Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boijoina
Oct 9, 2012
I honestly see Hillary running and winning the nomination in 2016, as long as she wants it. A couple questions:

If Christie loses his 2013 Governor bid, what does that mean for his 2016 chances?

If the tea party is refuted heavily in 2014, will there be room for a Santorum type of candidate?

Will the Republicans even run with Jeb Bush? Will they panic and push for a hispanic candidate to pander to that base?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boijoina
Oct 9, 2012

menino posted:

Really? Is his experience is dramatically different from Obama's?

Yes. Obama held public office before being president. (state legislature for seven years, Illinois senator in 05)

Boijoina
Oct 9, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

The idea that running Rubio would somehow win back the hearts and minds of Latino voters is absurd, though I wouldn't put it past the Republicans to assume this. If the RNC platform remains as nativist as it stands currently, then Latinos won't suddenly be fooled into thinking Rubio is fighting for them because he's got a Spanish last name. Additionally, Latinos are not a solitary voting bloc, and most come from a cultural heritage and privilege very different from Cuban-Americans. To think you can run the same bigoted policies out there and cut significantly into the minority vote because it's stamped with a big fat Rubio is cynical, to say the least. And I think it's even more cynical to suggest Latino voters will be fooled.

Also to make note of, Republican secretaries of state would have to cease voter ID laws and other forms of voter suppression. I don't see that as very likely.

Boijoina
Oct 9, 2012
I want to see the Dems run a gay athiest woman of middle eastern descent.

Boijoina
Oct 9, 2012

richardfun posted:

You think he wouldn't have proposed/campaigned on tax hikes for the rich if his opponent had been one of the loons?

He wouldn't have needed to, imagine an Akin-esque rape chat falling out of sweatervest or jowlies mouth. Election over. Instead of 47% we would have gotten "babykiller!"

• Locked thread