Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS
I don't think Clinton will run...I wish she would. If she does, it's her's for the taking. I love Biden, but he's not gonna be president...I just can't see it happening for him. Warren shouldn't run - she is more valuable in that senate seat and like someone else said, she can probably pick her successor when the time comes. Cuomo is an obvious choice, paired with Deval Patrick perhaps?

Honestly though, I think a run from Schweitzer would be really interesting. As a bleeding heart liberal, he's not my favorite choice, but I think he could completely shake up the electoral math like we haven't seen in a long time. Paired with Gillibrand, I would be pretty interested to see how that election goes.

Dems are notably lacking any Latino candidates from what I can see...interesting. Still waiting for some moderate democrat from texas to come gently caress up the electoral math something fierce.

I still don't know if I can see the GOP base getting behind a laytino candidate in the primaries, but they are morons if they don't run Rubio as either P or VP. I still wonder why Romney didn't stick him on as the VP, and if there is something in his closet that would keep him from running. Chris Christie is another good choice, but running anyone that smells anything like GWB (including Rice) would be a big mistake. It looks like they have a deeper bench than the dems, but most of those people aren't really viable candidates in a primary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Los Angeles mayor Antonio Villaraigosa might still think he can run for President, but unless one of the Castros catches fire or gets a nice appointment I think VP is the limit for any of the Latino Dems.

Oh god how did I forget the vaguely creepy identical Castro brothers?!

Castro/Castro 2024 :supaburn:

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS

mcmagic posted:

No he won't. The crazy base HATES him now and he'll never get through a primary. He's Jon Huntsman 2.0.

They will forget this by 2016. If Christie wants to run, he'll do some batshit pandering to the more conservative wing of the party and will then just verbally slap down anyone who tries to call him a RINO in the primary. He's charismatic enough to pull it off.

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I had a meeting with Feingold recently and he is not going to run for President. He might run for Senate, but I'm not 100% sure about that either. Either way he is making no plans or movements that indicate that he is thinking about a political comeback at the moment. He might be stepping down from Progressives United and taking a government appointment soon, but it is not one that would really lend itself to a political comeback. (Apparently some sort of special envoy to Africa.)

This is kinda a bummer. I'm still stuck in my liberal fantasyland where he didn't want to run in the recall, but that he would want to run for governor in 2014. Especially if our resident rear end in a top hat Walker has his eyes foolishly set on 2016...c'est la vie.

So, I added Hillary Clinton on twitter and got followed by some weird group that linked to the website Give 'em Hill, which is the weirdest slogan I've heard in a while that is being used to sell some pretty weird merch.

So it begins...#hillaryis45 (also that dude has shoulder problems)

• Locked thread