on a lot of VWs of this vintage and haven't come across AC issues.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

meatpimp posted:

As an owner of a V6 Passat automatic, let me just say that you got one hell of a deal. Make a thread. :toot:

I'm selling because I'm moving... and I think we're going to be neighbors soon!

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

$300

Cleveland, OH

5-speed zx3, headers and “sport” exhaust

Runs and drives, stopping is where it gets questionable. Still sorta works, but pedal went to the ground after a test of the brakes.

Just bought it as a rallycross beater but don’t wanna deal with the brake failure right now. PM me or reply to this thread and I can give you my #. Offers/trades happily considered.

E: couple more pics. Battery is from 2018 and appears to be holding a charge now but was quite dead after removing from a field.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Does anyone near Northeast Ohio (or who wants to visit) have any interest in a 2016 Kia Forte 6-speed with about 53k miles in a fairly nice blue-grey color? I’ve added the factory cruise control buttons, tinted the windows, and had Bridgestone Quietrack tires (excellent tires, decent in the snow and very quiet) installed recently. It’s very much not beat to poo poo, didn’t look like it has any rust, plus I get an undercarriage wash fairly often, and drives great without any issues.

I’ll be selling it in a couple months when I move back to Oregon and would like to see it go to a good home. Awful app doesn’t let me post pictures but I’m happy to share with any interested parties. There’s also a good chance I’ll get around to doing a paint correction and detail at a friend’s house, so it’ll look bangin’.

For a goon, I’d entertain something in the ballpark of 8k. I’m into it for $9500 or so after tires/tint and that awful awful garbage called “sales tax” that Oregon doesn’t have.

Edit:// if I am asking too much, I’m open to offers.

RIP Paul Walker fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Mar 11, 2021

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Who needs an alignment machine?!

I’ve got an old FMC Visualiner II laser alignment machine in my shop in Portland that works fine but takes up too much space. I’ve got an entire second machine in boxes for parts.

$1000 if anyone is interested. The awful app is awful at uploading photos but I’ve got some I can text to you.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

For years, I've wanted an alignment machine. That dream was realized several years ago, and in the meantime I learned that doing alignments on a 2-post lift is a real pain.

If anyone from SA is interested, I'm happy to entertain such things as lowball offers and trades for weird cars.

Pics can be found in the CL ad here: https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/tls/d/beaverton-alignment-machine/7373466303.html

Not too many more details I can share, I've only used it a small handful of times over the years and it seems to work fine.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Wow, that thing is awesome. The price feels about right for this market, maybe even a bit low. Thank gently caress I'm not anywhere near you.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

I have a 1992 Pathfinder with under 50k on the odometer. The truck sorta looks like it maybe has mileage that low, but I can't attest to anything with certainty.

It's a RWD 5-speed in cream/white with red interior and looks pretty nice.

If anyone is in PDX and has any interest, I can text you some pics. It was an impulse purchase that I haven't had any real time to mess with - I've already got way too many loving cars.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

RIP Paul Walker posted:

I have a 1992 Pathfinder with under 50k on the odometer. The truck sorta looks like it maybe has mileage that low, but I can't attest to anything with certainty.

It's a RWD 5-speed in cream/white with red interior and looks pretty nice.

If anyone is in PDX and has any interest, I can text you some pics. It was an impulse purchase that I haven't had any real time to mess with - I've already got way too many loving cars.

Anyone who is interested in this, I'll sell it to ya for $2000 and include a box of parts to do the t-belt/water pump service.

Here's the FB link with pictures:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1295519324245557/

edit:// goddamn, gone in 24ish hours. Car market be cray-cray.

RIP Paul Walker fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Feb 15, 2022

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Who needs an alignment machine?!

I’ve got an old FMC Visualiner II laser alignment machine in my shop in Portland that works fine but takes up too much space. I’ve got an entire second machine in boxes for parts.

$1000 if anyone is interested. The awful app is awful at uploading photos but I’ve got some I can text to you.

Updating my asking price on this to FREE to a good home.

PM me or text me at (Portland’s OG area code) - five77-twenty-one oh-seven.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

The alignment machine is gone, sad/happy day. Sounds like the new caretaker is going to get some use out of it which makes me happy.

Next up on the "gently caress it I just want it gone" train is a set of MR2 wheels, also free to a goon home, also in PDX.

Pics/"details" and mah name and phone numbah are here: https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/wto/d/portland-mr2-wheels/7452477464.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

FREE MINIVAN ALERT

Does anyone want my family's 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager EXPRESSO? The engine suffered a catastrophic oil loss at redline up a hill and spun some bearings.

This thing was bought new by my parents in 1999 and was maintained pretty well. Even before I could drive I was obsessive about keeping the trans fluid maintained (why no, I didn't read every page of allpar.com no I didn't nope nope nope) so this thing is still on its original transmission, that felt awesome up until the engine's last moments. It's been sitting outside for the past several years but is in decent shape and will clean up nice. White, grey interior, captains chairs, alloy wheels. It was pretty loaded, I want to say it was close to 30k new.

Anyway, I hate to see it go but if a goon wants it (and won't be scrapping it... I can do that myself), it's available for free in 97007. Yes it will start and drive itself onto a trailer. Two original sets of keys and title in my name.