Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

De Nomolos posted:

Mark Warner wants to be President, of that I'm pretty sure. I like the guy. He made a serious effort to build goodwill in every part of Virginia. I mean, even the rural coal country went for him in 2001 and 2008. He has tons of political capital and money. He has progressive values, but he comes from the business world, so ultimately he's used to negotiating a very middle-of-the-road settlement. The activist base will hate him for his work in the Senate on a "grand bargain," but my hope is that he leaves that office to come back and be Governor, since that's a better platform to run for President on. He seemed to enjoy that job more (consecutive terms aren't allowed in VA) and actually accomplished a lot on improving education with a GOP state house. A very Clinton-like character politically, without the baggage. He'd be a shoo-in for at least a very Obama-looking electoral map. However, he too would lose the charisma game.

I hear his lackluster 2008 speech slowed down his political momentum a lot too. Then again, Clinton recovered from that kind of setback pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Chantilly Say posted:

Bobby Kennedy's grandson Conor made national headlines quite recently*, we'll just have to wait and see where that takes him.

*For dating and then breaking up with Taylor Swift.

Man, those are some Camelot-like looks there, but it sounds like the guy had a pretty messed-up upbringing. I wonder if any of his generation have political aspirations.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

messagemode1 posted:

Isn't this a weird thing to say? Shouldn't the soundbite be "I have always been a strong believer in the will of the Lord and science only exists so that we may better understand His greatness" or something like that. Why phrase your response in a way that calls into question how sure you are of your faith?

It's a non-answer, but it sounds pretty reasonable and is obviously meant to be comforting while still demonstrating faith. I think this is the approach the majority of American Christians apply to their faith regardless of whether it actually makes sense or not.

• Locked thread