Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Well no one but democrats remember who huntsman is so its not like his failure of a campaign is going to remembered by primary voters and thus not weigh him down as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

SerSpook posted:

I seem to remember some Republican attempts at astro-turfing, but I may have imagined it.

No Rush pushed for republicans in open primaries to vote for Hilary.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

The water grab was dumb and awkward but not a death blow to Rubio like jindel's speech was but if that Yale thing is true then they can eat a dick while pulling their heads out of their asses. Who gives a flying gently caress except pompous douchenozzles if you drink from a bottle of water like 99% of the country.

Though I guess pompous douchenozzles does really describe Ivy League schools.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

serewit posted:

Ted Cruz is going to make these primaries amazing. Hell, he already is. I hope we get Newt and Cain back too, let's go all in.

Newts getting a TV show on cnn so he's probably not hoping in ever again. However this does open him up to be a debate moderator at one of the bazillion debates the republicans will have :getin:.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Acrophyte posted:

:lol:

Newt needs to run again. For my amusement America :911:

Well that's not going to happen but the next best thing is! Not only is CNN bringing back crossfire, they're making :newt: the new host of it. He's not going away yet.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Does Rand hate the PAC or something? I can't imagine a group not at least asking for his endorsement first instead of pulling this poo poo.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Joementum posted:

California GOP stayin' classy with some Hillary buttons.

Here's to more years of a democratic super-majority! :getin:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Highspeeddub posted:

But what about the growing criminal John Doe investigation that's spread to five counties now. Walker's in the middle of that, and a US attorney has been appointed to oversee the investigation.

Ted Cruz spent his morning hunting pheasant and speechifying in Iowa today. It's obvious he's running for president.

To be fair, it's been obvious he's running for president ever since he started running for his senate seat.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Joementum posted:

Joe Biden called the wrong Marty Walsh to congratulate him on becoming the Mayor of Boston. So then he called another number and left a voicemail. Well, guess what kiddos....

Did Biden ever actually reach the mayor-elect or is he still dialing every number in Boston trying to congratulate him?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Honestly half of Biden's "gaffes" since becoming VP seem to be due to Obama's staff trying to keep him out of the loop.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Translation: Biden actually has morals and knows not to trust the structure that got us into Iraq and hosed up Afghanistan.

But please Robert, continue on about how expanding the war in Afghanistan is totally politically feasible and how the idiots that have mismanaged it from the get go should be listened to still :allears:

Quoting myself from the GOP thread.

Joementum posted:

I'm not sure if it's funnier if that's the first time Gates ever saw the President and the Cabinet talk politics or if a guy who was Deputy DCI for Reagan, DCI and NSC for H.W. Bush, and SecDef for W. Bush actually thinks we'll believe that he's outraged and shocked at witnessing such behavior.

Wasn't he probably involved in Iran contra as well for maximum hilarity?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Cliff Racer posted:

Either that or Biden really does come off as a jackass who is consistently wrong on foreign policy issues. Gates isn't exactly the first person to bring either of those up.

Have any of them ever said why he's wrong? Because without knowing details being considered wrong on foreign policy by neo-cons seems like a plus to me.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Whew good thing this guy isn't a neocon or something. These are all just the truth and the hawks can't handle his realness.

Haha welp didn't know that about Biden.

However, my point was more in that article/book quotes and some other previous article from a few months ago the writers just went 'Biden is wrong on everything' without providing any evidence at all. Hence due to the lack of supporting evidence all these articles were 'neo-imperialist/neo-con thinks Biden is dumb' which by itself isn't what I would consider a mark against him, your post about him on the otherhand....

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Only three? But I want all of them to run. Oh well Cain, Carson and Palin it is then.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Patter Song posted:

John Calhoun was VP for both John Q. Adams' term and for Andrew Jackson's first term. He and Jackson did not get along so Jackson dumped him for Martin van Buren when he ran for reelection.

He then expressed the belief that not hanging Calhoun was one of the two greatest failures of his presidency. The other was not shooting Henry Clay.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

The Entire Universe posted:

What kind of wrench would Grimes winning throw into the machine, though?

Not much, Coryn would probably be the GOP senate leader since Stockman went AWOL in their primary.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Alter Ego posted:

I'm sure Barack Obama probably hasn't done any driving since declaring his candidacy in 2007, and he probably won't for a few years after 2016 either. Such is the way of Secret Service protection.

I'm equally sure, however, that this fact won't stop the right from attempting to use it.

Hypothetically if tomorrow Obama really wanted to drive himself to go get a burger what would the secret service even do to stop him?

I'm picturing a wall of agents blocking the gate exits while begging the president to just let them drive him.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Joementum posted:

He'd get more national coverage from literally setting a pile of money on fire than the figurative approach of a third party Presidential campaign.

Also known as the K-Foundation style of campaigning.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

100,000 dead Iraqis would be inclined to disagree with this logic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Resolution#Passage

40% of house democrats and nearly 60% of senate democrats voted to kill those 100,000 Iraqis.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Install Windows posted:

I don't remember this at all.

I hope its true because the idea of Nader as some cloak and dagger long run accelerationist con man is goddamn hilarious.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Wasn't Arkane suspected of being the weepy C-SPAN caller that went on and on about Huntsman during one of his primary defeats.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Sidenote: The 2016 GOP Primary is going to be a poo poo show: Bush, Christie, Paul, Cruz, Huckabee, Rubio, Ryan, Jindal, Perry, and Santorum could are going to all run. The debates would will be incredible.

Fixed that for you. Though I doubt Huckabee is going to run and I have doubts about Santorum as well.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Arkane posted:

Given that Hillary came out full-throated against Snowden today, 2016 will be pretty mind blowing if Hillary is the D nominee with an anti-Snowden, anti-civil liberties stance and Rand is the R nominee with a pro-Snowden, pro-civil liberties stance. This forum will contort into pretzels in order to defend Hillary's stance on Snowden. "Well I agree with what Snowden did, but Hillary is 100% right, he should AT LEAST STAND TRIAL. What's wrong with that?"

Because it's literally impossible for someone to support Hilary and disagree with her on something.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

computer parts posted:

His wife wants him to be president but I don't know about him. Especially literally the election right after the one he lost.

I get the feeling that he just really, really hates campaigning. If the guy was just appointed to be President I'd think he be alright with taking the job.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

SedanChair posted:

Now answer all the questions he couldn't, without Wikipedia.

The only one I knew was Musharraf, which I could give Bush a pass on if that quiz was from before 9/11.

e: it was but it was also right after he seized power so that's not too great on Bush's part.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Oh hey an excuse to post this since Bayh is being mentioned.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

richardfun posted:

Couldn't they at least have turned the engines off?

No because they were hoping Trump would be ingested by one.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

IIRC Fred missed some debates because he hoped in so late.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

Shot, declined re-election, resigned, sucked, and sucked. It was indeed a hard time to be President. Johnson declined reelection, Nixon could have had two terms if he didn't do Watergate, Ford and Carter could have had more terms if they weren't so unpopular.

Nixon did have two terms, unless you mean two full terms.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Spatula City posted:

Except we really don't have anyone able to challenge Clinton now like Obama did, and significant members of Obama's election team will probably be working for her instead of against her this time.

Except they will be turned away by whichever idiotic lackey is currently trying their hand at being Mark Penn.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Pfirti86 posted:

Man, that was a nice trip down memory lane.

Do you have a link?

http://youtu.be/wLoqti0lzAw

IMO the best part is her yelling about Romney winning the popular vote when California's polls hadn't, or just had, closed.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Weird. I remember male fox news hosts by naming them after whatever homunculus form they have been twisted into. Like the scary scarecrow man on fox and friends, who I'm pretty sure is coming to get me.

You mean not-Steve Doocy?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Question, do they pay the electrical bill for whichever facility they use for the convention? If so everyone should vote Dallas to make them pay for AC in the Texan 2016 summer.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Filet o' fish? Oh god I'm out of the loop on a political in joke nooooooooooooooooo

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Fishconsin is why you never wait until an hour before the deadline to do the brain dead projects.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

I can't wait until we reach the point where the only thing keeping the jelly belly company afloat is the GOP's love of Reagan's love of jelly beans.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Joementum posted:

Clinton in '88 went off his prepared remarks and ended up speaking for over twice the time that he was supposed to, pushing Dukakis' speech out of prime time.

And, yes, he also used the opportunity to go on a big rant about how bad the American economy was instead of praising the nominee.

Ahahahahaha how loving pissed off was Dukakis after the '92 election I wonder.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

notthegoatseguy posted:

Did...he get introduced at the 88 convention as the "next President of the United States"? What a giant gently caress you to the nominee.

That whole convention seems like it was one incredibly long flipping of the bird to Dukakis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

C:Downloads\perry\rickperryspresskit.rar: CRC failed in overcompensating03.png: Out of memory.

:thurman:

• Locked thread