Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm just sayin', right now I want to side with the fish guys. :v:

I'm going to go with Armoroad because I want access to the Shogun subclass. :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm just sayin', right now I want to side with the fish guys. :v:

I'm going to go with Armoroad because I want access to the Shogun subclass. :ssh:

If you're going down that route, you'll want to use Gladiator as the main class. Assuming you're going with Warrior Might shenanigans. And two Shogun/Buccaneers for WM fuel.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

minimalist posted:

Assuming you can fully trust a creepy tree-possessed guy and his skeleton-murderbot sidekick, the latter of whom is responsible for betraying and killing countless numbers of your fellow adventurers to protect the secret, to say nothing of the (unsuccessful) attempt on your own guild.

Plus Armoroad gives you the far superior unlockable class, and if that's not a sign of being the clear Good Guys I don't know what is.

I was totally ready to side with Armoroad just because gently caress Olympia, but Deep City really did make a better case.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't know exactly what I'm gonna do with it, I may not even use it. But I definitely don't feel like fooling with the other class, so I want to keep it as an option.

I'm not using a Gladiator so

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Crosspeice posted:

Holy poo poo I got my first King Grimoire, only took until NG+.

Unfortunately it's Queen's Mark and christ that is a terrible skill.

Yeah, some of the KGs are pretty garbage.

Now get the other six. :unsmigghh:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

I don't know exactly what I'm gonna do with it, I may not even use it. But I definitely don't feel like fooling with the other class, so I want to keep it as an option.

I'm not using a Gladiator so

In that case, make 2 Shoguns with Combat Study in case you do want to roll with a Warrior Might party later.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Queen's Mark and Abyssal Prayer are like the only terrible ones. The others range from having some situational use to being really useful.

They're not really hard to get at any rate.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, those two were the ones I meant.

I'd say the best ones are Wolf Pack, Phoenix Wings, and Yggdra Vaccine. The other two were decent, as I recall.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

In that case, make 2 Shoguns with Combat Study in case you do want to roll with a Warrior Might party later.

Okay I'll do that.

In other news I just fought the Ghost Ship and got a rare drop from it. Neat let me go sell that and see what I can make with i- :stare:

I'm sure that's not an endgame level rapier but drat it's a lot stronger than what I have now.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm probably not gonna get another one unless I really try and I wouldn't go for them, but now one of the dots are filled and it looks really uneven and maybe I need to fill them and :unsmigghh:

Regy Rusty posted:

Okay I'll do that.

In other news I just fought the Ghost Ship and got a rare drop from it. Neat let me go sell that and see what I can make with i- :stare:

I'm sure that's not an endgame level rapier but drat it's a lot stronger than what I have now.

That should be the Jolly Roger, right? I gave that to my Princess and it stayed useful until the fifth stratum. It's one of my favorite weapons.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Okay I'll do that.

You got really lucky. It has a 10% of dropping. It's not the best one, but it outclasses a lot of them for a long while.

It's okay on a Prince, but on a Buccaneer, that's a huge boost to their damage output.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

You got really lucky. It has a 10% of dropping. It's not the best one, but it outclasses a lot of them for a long while.

It's okay on a Prince, but on a Buccaneer, that's a huge boost to their damage output.

Seriously. She's going to be insane now. I guess that settles the question of whether or not I was gonna switch to guns!

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
EO2U Coming to the west this summer. Atlus tax included.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/10/etrian-odyssey-untold-2-fafnir-knight-coming-west-summer/

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

BrightWing posted:

EO2U Coming to the west this summer.

Yay!

quote:

Atlus tax included.

Booo!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's funny because 3ds games in canada are 60 dollars once you add in the atlus tax

wait that's not funny at all

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I made strange noises when I saw that tweet.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

it's funny because 3ds games in canada are 60 dollars once you add in the atlus tax

wait that's not funny at all

I mean, on the other hand

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yesssss

Apparently this is the year I play literally hundreds of hours of Etrian Odyssey.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Oh dear what just happened to my pants

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Oh wow. Didn't think that was coming over. Lots of EO lately.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
:getin:

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Yeeees!!! I can't wait to play Unbalanced Classic in expert :unsmigghh:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I hope Gunners are still good. I want to use the Jack Frost Gunner again.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Oh thank god. And they're keeping the song too, neat.

You'll have finished the EO2 LP by then, right Fetus? It's practically the same game, right?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Dr. Fetus posted:

I hope Gunners are still good. I want to use the Jack Frost Gunner again.
I will freely admit I was somewhat surprised that we got Fedot and not the Jack Frost Gunner. :v:

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

theshim posted:

I will freely admit I was somewhat surprised that we got Fedot and not the Jack Frost Gunner. :v:

EMD surprised me when I learned that my favorite gunner was Jack Frost Gunner with Unamused Male Gunner's colors.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Hopefully there won't be a huge gap for the EU announcement and hopefully I'll be to find an actual physical copy.

I've never seen EOU in any store...

Also one of the warnings for the rating is Partial Nudity. :classiclol:

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Crosspeice posted:

Also one of the warnings for the rating is Partial Nudity. :classiclol:

Possibly for the DLC.

Or the Troubadours.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

If the Troubadours and Chestwraps Ronin didn't trigger Partial Nudity in previous games (or let's be serious, the Nightseekers and Dancers were even worse) then it has to be the gross hot springs DLC or something else.

Edit: ESRB doesn't have the full rating explanation up yet

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 10, 2015

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
It's the Hot Springs DLC. IIRC one of the preview shots for it was the princess character "tantalizingly" covered by steam (as Anime hot springs episodes are wont to do).

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also, "The Fafnir Knight" sounds way more awkward than "The Knight of Fafnir", or is that just me?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Welp, guess I don't have an excuse to keep putting off the 2nd thread anymore, that should be up later this evening. At that price I hope they at least include some of the DLC. Probably not though.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
It'll probably be on sale within a month or 2 of release. :v:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Etrian Odyssey Megathread: Say No to Squirrels

Speaking of which, is there one in the 3rd Stratum? I know all the other Strata have a squirrel in them, but I couldn't find on in the 3rd one.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

Speaking of which, is there one in the 3rd Stratum? I know all the other Strata have a squirrel in them, but I couldn't find on in the 3rd one.

I don't see anything mentioning one on Zaraf's maps on gamefaqs.

Is there one in the 5th Stratum?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

There is, and if you refuse to interact with it this time you get an extra line about how 'you will no longer be swayed by the demonic rodent's tricks, ignoring its shrill squeaking as you turn and walk away.'

Or something like that. It's been ages since I played that part. That squirrel just wanted the string to build his nest you guys he didn't know he was doing anything wrong. :smith:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's happening! :supaburn:

Crosspeice posted:

You'll have finished the EO2 LP by then, right Fetus? It's practically the same game, right?

Dr. Fetus' LP should cover Classic Mode, aside from the fact that EO2U gives you the option to explore the Gladsheim equivalent in Classic Mode.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

And then one of the trio accidentally steps on the nest and ends up in the middle of High Lagaard.

Everyone dies, game over.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Well it's about loving time. :woop:

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Mar 10, 2015

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Rangpur posted:

Or something like that. It's been ages since I played that part. That squirrel just wanted the string to build his nest you guys he didn't know he was doing anything wrong. :smith:

That squirrel faked its injuries in order to bait your party into petting him so it could steal your Warp Wires. It knew exactly what it was doing. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I unironically want an Etrian Odyssey game where one of the bosses is either a squirrel or a crayfish and Ragelope is the strongest FOE in the game.

• Locked thread