Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

The GOP field looks awful and none of them could beat Romney (maybe Christie).

I think Christie is happy being a governor and won't run. He is a homeboy.

Biden will probably realize he is too old as will Hillary. Hillary will probably be burnt out, she never seems to have the same passion as Bill.

Also is Chelsea on that list in a serious sense? Looking at her wikipedia page she is just doing whatever jobs she has gotten through her family contacts and probably just making some cash while working for her Dad's foundation as well.

So really whoever Bill Clinton can possess seems about right.

Hopefully Feingold, Schweitzer. I don't want to see another VP run and lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

If Hillary is up to it, I agree she would probably get it and they might be able to ride that on a wave of making history as the first female president in the same way they did in 2008.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Why does anyone want Condi Rice to run around here? She is a terrible person right up there with Colin Powell with respect to their involvement and inability to stop the bullshit that was the Bush administration.

I wouldn't vote/touch anyone involved in those 8 years with a 8 foot pole.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Huckabee is too busy making mad cash by sitting on the side and complaining to actually go out and do something anymore.

He took the Palin train all the way to the bank. He won't run again, he has seen how its far more lucrative to bitch about things and not be responsible for them.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I'm glad that saying "I'm actually retarded and don't understand how to empirically determine an answer to a question by using evidence" is an acceptable answer for conservatives.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

That question has never been about what people literally think is true. It has always been about what cultural forces they are aligned with.

Its great because he dodged the question by giving an answer to a completely different one.

The Apollo missions happened people and they confirmed the age of the earth. He could have given a simple answer to make it a non-issue but instead decided to prattle on to please the old grandma in oklahoma reading that article.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

You eat beans and rice. That is what you.

A 10lb bag of rice is like $10 and will last a month or so depending on how much you eat.

Then you buy shitloads of canned beans. You might be able to pull off stir fries but IDK.

Not healthy but doable.

Alternatively, ramen and a multivitamin.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Biden is very similar to Obama but has a different demeanor.

A Biden presidency would be more of the same. They are establishment Democrats who will keep eroding democratic processes to keep the machine running while throwing bones at social issues that don't affect the corporate overlords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Vivek posted:

Any thoughts on Ben Carson? He's basically exactly what the GOP is looking for right now; he's a black man who grew up poor, yet rebuked Obama's policies to his face on a public stage, and he has major intellectual credibility but is still religious to the point of not believing in evolution. Apparently a lot of people have asked him to run for president and he's said, “If the Lord grabbed me by the collar and made me do it, I would." Which is kind of Sarah Palin-y, but also sounds like someone seriously considering it. Obviously he has no political experience so he could burn out like Herman Cain, but right now I think he has goodwill to spare. Hell, I first heard of him in The Wire, where he was mentioned as one of the few positive role models in Baltimore for inner city kids.

So what is his corruption/embezzlement problem? I bet there is one!

• Locked thread