Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bondster
May 6, 2007

Not gonna lie Nagisa using his assassination techniques to teach a class full of wannabe badasses is a great ending to his character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
So is it implied that Kayono is pregnant with Nagisa's kid?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

M_Gargantua posted:

So is it implied that Kayono is pregnant with Nagisa's kid?

In my heart, yes.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

AnoHito posted:

In my heart, yes.
Also, in her uterus.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
It's been a pleasure to read a shonen series that has a definite end and tied up plot threads.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

bondster posted:

Not gonna lie Nagisa using his assassination techniques to teach a class full of wannabe badasses is a great ending to his character

Yeah everyone saw his profession coming but it was handled in the best possible way, almost makes me want a sequel set in that class

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Yeah, I second the sequel sentiment - I would gladly read GTN: Great Teacher Nagisa.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
That was the best battle shonen manga about pedagogy that I've ever read. I'm gonna miss it, hopefully something good will come to replace it.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

AnoHito posted:

In my heart, yes.

Her line about everything being an after-thought and their ages makes me think she was just thinking about the next generation and not actually pregnant.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

tsob posted:

Her line about everything being an after-thought and their ages makes me think she was just thinking about the next generation and not actually pregnant.

I think the fact that she wasn't roughhousing around with everyone else suggests more strongly that she might have been pregnant. It's not like she was too dainty of a girl to engage in that kind of thing.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
She's there during a break in filming for a show, in costume and can't afford to get wet. She might not be dainty, but her outfit is.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm going to go with pregnant because otherwise the panel of the GLOWING WOMB is twelve kinds of stupid rather than just a little dumb

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Blockhouse posted:

I'm going to go with pregnant because otherwise the panel of the GLOWING WOMB is twelve kinds of stupid rather than just a little dumb

Don't you know every woman has a fission reactor in their uterus?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

Don't you know every woman has a fission reactor in their uterus?

I always thought it was a black hole.

Learn something new every day I guess.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

She's clearly pregnant...but the father isn't Nagisa. Or anyone, for that matter.

It is all part of Korosensei's plan, the cells he left in her are becoming a new being, so Korosensei might be reborn.

The sequel follows Korosensei Jr. as he teaches Nagisa and Kayano how to be good parents to himself.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Blaze Dragon posted:

She's clearly pregnant...but the father isn't Nagisa. Or anyone, for that matter.

It is all part of Korosensei's plan, the cells he left in her are becoming a new being, so Korosensei might be reborn.

The sequel follows Korosensei Jr. as he teaches Nagisa and Kayano how to be good parents to himself.

:stonk: So...those repair cells he inserted...

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The repair cells died as intended and were in no way a complicated resurrection gambit because Korosensei was not that kind of creep and also accepted the necessity of his own death for the world's peace. Let that one go.

Now let me tell you about my world where Nagisa meets a freshman named Tatsumi Oga...

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Genocyber posted:

I always thought it was a black hole.

Learn something new every day I guess.

Kodoku Experiment was a trip and a half. I love those alien vs human vs alien/human hybrid stories.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I assumed she was just thinking about the next generation.

This series was great, and I managed to start reading it when there were only a couple of chapters til the end, so didn't have long to wait.

This was a great manga about kids growing as individuals and coming together to overcome challenges and hardships. I think there was something in there about assassinating a flying squid that destroyed the moon?

Fantastic.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Shugojin posted:

Now let me tell you about my world where Nagisa meets a freshman named Tatsumi Oga...

:eyepop:

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
In the meantime, the anime is still ongoing. Latest episode is the second term tests. And holy cow, we have some awesome new music for the arrival of The Final Question. :allears: Remember that thing? It goes something like, given an infinitely repeating formation of cubes with points in their centers, calculate the volume closer to the center points than the corner points.

Anyway, after the next episode it's smooth sailing to the end. All they have left to do is assassinate Koro-sensei. The episode after that is a bit of wind-down with a silly stage play, and then something or other having to do with whats-her-name, the green-haired girl.

Ah, such innocent times.

Montegoraon fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 17, 2016

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

There Bias Two posted:

I think the fact that she wasn't roughhousing around with everyone else suggests more strongly that she might have been pregnant. It's not like she was too dainty of a girl to engage in that kind of thing.

They mentioned that she is acting in a show that involves her jumping off cliffs, so that makes it very unlikely that she is pregnant. Also there's no real reason for her to lie about her and Nagisa not being in a relationship. Speaking of which, it's kind of nice to see a series where someone does not go on to marry their potential love interest from middle school.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
So.. then, what was this page from 179 about?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Montegoraon posted:

In the meantime, the anime is still ongoing. Latest episode is the second term tests. And holy cow, we have some awesome new music for the arrival of The Final Question. :allears: Remember that thing? It goes something like, given an infinitely repeating formation of cubes with points in their centers, calculate the volume closer to the center points than the corner points.

Anyway, after the next episode it's smooth sailing to the end. All they have left to do is assassinate Koro-sensei. The episode after that is a bit of wind-down with a silly stage play, and then something or other having to do with whats-her-name, the green-haired girl.

Ah, such innocent times.

There's a lot of time to cover that though, we just hit episode 11 out of a 25 episode series. Anyway as I said before, everyone here should watch the anime cause it's a lot of fun in motion.

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

TheComicFiend posted:

So.. then, what was this page from 179 about?

I don't get that scene either, but I don't think Kayano's there because we'd see her costume on the hand. I don't get the preceding scene as well, I feel like that's a clue as to what's going on, why 3 students? I think I just forgot something from some earlier chapter.

Kayano's got to be pregnant though, otherwise that next generation panel is incredibly bizarre. I still think it's Nagisa's, she's acting her rear end off here (cause that's her thing) and gives such a non-answer:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Xy Hapu posted:

I don't get that scene either, but I don't think Kayano's there because we'd see her costume on the hand. I don't get the preceding scene as well, I feel like that's a clue as to what's going on, why 3 students? I think I just forgot something from some earlier chapter.

Kayano's got to be pregnant though, otherwise that next generation panel is incredibly bizarre. I still think it's Nagisa's, she's acting her rear end off here (cause that's her thing) and gives such a non-answer:

That's a mistranslation, I believe.

The 3 is referring to the 3 teachers. Which is why Karisma-sensei is looking at the moon as he thinks this.

Class E had 3 teachers for most of their year. Yukimura died too early and Tadaomi was just a bully.

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

Ahh thanks, that makes sense, I thought it was some weird hint about the baby or something.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think we're all looking too hard into this baby thing because otherwise that panel is just loving weird and bad but maybe it's just loving weird and bad

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
You're all looking too hard for a baby because you're over analyzing a good manga about a tentacle man who destroys the moon and makes some school rejects find their role in the world.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Compendium posted:

It's been a pleasure to read a shonen series that has a definite end and tied up plot threads.

All shonen who aren't cancelled midway are usually like that.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Voted Worst Mom posted:

You're all looking too hard for a baby because you're over analyzing a good manga about a tentacle man who destroys the moon and makes some school rejects find their role in the world.

Yes, the woman holding glowing hands over her uterus while talking about the new generation is something people are totally over thinking. :rolleyes:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Naruto.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I guess the main thing is that it had a distinct story progression. While most shounen have a beginning and an end, this had a middle as well.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

This series was very strongly planned out and had a very definite end from the very beginning so it was able to follow a tighter plot path than most shonen.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Has the anime covered the horrible abusing mother part yet? If not, they should probably cut it out entirely, because in its neutered form (whether that's as a result of executive meddling or just what the author intended, though the way it just gets wrapped up all neat and tidy after that buildup definitely makes it seem like the former) it's awful and taking it out wouldn't lose much, and would make things better in fact.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

They already covered it pretty faithfully to the manga. I'm a little more ok with the resolution to it now after reading someone's idea that the resolution is supposed to set up a contrast between Nagisa and the fake Reaper.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
I would assume it's gonna be left in, if only for shock effect. Or at least, I assume that anime usually doesn't have an abusive mother-subplot.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
That was already like a month ago.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Apparently this ended. Has it? I got kinda behind on it and I don't want to google it since I don't want to get any big spoilers.

If it's not finished I'll probably just wait until it has to catch up on it, though. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Anatharon posted:

Apparently this ended. Has it? I got kinda behind on it and I don't want to google it since I don't want to get any big spoilers.

If it's not finished I'll probably just wait until it has to catch up on it, though. :v:

Yep, it's over. Perfectly safe to catch up now, there's no more waiting for new chapters.

• Locked thread