Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

Maggie Haberman at The Politico says that her sources are telling her that Mark Penn is in talks with the Clintons :unsmigghh:

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

FlamingLiberal posted:

I had no idea Mark Penn was screwing things up for Microsoft, but that makes perfect sense

The entirety of the Xbox One's life has played out exactly like the months after Obama became inevitable thrice over and Hillary's apparatus was just there to incredulously stamp its feet, spout disprovable half-truths and hope that something would come along to retire its massive campaign debt.

Some day there will be a book on the bone and if it comes out before Nov 2016 any fans of Mark Penn will want to read an excerpt to find out how Hill 16 will end (hint: Another influx of suspicious Chinese money and unspoken disgrace)

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

shadow puppet of a posted:

(hint: Another influx of suspicious Chinese Turkish money and unspoken disgrace)

Made it a bit more realistic.

Yeah, I'm not so sure the bone's failures are one of a single individual inasmuch they are Microsoft having a compartmentalized culture as a corporation. I'm drat certain that a Hillary 2016 campaign will be Hillary: I'm First and Bill: I Know It redux.

Hell, why not save the money and have Bill as the campaign manager? Unless Hillary can pick someone capable of controling both her and Bill, or she shuts Bill out from the campaign manager and forces him to stay on her task, you're in for watching something magnificent as Hillary's insider culture clashes with the world in which Republicans have closed the gap with Obama's data analytics superiority.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Shadow puppet, weren't you that guy who got banned from the Xbox One thread for being creepily obsessive?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Nintendo Kid posted:

Shadow puppet, weren't you that guy who got banned from the Xbox One thread for being creepily obsessive?

Yes. Many times over.

But when my worlds collide like this, how can my obsession not boil over anew?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
wait, Hillary is really gonna hire Mark Penn again?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Pillowpants posted:

Maybe! Someone's floating the name to see what the reaction would be to Hillary hiring an inner-circle to run Clinton 16.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Pillowpants posted:

N-no

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

My Imaginary GF posted:

Maybe! [Mark Penn]'s floating the name to see what the reaction would be to Hillary hiring an inner-circle to run Clinton 16.

Fixed.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Everyone's favorite neurosurgeon, Dr. Ben Carson, has officially changed his party registration from Tea Party to GOP.

He's running.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The important question now is, who makes the ideal running made for Ben Carson. Do they Biden him up with someone visually paltable like Fred Thompson? Roll the dice on a Lindsey Graham to appeal to women voters?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

The important question now is, who makes the ideal running made for Ben Carson. Do they Biden him up with someone visually paltable like Fred Thompson? Roll the dice on a Lindsey Graham to appeal to women voters?

Uhm..

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Fred Thompson? Did I step through a time warp into 2007?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Antti posted:

Fred Thompson? Did I step through a time warp into 2007?

Are you telling me that with this:

quote:

In 2014, Thompson released a new film, Persecuted, on religious freedom, government surveillance and censorship.

Ol' Capitol F isn't laying the groundwork to be part of someone elses' run? He'd be a credit to anyone that is visually a little too X for the base.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

What color is the sky in your world where Ben Carson doesn't drop out after Iowa?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

The important question now is, who makes the ideal running made for Ben Carson.

He's famous for performing surgery to separate twins conjoined at the head. What if he could reverse that process? He and his running mate could share a brain! :science:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Joementum posted:

He's famous for performing surgery to separate twins conjoined at the head. What if he could reverse that process? He and his running mate could share a brain! :science:

Nah, the GOP Base would tear apart whoever got the left half of the brain.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Just as 2012 was the year of "Anyone but Romney" for the Republicans, 2016 will be the year of "Anyone but Hillary" for the Democrats.

It will go just as badly for the Democrats as that went for Republicans. 52/47. Congratulations to President-elect Jeb Bush.

I doubt it'll play out that way. There just aren't enough strong candidates likely running to pose a threat. If Clinton struggles it'll be because of internal campaign screwups like last time.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Fred Thompson is 72 years old, and even as a Senator he was notorious for basically never doing any real work and spending half of his time at the steakhouse.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

FlamingLiberal posted:

Fred Thompson is 72 years old, and even as a Senator he was notorious for basically never doing any real work and spending half of his time at the steakhouse.

Point out the part of that which disqualifies him from a supporting run on the 2016 GOP ticket.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

comes along bort posted:

I doubt it'll play out that way. There just aren't enough strong candidates likely running to pose a threat. If Clinton struggles it'll be because of internal campaign screwups like last time.
I mean at this point we're looking at maybe some field like Biden, O'Malley, Schweitzer, etc? I would have said Warner before but he barely won this last election.

The annoying thing is, we're not getting anyone decent who is to the left of Hillary, since Warren isn't going to run, and as much as I like Bernie Sanders he's not going to have a serious impact on this race if he does run.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Point out the part of that which disqualifies him from a supporting run on the 2016 GOP ticket.
The age thing is going to be a major problem. He would be at least 74 by the time this campaign starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
New thread for the Presidential primaries: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3680205

• Locked thread