Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I suppose this is as good a place as any. I'll make an SA Mart thread as well, but I wanted to put it out here.

I know there are a couple guys here with C5 'Vettes. If any of you fine gentlemen have upgraded your brakes to something other than the factory units, I would LOVE to buy the old stock setup from you. I'm looking for pretty much everything in front of the firewall that has to do with brakes. Master cylinder, booster, calipers, rotors, brackets, etc. I understand this is a bit of an odd request, but I wanted to get it out there.

For those of you that don't own Corvettes, if you have a line on any of this hardware, I'd appreciate any info you can get me (Kastein, you seem to have access to a magical place with parts for everything so I'm looking at you here).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Voltage posted:

Selling my 01' Prizm 5 speed since I just ordered a Fiesta ST

http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/4193351917.html

I'll take $2,000 as the goon discount.

Located in Albany, NY but I can deliver if you buy me beer and/or gas.

Also selling a 2007 ninja 250R for $1500.

...also selling my '97 Miata, if someone gives me 2 grand for it I'll take it, but it's got 206K, bad paint, and a salvage title, perfect mechanically however.

Why aren't you trading this (these?) in on the Fiesta? Just curious.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Dr.Smasher posted:

Are you located in the upper midwest? Do you want a muscle car? Do you like wrenching on muscle cars?

Then you should totally buy my 1987 Buick Grand National

Because this muscle car really needs some wrenching and parts I can't afford right now.

Man, I love me some GNs. I wish I had the space (and money) to pick this up. If the new owner is going to trailer it away, can I come buy the steering box? :pervert:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Buy my old wheels and tires! Just cleaned the wheels up today and they look great. I'd keep them, but they won't clear my brakes. I'm near Chicago and I'd really prefer to not have to ship them. Goon pricing is of course available.

Quick facts:
- 15x8" steel wheels
- 5x4.75 bolt pattern
- 235/60R15 BFGoodrich Radial T/As

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/pts/4590289292.html

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

leica posted:

PRICE DROP NEED GONE

200 US dollars for any goons that want these, this set goes for 400 on ebay! I don't have a Corvette! Take advantage of my pathetic desperation to get money for Xmas!

Well god drat, dude. Had you posted these at the beginning of summer I would have probably picked them up. Good luck.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I've always loved your 510. Good luck.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

lazer_chicken posted:

*FREE for pickup in DC metro area* Ford 7.5" LSD carrier + 3.73(?) gears + bearing/install kit

That's right, free. I've had this sitting my basement for years and I don't even own a car with a 7.5" diff anymore and I just want it gone and I'd feel bad throwing it away because it's a fairly rare part. It's a rebuilt OEM LSD carrier, probably pulled from an older 4x4 ranger but I don't know for sure, I bought it already pulled. Clutches look good. Came with a set of gears that I believe are 3.73's as well as a USA Gear bearing/install kit. Must pick up in Maryland just outside of DC. No PM, gmail me at ksp7498 if interested.

Ford used to sell these under the ford racing brand but it looks like they have been out of stock for a few years now leaving only some aftermarket options. Then again, I don't think there's a lot of people building up 7.5" rears.

FYI: count the teeth on the ring gear and divide by the number of teeth on the pinion. That will get you your ratio. Good info to be certain on for a Craigslist post or what have you. Good luck!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
More wheels and tires for sale! Factory alloys off the Mustang this time. 17x8", 5x4.5", 245/45R17 Kumhos. Goon pricing is available, but I don't know how many of you guys around Chicago are in the market for wheels. Tell your friends! http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/wto/5404894846.html

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Buy my poo poo!

LQ oil pan and flexplate, front bench out of the Nova, and my Mustang's old wheels and tires.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/pts/5687525384.html

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/pts/5687567571.html

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/wto/5687591107.html

Goon pricing is available.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

angryrobots posted:

Super neat bricknose.

Holy poo poo that thing looks clean. Best of luck.

Boaz MacPhereson fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 2, 2016

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

SupaKila posted:

Looking into the viability of selling an original rear end for a 1968 Firebird.

Long story short, I inherited a 1968 Firebird when my dad passed a few years ago, and I've been storing it in my aunt's garage along with some of the original parts. My aunt is moving, and I've got a nice new home for the car, but I'm wondering if it's worth trying to sell the original rear end (we replaced it with posi). It's the full axel with wheels and everything, and I don't have room to store it anymore unless I get a small storage unit (and rent a truck to haul it there). And the only way that would make sense is if I could sell it in the near-ish future.

I've been looking on ebay to try and get a sense of how much these things go for, but I can't really find a good comparison--most of what I'm seeing are more like what we replaced it with, a posi rear end. But I'm not very well versed in this type of market, so I was hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction?

See if you can find the code stamped on there somewhere and figure out your ratio. Shorter ones tend to be a bit more desirable, but it sounds like yours is non-LSD so that's usually a pretty big strike against. You might get lucky and find somebody that's restoring an old 'bird and wants a rear end, but like Elephanthead said, your best bet is to just list it here and there and hope for the best.

Nobody in their right mind wants to buy an 8.2" Chevy so I actually ended up just scrapping mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

SouthsideSaint posted:

With units people can pull from the junkyard being able to bolt up to most old gms people aren't as picky about oem as much anymore. And Boaz McPherson I will buy that axle off you for ......reasons.

Dude, that thing's long gone. I'll give you first crack at the engine though. :)