Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Age isn't a big factor for me, unless they have bad health or show signs of age-related mental issues. Unless you pick someone like Sarah Palin - not that I would have voted for McCain, but his age plus Palin as VP was an absolutely terrifying idea. Pick a decent VP and have decent mental health and I really don't care how old they are if they're a good president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Generally speaking, what do Republican women want? How do you appeal to Republican women? I mean, I don't really get why women would vote Republican, but obviously they exist, so what exactly would an issue for female Republicans be that doesn't also appeal equally to male Republicans?

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Wouldn't a republican president's criminal justice reform just be that we feed executed inmates to the general jail population/school children?

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

As much as I'd like to be devil's advocate, I really can't see Kong winning against Godzilla. I'm sure he'd be smarter and that would help, but the king was just a giant gorilla, whereas Godzilla was a magical mutant lizard-dinosaur thing.

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Sure, but he's not talking about whether or not she'd be decent or better than a Republican, just whether they'd be able to pull off anything close to what FDR did. The fact of the matter is that unless a Republican is elected, almost nothing is going to get done in the next presidential term and a Republican president is just going to accomplish terrible things. You could literally resurrect FDR and he wouldn't be able to get anything done, either.

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

God drat, every time I see him, I can't help but think, "Michael Steele really looks like a muppet."

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Holy poo poo. Reverse google image search that picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

ReindeerF posted:

If it's anything like the last set of off years, they'll spend an extraordinary amount of time talking about Minority Leader Pelosi, then spread the rest around a cast of characters including Harry Reid, DWS, etc. Reid's tougher because he's a plain-faced, straight talking white dude, so you have to learn to hate him, but put someone like Pelosi or DWS on a GOP direct mail piece and the money flows in. Hell, even I find DWS obnoxious and difficult to sit through (Pelosi just seems like any soulless politician to me, no different than Reid).

If Hillary ends up in office, she will, of course, be the apple of their collective eyes.

I had no idea who you meant by DWS until your last sentence, and then I figured it out, so I guess the feeling is mutual?

• Locked thread