Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan
heavy heart vs light wallet: I'm selling the sweet Gillig I bought from Cursedshitbox in August. I really want to keep it but I'm going back to school in the fall and need fewer projects and more $$... not in a hurry to sell per se. trade offers welcome.

1969 Gillig DT16
97,1xx miles
Goonprice - $9000 obo -- will consider trades for other diesel stuff (preferably a pickup or a LWB sprinter), or a Tacoma, or... well whaddya got?
Location - Sonoma County, CA (currently just outside Santa Rosa)

I'm gonna quote CSB's original ad as it's pretty thorough and virtually nothing else has changed aside from us swapping out the front airbags and my adjusting and greasing the drag link to tighten up the steering play. I took it on one 800 mile road trip and it performed flawlessly; has the best air brakes I've ever used. I haven't swapped out any of the tires but one or two rears are probably about ready (all the spares are still in the back). someone please make something awesome out of this thing!

CSB posted:

1969 Gillig DT16. This bus was custom built for paramount pictures. It's one of 12 in existence. It was later sold and used by extreme 4x4 on powerblock tv. They used it to haul jeeps. After they busted the deck, it was then parked for about 10 years and fell into disrepair. The PO of this coach bought it as a project. The ceiling was rebuilt and new crossmembers installed. he went through the major mechanical systems of the bus in preparations of turning it into a luxury coach, but being in his 60s his wife vetoed that idea. we bought it to turn it into an off-the-grid toy-hauler and travel the country. Life got in the way and now we're relocating to Europe.

Tech data:
RV title. No CDL req'd, however you *need* to know how to drive something this large. That said, it's a really nice driving coach. Especially with some weight in the box.
NHH262 12.25L flat six cummins engine. Think small cam 262. Yep. 262HP at 2100rpm. *someone* turned up the governor and it'll spin to about 2500, but I'm not too comfortable with this idea.
15 speed non-syncro transmission. yes, you have to float them or double clutch, this is not a car transmission. This transmission also has a working "clutch brake". Treat it like a progressive trans and it'll treat you nicely.
Both rear axles are powered, selectively. No lockers or LSD that I'm aware of. 4.55 gears. Top speed is around 75. It cruises well at 65ish. CA mandates 55mph for big things anyway...
it sits at around 30,000lb empty. Rated for 48,500 + a trailer.
yes, 096,221 miles. Even in sub freezing the engine starts better than my v8 diesel ford does when it's 100f out.
AIR BRAKES. Twin chamber. 3 air tanks onboard. They are properly adjusted and work as they should.
There is a pintle on the rear for towing trailers. My recommendation is to reinforce it before putting 30klb on it.
10-12mpg. 125Gallon fuel tank.
This vehicle has power assisted steering too.
There is ample-below deck storage too.

work done:
new brake chambers, valves, and hoses
New front shocks/air springs, The front ones do not have bumpstops internally and should be swapped. I have purchased the new ones.
New coolant hoses and filter. SCA is regularly monitored. I'm using ELC in it.
New belts and alternator conversion. 2 batteries too.
Spin-on engine oil filter conversion, new fluids in both rear diffs, the trans, and engine.
Front hubs converted from grease to oil-type
newer style fuel filter with hand primer. Tank has been treated with biocide just incase.
cross members below the main deck are .250" thick square tube with 1" treated hardwood ply ontop of it. It's strong.
2/3 of the roof beams/wood replaced. aluminum re-riveted and sealed. It used to have a roof rack that rusted rotting out the interior. It's all been fixed now.
The roof/walls/floor are indeed isnulated. the ceiling has birch finished plywood with led light modules. We had these operated by a microcontroller and could switch them on/off by a smartphone.
Outer wheels are Alcoa, inners are steel. Tires are 11R24.5. I have several good spares for it too. (some are dry rotted so I bought new-used ones)

There are two auto-temperature ceiling fans. one is waterproof, one isnt. There is also an escape hatch midship. The interior ceiling height is somewhere around 7' tall.

This thing would be perfect for someone going to burningman, or needed a toyhauler. It could even be useful as a lunch truck.

Known issues:
some tires are rotted. (I have replacements)
The intermediate arm between the steering box and left knuckle has some minor play in one joint. It is within DOT limits, but it is something you should know about.
the coolant pump will slowly leak when it is parked. running/warm it does not leak. Typical with old diesels that were ELC converted.

Old album of pics: http://imgur.com/a/C9y2W
new album of pics: http://imgur.com/a/s3Pt0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

kloa posted:

Where’s this located?

I think he said Boston in the ad

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan
I’m debating selling/parting my 332ti which I haven’t had time/$$ to fix for two years... hoping to get $4000 for everything, or PM me with parts you want and what you want to pay for them — car is located in Lower Lake, CA, clean Wisconsin title. sorry for the wall of text. full photo album here

quote:

car runs and drives, tracks straight without fighting. I was considering gorilla-taping a headlight into it and driving it back to Wisconsin to fix it but it’s time to let go. would make an amazing track car. it was my “fair-weather daily” for almost 20 years, but it only saw 43K miles in that time.

my friend crashed it into a guard rail while borrowing it from storage over christmas of last year (Pilot Super Sports are not good winter tires, who knew). frame rails and the bumper support are straight, inner fender wall needs some massaging. to fix, you’d need:
headlight/side light
bumper cover
nose panel/kidneys
hood
fender
radiator support could survive but I’d replace

or use it as a donor car, the guts here are

Chassis: 1997 318Ti, MontrealBlau over Black Cloth, Active Package and Winter Package. 185k on chassis, 139k on drivetrain — the car came to me in 2004 from its only other owner who was a newscaster in Green Bay. it hasn’t seen snow since I got it but there is minor surface rust underneath on the RCAs and such, and rust bubbles starting to appear on both rear fenders.

Drivetrain: all the major guts are from the same ‘98 M3 sedan, and I finished the swap at 144k chassis/98k drivetrain, back in 2006. motor/trans/DME/cluster have matching VINs and mileage. dyno’d at 228hp/229lb/ft to the wheels when I got it, _before_ the M50 manifold and track pipe were installed, it’s much breath-ier now and is a strong engine. new OEM engine mounts around 100k

Engine:
Mobile 1 for its whole life (when I did the vanos/valve cover gasket you could eat off the valvetrain), good maintenance elsewhere.
M50 intake manifold, installed with a kit from a Bimmerforums user way back, generic-rear end CAI that I cut out of something else
bulletproof cooling system: Stewart EMP water pump, Mishimoto radiator, Zionsville Autosport shroud/expansion tank, Spal puller fan on its own relay. wired to kick at 88c for the MPGs, switchable to 80c for tha track dayz
Dr Vanos stage 2 VANOS rebuild kit installed at 100k
custom built 304 stainless single 3.5” exhaust, Magnaflow muffler, with a track pipe (loud, will not pass CA emissions, duh)
cruise is wired up with a custom cable and works great
no A/C (I think I have the compressor/bracket and plumbing somewhere, the condenser was lost in a move)

Trans:
E28 M5 clutch, was nearly new when we swapped the motor but is probably getting thin
Z3 SSK mod. needs bushings, they’re included
3.23 medium-case LSD from an E28 M5
factory M3 driveshaft

Suspension:
M3 geometry up front —M3 front subframe, got M3 LCAs and bushings (96+ geometry), flipped MZ3 front hats, and upgraded rear strut mounts installed at 100k with
Koni single-adjustable yellows with H&R Sport springs (rear is on factory MZ3 rear springs currently, I liked the raked look and often carry heavy tools)
tie rod ends are trashed, new ones are included
RTABs and subframe bushings are shot, new (Ireland Engineering street) ones included
steering rack weeps
Michelin Pilot Sport Cups, fronts only have a few thousand on them but are dated 2017, rears are old and worn, on factory (staggered) DSIIs in good shape

Brakes:
M3 front setup, black powder coated calipers, rotors/pads were new at 98k, new pads included
stock rear setup, rotors/pads new at 98k, new e-brake shoes and backing plates included (old ones are torn)
caliper rebuild kits included

outside: some rust bubbles starting on both rear fenders, both small patches
random dings and scratches but average for a 24 year old. no big dents besides the obvious

inside:
seats are a little faded but in great shape, dash is perfect
I’ve re-done both door panel clips and one window, everything works as it should
sagging headliner and A-pillars
needs new window switch/seat heater switch bezels
10-speaker set up, mid and bass speakers were upgraded with Dayton Audio stuff, kenwood deck
sunroof tilts fine but binds up when sliding back about 1/3 back. motor definitely works

I was getting ready for a major suspension/brake/maintenance re-fresh when it was crashed, so I have a ton of OEM maintenance stuff new in box sitting in the back:
brake caliper rebuild kits for front and rear, new front pads, rear brake backing plates and E-brake shoes
RTABs, rear subframe bushings, tie-rod ends
rear camber/toe correction kit
valve cover gasket set, oil pan gasket (they’re starting to weep)
6 new iridium Bosch plugs
fuel filter, 3 or 4 oil filters
E36 Bentley manual will come with unless you already have one

I have receipts and paperwork for everything on it. very little was bought used

I have an extra set of Beyer Mesh 17x8s, make an offer if you want them with

e:typos

snugglz fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 27, 2021

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan
price drop on my bimmer above — someone throw me an offer, it’s gotta go

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

Toe Rag posted:

I'm selling these :krad:

oh my god, why do I want these for my Mk4 so badly.... and they're right down the road...

lemme run the offset numbers....

edit: june is not july. still have these?