Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nov 7, 2012
I give terrible advice in E/N and post nothing worth anybody's time.

i might be a social cripple irl

Volkerball posted:

Why is it that everyone instantly assumes Clinton has the lock on every other candidate? If Obama taught us anything, it's that prior experience in this party means nothing. Personally, I think her foreign policy in Syria and Egypt has been awful, and Deval Patrick gave a better speech at the DNC than she's ever given. It's a little premature to think she's got this all wrapped up so early. Juan Castro has to be in the talk as the guy of the future as well. Probably not 2016, but I think he and Patrick are the two most promising people in the party today.

Obama is not a counterexample, he is an extreme outlier in the political world. Obama's do not come along every day. Comparing his campaigning skills with anyone else is like comparing a professional sport with the farm league, and the technical aspects of his campaigns are the primary reason he won the 08 primary and a large part of his victory yesterday.

312 fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 7, 2012

say no to bats posted:

Jindal is already getting touted again, despite the disaster that was his attempted gifted star-turn in 2009. Probably more a temporary clawing at anything that looks like it can reverse the awful demographic trends that are killing the GOP outside of gerrymandering in elections.

Was he put back in the oven long enough to bake into a proper GOP candidate that can get out of the primaries much less stand a chance in the general?

Really though, what the hell does Jindal have to offer?

Nov 7, 2012

Yoshifan823 posted:

That would be explode.

The joke is that him imploding (losing a lot of weight quickly) would be a clear signal that he's making a run.

Nov 7, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Constitutionally ineligible due to term limits.

So can he not hold any positions in the chain or just VP?

• Locked thread