Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The rolling chosen one choice was the greatest thing of the 2012 primary. Remember when it was Santorum. When it was Cain. When it was loving Newt because they ran out of electable people like Santorum and Cain. I cannot wait for this to get started.

Ben Carson needs to be added to the list in the OP.

And when was it that Pawlenty tried out that new dander-up rumbling speaking voice. That was amazing. "Hey starting today EYE'H TAWRLK LRIKE THRRRIS."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Those were the days.

"LET HIM DIE!"

<cheers>

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Also the adage 'Doctors make horrible managers' is not from out of nowhere. His campaign staff and structure will all have him at the center, serving as tastemaker and course-plotter.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Quinnipiac has been furiously pre-polling likely voters to find out which has more traction at this point, inspirational quotes from Youkai Watch or Legend of Korra.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Joementum posted:

the smoking campaign manager ad
This fills me with joy and sadness because I know that 2016 cannot possibly be half as amazing. There were no bad ideas floated in those (smoky) back rooms. Every single expensive crazy idea got a subcommittee behind it and got made for public consumption.

Like how that Clint Eastwood chair thing really happened.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

As much as I like terrible Dem campaigns, I'd hate to see Mark Penn being pulled away from his role in loving up all of Microsoft's consumer messaging.

But I sort of want to see him translate his "Scroogled" mantra into something that can lose a primary to Biden.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

FlamingLiberal posted:

I had no idea Mark Penn was screwing things up for Microsoft, but that makes perfect sense

The entirety of the Xbox One's life has played out exactly like the months after Obama became inevitable thrice over and Hillary's apparatus was just there to incredulously stamp its feet, spout disprovable half-truths and hope that something would come along to retire its massive campaign debt.

Some day there will be a book on the bone and if it comes out before Nov 2016 any fans of Mark Penn will want to read an excerpt to find out how Hill 16 will end (hint: Another influx of suspicious Chinese money and unspoken disgrace)

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Nintendo Kid posted:

Shadow puppet, weren't you that guy who got banned from the Xbox One thread for being creepily obsessive?

Yes. Many times over.

But when my worlds collide like this, how can my obsession not boil over anew?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The important question now is, who makes the ideal running made for Ben Carson. Do they Biden him up with someone visually paltable like Fred Thompson? Roll the dice on a Lindsey Graham to appeal to women voters?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Antti posted:

Fred Thompson? Did I step through a time warp into 2007?

Are you telling me that with this:

quote:

In 2014, Thompson released a new film, Persecuted, on religious freedom, government surveillance and censorship.

Ol' Capitol F isn't laying the groundwork to be part of someone elses' run? He'd be a credit to anyone that is visually a little too X for the base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

FlamingLiberal posted:

Fred Thompson is 72 years old, and even as a Senator he was notorious for basically never doing any real work and spending half of his time at the steakhouse.

Point out the part of that which disqualifies him from a supporting run on the 2016 GOP ticket.

• Locked thread