Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Yiggy posted:

Hillary is 45. If she doesn't run Cuomo will. On the right I bet Jen Bush and Hunstman vie for the moderate soul of the party while Huckabee and Santorum go for the tea party pickings.

I had to check and Jenna Bush would actually turn 35 on November 25th 2016 so she'd be constitutionally eligible by Inauguration Day.

Seriously though, I kind of think 2016 might still be too early for another Bush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

How are u posted:

It's pretty funny that Cruz is a Canadian citizen no matter how much he wishes otherwise. The primary ads should be pretty great.

As the article says, he can always renounce it since he's a dual citizen and would be left with his US citizenship. But renouncing without a proper reason (the Constitution doesn't bar it) would seem churlish and it wouldn't get rid of the birtherism issue of not being born on US soil.

Edit: Oh you edited your post. Anyway, I am certainly going to enjoy this being brought up against him. It's like some sort of bizarre alternate universe where Canadianness is like Catholicism was for JFK in the 60s. "Is your allegiance to the American public, or to the Queen of Canada? :tinfoil:"

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

He's going to write a 1000 word essay on why Canada is a nation of godless communists and his base is going to lap it up. Since he's chosen this path he should just embrace it fully.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Maybe some sort of "keeping the bastards honest" run?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

SedanChair posted:

Howard Dean ain't keeping anybody honest. Have you seen him on TV over the last few years? He's like a polished diamond, flacking for the admin in any way necessary.

I actually haven't, because I don't live in the US :v: I probably should have added an "I have no idea what Dean is up to these days" caveat to my post.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Giving free medical advice on TV, what a swell guy.

The bit about him going to Israel and coming back "different" - Israel is run by body snatchers!

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Sep 30, 2014

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Trabisnikof posted:

What about "founder's intent" as an interpretation? That would surely render Obama ineligible but allow Cruz and Romney.

If we go by founders' intent, who takes up the other 2/5ths of Obama's presidency? Diamond Joe?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Trabisnikof posted:

I liked the last Warren court....

Nominating a justice older than 60? Are you nuts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Fred Thompson? Did I step through a time warp into 2007?

• Locked thread