Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Voltage posted:

Selling my Miata :cry:

$1,500 cash money

It's old and a little beat up but for $1,500 it would make the base for an excellent track car.

I autocrossed it last summer and beat out BRZ's and E36's no problem.

Has new goodyear snows on it now, and a set of Dunlop Direzza ZII's with 1000 miles on them - alone worth ~$500

LSD, new top, etc.

http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/4321615466.html

God drat, I'm going to be in Albany, but not until October. :cry:

Hold it for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

West SAAB Story posted:

Anybody have a Tech 2 they want to offload?

Or even have a Tech 2 that they wouldn't mind having shipped around?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Pretty Boy Floyd posted:

I'm selling my 1971 Fiat Spider and I'm happy to give a goon discount: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/4604334837.html

That didn't last long!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Etrips posted:

I am actually posting it for my step dad who is not very good at computers. But pretty much he was able to buy the car from the widow of the original owner who had passed away.

So your step dad is curbstoning it, jumping title and advertising it as a one-owner? That's shady and illegal and pretty much the crap that gives eBay a bad name.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Etrips posted:

I had to look that definition up because I have never heard of it. But he isn't flipping multiple vehicles and isn't a car dealer so... No? He already has the title transferred and has it insured. So I guess if you want to nit-pick it is technically a second owner car for all of a week. But thanks for assuming!

Then, by definition, his advertising it as a "One Owner" car is a lie.

Edit: And really, he's opening himself up to a lot of issues. Someone paying $60k plus for an NSX is going to expect it to be disclosed that it's not a one-owner car.

I don't have any problem with flipping cars, I've done it publicly here and flipped a '92 MR2 on eBay for a significant profit. But I fully disclosed the history, including my recent purchase of the vehicle.

Selling something as a One Owner car when you are the second owner is shady and opens your step-dad up to legal action for misrepresentation if the buyer is so inclined.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 17, 2014

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Blue Scream posted:

I hope this is the right thread to post about this--my apologies if not. I'm saving up for a new car to buy in cash in a couple of years (have already checked out the car buying megathread), but that means I will have to figure out what to do with my current one, and I am honestly not sure what that should be. Disclaimer: I also don't know poo poo about cars.

1999 Toyota Solara SLE
131K miles (I think; see below)
V6, automatic transmission

The car is a salvage vehicle that was repaired by these fly-by-night guys not at the highest standards, so honestly I am not sure the mileage is accurate, but when I got it in 2007, it was listed at around 75K miles.

Over my 7 years of ownership, the car has had new tires, new spark plugs, new brakes, new stereo (after both the single CD player and the tape deck crapped out), a new timing belt (at 90K), and, just recently, a new driver's side window mechanism after the window rolled down one day and just decided not to make the return journey. That's just off the top of my head. There are various bumps, scratches, and dings all over the body, and a missing patch of paint on the rear bumper. The leather on the driver's seat has a tear. It's not a thing of beauty, but I have tried to keep up with maintenance. When I had the oil changed last month, the mechanic said I had obviously been taking good care of the car. That said, I haven't been totally meticulous with keeping records, so I don't have documentation for all of the above things. Some, but not all. I know that's bad and I can only expect to reap what I sow in that regard :(

A more serious issue: in 2012 somebody backed into the car in a parking lot and knocked the front bumper off, so that's been repaired too. Guy at the body shop said, after taking a look inside, that basically the front bumper is a Coke can that would crumple in a serious collision (like I said, the salvage work was apparently done in a pretty haphazard way).

When I say "I got the car," btw, I mean it was given to me as a birthday present. In spite of all the problems I listed above, and the times it's been a pain in my rear end, I actually love the car, which I hope AI folks will understand. I think it's fun to drive (accelerates fast, handles well) and it's got sentimental value. Since it's only (supposedly) got 130K miles, I hope I can keep it going for a nice while longer while I save up for something else, but I still want to be prepared for what to do in case it needs a major repair that winds up costing more than it's worth. Whatever that is. Which I suspect isn't much.

What the hell should I do with this car when it's time to say goodbye?

(Again, really sorry if this isn't the right thread. The other megathreads seem to be devoted either to buying cars or answering questions about maintenance and repairs.)

I'm going to copy this into the stupid question thread, look for it there.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Edit: nevermind, I'm too lazy to add a samart thread, too... need pictures and stuff, but maybe later I'll get that stuff together...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Cage posted:

You are aware that only asking for searches is against the rules, and not offering the searches yourself right?

Actually, you're not allowed to sell extra carfax reports, according to their TOS... so offering to sell onsie-twosies is technically :filez:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Selling my E39 530i.

--Sold--Sold--Sold--

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 25, 2016

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

-- No longer for sale -- Kept it long enough to use it in another car --

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Dec 7, 2016

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

hedgegnome posted:

Anyone in the bay area interested in a 2003 BMW 540i? Automatic, sport seats, m package, 81k, very nice.. Looking for 10,500.

Im thinking of getting an s2000 :D

That's a pretty good price. Shame about the auto. Even so, I just sold an '03 530i auto/non-sport/87k with M-pars and a set of snow wheels for $9k. You should easily get your price, or more if you wanted to work a bit for it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

cursedshitbox posted:

Its a pretty clean example imo, the price i do think is a little high, however I paid 4 thou for my big tan turd.

4x4 always commands at least a 30% premium, though.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Going from two old cars to one newer car. Probably a Mazda2.

Are you selling the Lexus, too?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

That thing needs a serious meatpimp body rub.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

IOwnCalculus posted:

The problem is, the second anyone ever has to do an in depth inspection on the car and they notice the VIN plate has been tampered with, you're so very very hosed.

And if there's an in-depth inspection, there are VINs, both exposed and hidden, throughout the car. No way to hide/conceal/remove all of them.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Funkatron5000 posted:

Anyone interested in my old 1990 bronco? ( https://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/d/1990-ford-bronco/6518109809.html ) I would basically sell it for enough to cover a bed liner for my new truck and have it taken away forever to a goon. Locally selling it would be ideal, but if you wanted to cover the renting a Uhaul trailer and some gas I could tow it. I'm just do not plan on driving halfway across the US, say 500 miles? Frankly I don't care how it goes.

The truck sat for maybe 10+ years, I got it, put some work into it, fuel tank, sending unit, all new brakes and lines, tires, shocks, rear window, etc. its like old.

Rent the u-haul 1-way to central ohio and meet me in erie Pa to swap trailer for lots less than you're asking?

I'll make you proud to sell it to meatpimp.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

rowebot44 posted:

For Sale: 2002 Mercedes Benz E320 271,000 + miles. $800.00 or best offer.
Runs and drives AC has stopped working from a clogged expansion chamber, passenger rear window cable clip broke so it is currently wedged up but does not leak, the head liner is also starting to fall down.
I added an aux input via the tape deck on the stock unit.

I am bringing a new car home and this one needs to find a new home.

Pictures will be added shortly.

Where?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Chunjee posted:

It's fine. For the price it doesn't really matter. If you've got the VIN handy would you mind sending it in a pm or text. I'll call you and setup a time to pick it up. If you wanna drive it to my house I'll be your best friend.

The guy with the blown up Saturn doesn't appear to want it.

As an owner of a V6 Passat automatic, let me just say that you got one hell of a deal. Make a thread. :toot:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Cloud glitch. I did NOT post this in the marketplace thread. Sorry!

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jun 16, 2020

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

obi_ant posted:

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a CPO 2018 Tiguan SEL w/ 4Motion for ~31K out the door. Am I crazy here? I really like the Tiguan and the SEL. I wanted the SEL trim because I wasn't planning on buy another car for at least 10 years. My last car was a 2008 GTI for roughly the same price with no features at all. According to KBB it seems to be a good price. But it just seems expensive to me? Is the 31K a good price?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3213538

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Dang. Fleetwood 2 doors are rare as gently caress.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Selling our Lexus LS460

91,000 miles, located in the Tampa Bay area.

Always serviced at Lexus besides oil changes which I do myself. Comes with a 10 quart oil extractor because the car holds 9 quarts of oil. Yes 9.

No real issues besides the rotors are a bit warped and need turning. Currently seeing if Lexus will do this under warranty since they just did the brakes.

All the door panels and bottom part of the dash were recently replaced under warranty and are brand new.

Recent paint correction and ceramic coating.

Goon price of $21k

Can provide more detailed pics if interested.

Oh god drat it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

kastein posted:

I'm not saying you should fly and drive, but you should fly and drive.

I was looking at it... if it had been a GT, I might have done just that.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

I don’t know if requests fly in here, any goons have a Honda Element they’d like to get rid of?

And if you do, send an email to: meatpimp@gmail.com

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Big Taint posted:

It is with a heavy heart that I am selling my M5.

See my post on M5Board for details: https://www.m5board.com/threads/2002-m5-lmb-black-153k.617649/#post-7694862

I'll give a goon a nice discount.

Screaming loving deal. If I only had room...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Pm sent.