Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress ya'll. I'm getting it the day it comes out. Later non-elephantlords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
They should add in hostile birds, like the flying type so sometimes dudes gets they eyes pecked out. In fact there should be a crocodile style button mash attack where if you fail you can lose one of two non-regenable eyes.

Captain Diarrhoea fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Nov 5, 2014

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
The least they could've done was add in more coop-players. Really wanted to pick this up until the point I heard it only allows two coop players, but since it's basically FC3 with a different skin.. I'm not sure.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity? Insanity is releasing the same game again and expecting things to be different.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

They should add in hostile birds, like the flying type so sometimes dudes gets they eyes pecked out. In fact there should be a crocodile style button mash attack where if you fail you can lose one of two non-regenable eyes.

There's birds that attack you in this one

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder

FactsAreUseless posted:

Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity? Insanity is releasing the same game again and expecting things to be different.
Don't do this to me. I want The division to be good :smith:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Farcry 4 devs, playing the best open world game of all time, Morrowind: "Our game needs cliff racers."

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011

I hate it what were they thinking.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
IT looks like only in the mountaintops and you can prob give it a round of buckshot and be done with it. But then again they made honey badgers small fast killing machines so who knows

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

IT looks like only in the mountaintops and you can prob give it a round of buckshot and be done with it. But then again they made honey badgers small fast killing machines so who knows

Ubi Soft didn't make those, God did.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Ninja fetus posted:

Don't do this to me. I want The division to be good :smith:

Considering last I heard you don't get a choice in how you play and you're now locked into Heroic Troops Save Plague Island, I wouldn't hold my breath on that being good.

I just want to be a loving bad person god dammit.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Capn Beeb posted:

Considering last I heard you don't get a choice in how you play and you're now locked into Heroic Troops Save Plague Island, I wouldn't hold my breath on that being good.

I just want to be a loving bad person god dammit.

You and me both, Beebster. My rear end in a top hat characters are so much more gratifying.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Googling "can a honey badger kill a human?" turns up some really amusing results.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Googling "can a honey badger kill a human?" turns up some really amusing results.

quote:

Honey badgers are reputed to go for the scrotum when attacking large animals.

:stare:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

CitrusFrog posted:

You and me both, Beebster. My rear end in a top hat characters are so much more gratifying.

An E3 or two ago or some other game conference there was talk of playing as bad dudes. You and your friends save some cops from baddies and in exchange, they give you the door code to the armory. The host was all "Now you could shoot them once you're inside, but come on who'd do that?"

ME

I WOULD

:commissar:

But oh well here comes Heroic Special Forces Tier One Fart Patrol to save the day with Honor and Integrity, Are Troops are unflappable. :911:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Captain Beef Squatthrust and the Freedom Fries Brigade, 911 nevar foghat.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The more I see, the less I feel like it's going to be worth $60, but will still be an enjoyable experience to pick up and play for short bursts between other things. I don't mind giving Ubi $10 somewhere down the road, though.

Yeah the elephant stuff sounds like it'll be great fun for all of about 30 minutes and that's literally the only reason I'm considering getting it at all. Definitely a steam sale title after they release the inevitable Ubi GOLD EDITION with whatever lame dlc they're no doubt planning to release.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Cool, they added helicopters. Glad to see them not ditch all the poo poo from the last engine and restart from scratch again.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Haha. There's lakes with Goliath African Tigerfish in them.

And the elephants are gonna own so much. It was always pretty funny to lure a tiger or something into an outpost, or to have one pop out of nowhere in the middle of a firefight, but the elephants are a whole new level. Seen a couple clips of them popping out of the trees and loving up everything in sight. It's hilarious. Can't wait for the first time I stop a vehicle in the middle of nowhere to engage people in a car chasing me, and then having some giant fuckoff elephant run over and start flipping our cars and stomping on people. Guess it will be wise to have an RPG on you. Plus you can ride them. :swoon:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Oh man. I'm avoiding the hype but hearing all this stuff about elephants worried me. I did a little bit of reading on them recently on how social they are, and the super sweet things they do.

If I end up getting attached to one in-game, and then it gets shot too much, I might end up crying from an unscripted event. :smith:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Volkerball posted:

Haha. There's lakes with Goliath African Tigerfish in them.

And the elephants are gonna own so much. It was always pretty funny to lure a tiger or something into an outpost, or to have one pop out of nowhere in the middle of a firefight, but the elephants are a whole new level. Seen a couple clips of them popping out of the trees and loving up everything in sight. It's hilarious. Can't wait for the first time I stop a vehicle in the middle of nowhere to engage people in a car chasing me, and then having some giant fuckoff elephant run over and start flipping our cars and stomping on people. Guess it will be wise to have an RPG on you. Plus you can ride them. :swoon:

I plan on C4ing my pachyderms wherever possible. Should poor Dumbo go down in the fight then I shall detonate his noble corpse in a great showering fountain of plastique and viscera.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CitrusFrog posted:

I plan on C4ing my pachyderms wherever possible. Should poor Dumbo go down in the fight then I shall detonate his noble corpse in a great showering fountain of plastique and viscera.

Allahu ackbar. He died a martyrs death.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I hope the competitive multiplayer in 4 has a fanbase that lasts longer than a week or two.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Volkerball posted:

Allahu ackbar. He died a martyrs death.

That is precisely my thinking. They shall drown in their own blood, the mother of all wars has begun!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Morter posted:

Oh man. I'm avoiding the hype but hearing all this stuff about elephants worried me. I did a little bit of reading on them recently on how social they are, and the super sweet things they do.

If I end up getting attached to one in-game, and then it gets shot too much, I might end up crying from an unscripted event. :smith:

Free every elephant and slaughter those that would do them harm :black101:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Morter posted:

This reminds me of how they made sure that the mūmakil in Return of the King didn't act too much like real elephants precisely so people wouldn't feel sorry/bad for them when they died. If the elephants in FC4 are very elephant-y, I'm not sure how to feel about it either.

But, hell, I'll probably grab it at some point anyway because Arsehole Animal Simulator is too good to pass up. Shadow of Mordor featured a little of it recently, but it didn't feature panicked gunfire or enemies accidentally setting their base on fire with molotovs while getting mauled to death, so Far Cry still reigns supreme in this respect.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I know that mortars are back in in FC4, but do we know if they are they mobile (a la FC2) or fixed (like a heavy machine gun emplacement)?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

All of them I've seen in videos suggest they're fixed :(

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

God drat it. What good is a mortar if you're not creeping through the woods in the middle of the night just to get into a perfect position so you can rain hellfire and brimstone down on some unsuspecting innocents outpost? Now it's just gonna be like, "Oh hey, there's that jackass firing mortars from the mortar spot again. gently caress that guy."

EDIT: Wonder if there will be mortar positions fixed to fire on other mortar positions. Counter-mortarfire positions, as it were.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

CitrusFrog posted:

Watch out, though. The rebels have rocket launchers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsF3HspQY6A

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Morter posted:

It's ok, they're pixels.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Ilustforponydeath posted:

It's ok, they're pixels.

I get easily attached to things, okay? :(

Also, aren't they polygons or something more sophisticated, nowadays?

Morter fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Nov 6, 2014

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Our games are acted out in real time by teams of condemned criminals. And elephants.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Morter posted:

Yea, rendered to pixels.

Maybe you would prefer to know them has a collection of vertices with attached pixels?

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Morter posted:

To get the sound effects they shot and detonated several elephants. For realism

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

To get the sound effects they shot and detonated several elephants. For realism

Thomas Edison would be proud

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

canyoneer posted:

Thomas Edison would be proud

I'm going to cryptically whisper "Topsy!" right before I stealth stab everyone. :arghfist::qq:

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Morter posted:

I'm going to cryptically whisper "Topsy!" right before I stealth stab everyone. :arghfist::qq:
Hahaha, now I'm going to want to play the Topsy song while I'm playing FC4.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Far Cry 4 specs are out:

code:
MINIMUM
Supported OS
Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8/8.1 (64bit versions only)
Processor
Intel Core i5-750 @ 2.6 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2 GHz

Memory
4GB

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD5850 (1GB VRAM)

Direct X
Version 11

Hard Drive
30 GB available space

Sound Card
DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers

OPTIMAL
Supported OS
MS Windows 7 SP1, MS Windows 8/8.1 (64bit versions only)
Processor
Intel Core i5-2400S @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or better

Memory
8GB

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon R9 290X or better (2GB VRAM)

Direct X
Version 11

Hard Drive
30 GB available space

Sound Card
DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers
Those seem pretty drat reasonable. Also is there a thread for 4 anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

Those seem pretty drat reasonable. Also is there a thread for 4 anywhere?

No, but I can make one where the OP is mostly me complaining about things that I disliked about FC1-FC3 (and beyond). Think it over and get back to me.

• Locked thread