Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Misandrist Duck
Oct 22, 2012
Joe Biden has been joking the last few days about running in 2016. He will be 73, which I think would make him as old as Reagan in 1984.

I would be shocked if Rahm Emmanuel runs in the primary but he could be a VP option. He had something like a 54% approval rating with Chicago voters BEFORE this fall's teacher strike that will have only dropped his numbers lower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misandrist Duck
Oct 22, 2012
So he could just be hungover from the awesome after party he threw yesterday, but today Rahm Emanuel said his next election is in 2016. Chicago mayor election will be 2015 :tinfoil:

http://www.suntimes.com/17738411-761/freudian-slip-or-just-tired-rahm-says-next-election-2016-primary.html

Misandrist Duck
Oct 22, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Much like Cuomo, who he heck is his constituency?

Neoliberal Clinton supporters who don't like unions.

Misandrist Duck
Oct 22, 2012
It is also worth mentioning that Rahm is up for election in February 2015. I can't see him just being a one-term mayor, but winning that race then more or less gearing up for a presidential run a few months later?

Misandrist Duck
Oct 22, 2012
For whatever it's worth, Rahm's media guy is flat-out denying it on Twitter though that isn't exactly a surprise https://twitter.com/thomascbowen

Misandrist Duck
Oct 22, 2012

ufarn posted:

Interesting use of "blacks". Is that what the NYT style manual reads?

New York Times manual of style posted:

African-American, black. Try to determine and use the term preferred by the group or person being described. When no preference is known, the writer should choose. But use black when the reference is not only to people of African descent, but also to those whose more immediate roots are in the Caribbean or South America.

Misandrist Duck
Oct 22, 2012
Weigel on Schweitzer 2016 Schweitzer 2016 Schweitzer 2016

Misandrist Duck
Oct 22, 2012
Please don't sully the reputation of Chicago-style politics. We get things done here and don't get caught.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misandrist Duck
Oct 22, 2012
RAHM RAHM RAHM RAHM RAHM RAHM.

More idle speculation but it's always a laugh when his name gets thrown around. This piece mentions being Hillary's VP, which I guess you never know. He has been going through something of a rebranding, but frankly I think he's more inclined to replace Dick Durbin than run for president.

• Locked thread