Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I don't keep a tuned to the right wing talk but has Hillary been picking up the usually right wing Clinton flack the last four years? I feel like this stint as SOS has really pushed her to be the top elder statespeople in the Democratic party much more than she was in 2008. Presumably the right wing media knows she is going to be a frontrunner in 2016 and will begin pushing a narrative ASAP, but what exists now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

watt par posted:

Depends. There's plenty of true believers with cash to spare who can fund another Santorum through the primaries. Christie's about the only plausible establishment pick they can push through without having to outspend the loonies 20:1 like they did with Romney, but even still he'd have to lock up a significant cash source just to get the nomination.

What are the chances that Santorum becomes some Pat Buchanan type character where he's just been so awful for so long that people forget to call him on it every chance they can and thus gains an air of legitimacy?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Thundercracker posted:

Bloomberg is a strange creature. I think if he ran in 2016 he would definitely be by far the strongest contender in a general election against a Democrat. Everything I've heard from fellow New Yorkers is he's widely liked for his steadfastness even if people don't agree with his priorities.

Which party are you expecting to nominate Bloomberg to run against the Democrats?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Well maybe he could be a third party or he could run as a Democrat in the primaries but he's not getting nominated by the Republicans. He's only a Republican in name now so he didn't have to run in a primary against anyone for the mayoral election. He has horrible politics but he basically fits right in with most national Democratic politicians these days.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
President Walrus would be cool in concept.

• Locked thread