Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bass Concert Hall
May 9, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

sullat posted:

Which makes me wonder, does Sebelius have any ambitions? She left a good job as Governor to work for Obama after all.
I have a entirely age-inappropriate crush on Kathleen Sebelius for being a fantastic progressive governor in a red state and a big advocate of healthcare and education, but I also remember her State of the Union rebuttal, and unless she's really turned up the charisma since then there is no way she is a serious presidential candidate.

Also, it strikes me that 2016 is probably a losing year for the Democrats. Americans are restless children with short attention spans; the only presidents who successfully passed on the mantle to their partymates after serving two terms were Reagan and FDR, and I don't think that Obama or the Democratic party are going to have the support in 2016 that was present in 1984 or 1944. It also looks like the GOP bench will be somewhat deeper, with a wider spread of governors to choose from. I expect we'll see Hillary Clinton run without much 'old party' opposition (Biden might run but that would be a disastrous primary, and he'd lose), but maybe against a few up and coming progressive faces who'll make their names known nationally before ceding the field. Though I doubt she'll win, Clinton is the obvious choice - there aren't a lot of Democrats who don't love her, and it would turn out the base like gangbusters.

That's all coming straight out of my rear end, admittedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Concert Hall
May 9, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rookersh posted:

If they wanted to play the smart card, they'd bring in Jeb or George P ( 40 in 2016, party darling, beloved by pretty much every Republican, and still "white" while appealing to the Latino demographic. ) and play up the wife/mother was Latino bit, while playing up how Obama hasn't "fixed" Immigration yet, and how it was the GOP who voted in PR, not the Dems. That would give them a ton of extra votes from the Latino block, while simultaneously not having to do anything to upset their base. And Jeb/George could guarantee Red Florida, which would mean any Dem candidate would have an uphill battle from day 1.
Wanna say we will get one of them as veep on the ticket because of this. Running the Bush name at the top might not be real attractive, though the odor attached to the name will have wafted away a bit by then.

Bass Concert Hall
May 9, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maximo Roboto posted:

If only Schwarzenegger didn't have the not native born issue

Or the secret illegitimate family provoking a messy divorce issue.

• Locked thread