Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
I'm selling off the famous Fiat X1/9 project featured in a thread I can't seem to find. Its on eBay currently, I'll take 10% off for AI posters who are man/woman enough to buy it!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230908931535

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

If anyone at all wants a late 50s German Microcar project, I'm your man http://www.ebay.com/itm/231130509722

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

SaNChEzZ posted:

That's rad as hell. How it got California plated must have a lot to do with the age of the license plate I imagine. hope you find it a good home.

NSU did sell them in the US, Max Hoffman (of Porsche fame) imported them.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

I have a brand new HJC Si-12 XXL in white for sale. New in the box :siren:SA 2005:siren: so its only good for autocross or the end of the year for road racing. $75 shipped.

edit: I actually have an XL too, if you so desire.

DJ Commie fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Nov 20, 2014

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

I'm looking for a set of the 02-03 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ wheels (or similar Enkei 5 spoke 4x114.3mm) for my 323 Wagon. They don't have to be in great condition.

edit: I'll take $130 for that helmet if someone wants it !

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Selling a complete fuel system for a carbed car using a dual-feed Holley:
http://slo.craigslist.org/pts/4589180674.html

quote:

Mallory Comp Pump 140 Series fuel pump #4140
Mallory Fuel Pressure Regulator #4207
XRP Swept Tube style Red/Blue dual feed for dual inlet Holley #730008
XRP forged 1/2"NPT -6 AN fittings (blue), straight 4x 90deg elbow NPT/-6, 30deg -6AN
XRP -6 AN male to -8 AN male adapter
XRP Holley adapter fittings (2) -6AN to 7/8-20 Holley carb
VDO fuel pressure gauge 1/8" NPT 0-15psi (mounted on feed rail) #153002
16", 26", and 30" braided line hoses included (with -6AN hose ends)
Universal style fuel filter (chrome)

Goon price $200 shipped

DJ Commie fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Nov 20, 2014

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

I'm shuffling my projects around and decided on nixing my newest one, a 1963 VW Beetle buggy.

The Samba link.

Goon price $1200. It runs/turns/stops well enough to get onto a trailer.

Also still selling that Mallory fuel setup I posted earlier

Price $200 shipped or free with the VW.

I also have the helmet, $75 shipped

Buy my stuff so I can buy that Electric 1978 Fiat X1/9 I've been looking at.

DJ Commie fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

At least one of you is as stupid as me and needs a Fiat X1/9...or two! Here's a lovely copy&Paste. Goon price is $500 woo

XWebForums posted:

I've finally decided to sell my X1/9 projects, I haven't had the time or resources to do either one up how they should be.I really really (really!) want to sell them as a pair, and am willing to give the 81 and its parts FREE with the 74. I'm located 20 miles east of San Luis Obispo, California.
$1000 obo

1981 X1/9
Rosso Arancio
1.5L engine
5 speed
Megasquirt & EDIS
Fiat Spider Turbine mag wheels 13x5"
new brake pads/hoses
new wheel bearings
sold with Bill of Sale

I purchased this with a friend in 2009 to make into a 24 Hours of LeMons project, and got as far as getting Megasqirt installed (and running!) on the engine and repairing the small corrosion in the battery tray and rear trunk. I did some tuning, but the engine popped out the oil pump drive gear (since it was running without a distributor) and seized at idle. After that, I later dismantled the car to a bare shell, and haven exceeded my self-imposed 5 year time limit on projects. I saved all the parts I could (nearly everything, and acquired a few others along the way like a 4:1 header and some other various parts over the years.

1974 X1/9
Light yellow, lime under, brown original color.
Electric conversion (dual 10hp 36V motors)
Hyster SCR motor controller
4 speed transmission (retained as motors are RPM limited)
modified front trunk to hold 6 Trojan 105/106 batteries
Custom license plate LOVOLTS
Rust on firewall (battery, etc)
Rust in passenger floor.
stock Rostyle wheels (13x4.5?)
Clean California title!

I purchased this last year so I could build a pre-smog X1/9 with all of the parts from the 1981, including panel donation. I never got around to it (beyond moving the front suspension over) and new need to get it sold to make room for a Mazda 323 GTX project I'm finishing. The electric motor controller and motors seem to work well, but the system is likely too slow (top speed about 62) and has too little capacity to be of any use other than in-town commuting.

More Pictures Here!