Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
I hope Warren doesn't run. She's worked closely with her daughter in the past, so the best thing she could do (in my opinion) is start another MA senate dynasty. Do a good job for a handful of terms, and then pass it off to Warren-The-Younger. As a senator, she can really wield some significant influence for good.

I would love to see Brian Schweitzer make a real run for it. He's got a lot of ground to cover first, but to be honest he is the democratic parties best chance for a Reagen '84 style sweep. Fox news will be losing their minds, but he hits all the right notes (and the wrong notes :( ) on both sides of the aisle.

I mean for god sakes, he owns a hunting dog! (R-check) And he's lived in the middle east and speaks arabic (R-wut?)! He's pushed for single payer! (D-check) Also, for a bill to exempt MT-made guns from federal restrictions (D-wut?)! Something for everyone!

The guy uses a loving branding iron to veto bills! What isn't to love?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Wheresmy5bucks posted:

The GOP is too early to call. Is the response that Mitt Romney just wasn't conservative enough? Do they try to fan the flames of white dude anger even more? Do they try to court the hispanics to their cause? Do they have an epiphany and actually try to go the moderate route instead of simply obstructionist? If so, see:

Appeal to Fascism More: Santorum 2016
Love Us, Hispanics: Marco Rubio 2016
Epiphany, stop being obstructionist: Chris Christie 2016

The also-rans of 2012 I think are unlikely. Bachmann can barely hold onto her congressional seat, Cain has found his calling is avant garde political comedy, Gingrich might run if it'll sell his next book, Perry will probably still have 'Oops' hanging over his head. Paul has said he's done, although he will be written in on ballots hundreds of years from now even as people forget who he is. Santorum needs the Tea Party to be strong, and if they go, he goes.

I think a couple of the has-rans from 2008 are going to poke their heads up... Well, Huckabee at any rate. I don't think Guiliani or Thompson are coming back, and I think Ron Paul is done after this year.

• Locked thread