Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think there may be some side stories coming up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I think there may be some side stories coming up?

Oh really? Seeing more in depth how everyone in the class ended up would be dope

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Erg posted:

Oh really? Seeing more in depth how everyone in the class ended up would be dope

Nah I think it's about Koro-sensei's past?

I legit cannot remember where I saw this. I think it was during the HxH announcement?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It was in the HxH thread.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ation-classroom

quote:

Following Assassination Classroom's ending in 2016 issue 16, an extra edition featuring Koro-sensei's private life will run April to May from issue 18 to the 21.22 double issue.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Oh, still coo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Nah I think it's about Koro-sensei's past?

gently caress that then

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Actually it says private life so I guess it's about Koro-sensei as an octopus.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Invictus posted:

gently caress that then

Rude?????

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If it is about him as an octopus man I am cool with it but I could not give less of a fuuuuuuuck about him prior to his change into yellow smiley face tentacle man

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I haven't read this at all, but since it's apparently over today, should I read this series? Is it one that doesn't disappoint on every page?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Steak Eater posted:

I haven't read this at all, but since it's apparently over today, should I read this series? Is it one that doesn't disappoint on every page?

You should, and it is. It's been one of the best things on Shonen Jump since it started, and it had an actual ending instead of dragging on forever, while hitting emotional notes perfectly. It is very much worth the read.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Steak Eater posted:

It has exactly one sub par chapter out of 180 something, and even that's not bad so much as weirdly resolved

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
First of a few extra chapters is out, pretty good so far.

It's worth checking out just to see Koro-Sensei obtain enlightenment.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

That was one of the best chapters in the series.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It's really good

http://readms.com/r/assassination_classroom/Extra%20%231/3329/1

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm excited to see what this guy does next, honestly. I want to see what he moves onto. That's two awesome series under his belt.
To tell the truth I think I preferred Neuro overall even if it does get generic battley towards the end and drag on in some of the later arcs with various DBZ assassins and poo poo. It just had more of an opportunity to do his whole "grotesque face figuratively representing the monster inside this character" schtick, though there were some good bits of that in this series as well. Also while Assassination Classroom definitely pushed the "rating" for Shounen, it'd be cool to see him get into more of a Neuro level of content since that got away with a bit more. Assassination Classroom was great and a lot of fun though, really enjoyable series, and I'm glad he proved he's not the type of dude who'd take a success like this and just keep running it into the ground as some are want to do with popular shounen. He had an ending, he had a plan, and he stuck the landing.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm glad it's been successful to the point that it had good volume sales, multiple anime seasons, a live action movie, etc. Hopefully it lets the guy live a more sensible and reasonable life where he actually takes a few months off in between series, and doesn't get pulled into the shonen jump "have a new issue ready almost every week for 7+ years" formula.

Even with few color pages, it constantly amazes me that a team of 3-4 people is able to write and draw a weekly series, especially when there are detailed backgrounds or other crazy levels of detail. I think we tend to take that for granted. Based on the horror stories I've heard the only job that seems more exhausting/draining all year long is being a pro wrestler

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I started reading this on Thursday and finished today. Its pretty good. And sad.

I really liked that rear end in a top hat principal guy.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Seriously, this is the best, even after it's ended.

http://mangastream.com/r/assassination_classroom/Extra%20%232/3342/1

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

Im glad that these extra chapters are Korosensei shenanigans rather than his assassin life

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
That was fantastic.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

If it was most other author, I'd raise an eyebrow at all these men having the perfect expertise for the mission on hand.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brought To You By posted:

If it was most other author, I'd raise an eyebrow at all these men having the perfect expertise for the mission on hand.

How does "booger expertise" help here, exactly?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Roland Jones posted:

Presumably by tasting them he can determine age, sex, dominant hand, hair colour, blood type, you know all that good stuff

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Eej posted:

Presumably by tasting them he can determine age, sex, dominant hand, hair colour, blood type, you know all that good stuff

wait

is that not how that works for everyone?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

He's the wild card in the group. They may encounter a biometrics scanner and the only solution is finding the proper DNA sample (obtained by booger of course) in order to pass.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Update.

Someone needs to wash out these translators' mouths with soap.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Roland Jones posted:

I think that question got answered magnificently.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Well

poo poo :stare:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Guess she was the bomb.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I knew Nagisa's mom was still crazy as gently caress.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
What in the almighty gently caress just happened?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I dunno it seems pretty straight forward

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

Archenteron posted:

What in the almighty gently caress just happened?

Looks to me as if the lady was an assassin all along, and she just tried to blow herself up along with Koro-sensei. Maybe the girl really is her daughter and she wants her to have the reward money? So yeah, that lady was the best would-be assassin of Koro-sensei there.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Van Dine posted:

Looks to me as if the lady was an assassin all along, and she just tried to blow herself up along with Koro-sensei. Maybe the girl really is her daughter and she wants her to have the reward money? So yeah, that lady was the best would-be assassin of Koro-sensei there.

If she used anti-koro projectiles she'll be fine. Because those things are apparently magical and can't hurt people at all.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Gyges posted:

If she used anti-koro projectiles she'll be fine. Because those things are apparently magical and can't hurt people at all.

P sure one of the first things Koro did in the series was scold Terasaka and co for having Nagisa pull the exact same ploy because even if the pellets don't hurt people more than your regular BB gun such an explosion is still dangerous.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Kyte posted:

P sure one of the first things Koro did in the series was scold Terasaka and co for having Nagisa pull the exact same ploy because even if the pellets don't hurt people more than your regular BB gun such an explosion is still dangerous.

It blew the goddamn doors off a building so unless he saved her (he did) she would be a corpse without question, magical bb grenade or no.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Caros posted:

It blew the goddamn doors off a building so unless he saved her (he did) she would be a corpse without question, magical bb grenade or no.
Exactly my point.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Kyte posted:

Exactly my point.

I may have quoted the wrong person. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
And here's the last part
If scientists could make the tentacles without the explosive side effect they could revolutionize the medical industry.

• Locked thread