Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
I'm so excited - I might actually have my travel budget cut. This would be amazing because flying 4x/wk every week for the last 3 months has been wearing me down. Please continue with austerity measures, job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Sitting in EWR waiting for a flight to Miami, my client is having a conference there and wants all their consultants on site. Here's to free drinks and shirking work once I get past the eternal hell that is terminal C.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

is united 1k worth it? i have plat and could get 1k if i want, but would rather award travel

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

I'm flying singapore airlines business class out of JFK today going to frankfurt - wondering if this is going to be on par with or better than emirates business class

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

too bad every hertz car looks and runs like garbage and smells like cigarette smoke (i'm looking at you boston and newark)

at least anus rent a car has clean cars

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

avis

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

I flew Air Canada from BOS - TOR - MAD and it was fine. I flew business class though...

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

anyone have a preferred converter plug device/set? US to everywhere else ideally.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

my last lufthansa flight was on a 747-800 and the pilot kept bragging about how he was flying the longest plane in the world and also streamed the flight cams to economy (and told us in business how to find them)

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

in a frankfurt hotel I had one of those glass bathrooms with no privacy film so you can watch someone take a a poo poo from your bed

it was a pretty good hotel

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

also on my last trip in italy i stayed in a literal palace so that owned too even though all of the fixtures were old as hell

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

the absolute worst thing i feel like i struggle with on every trip is reliable high speed internet - it doesn't matter how many international plans and phones i bring or how much money i spend on local wifi it just plain sucks in most of europe

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

if it's for work you might want to call your travel desk/agent - just helps CYA later if you have a lovely job when it comes to travel

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

greetings from mco while a nor’easter moves in

its very crowded

also i have never seen public wifi as fast as the mco free wifi

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

I had a pretty good experience with a Marriott AC in Barcelona for a corporate event.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

a southwest 737 max 8 had to do an emergency landing today due to an engine performance problem

thanks deregulation!

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

i got an email today from my 72K person company congratulating me on being one of the top 1k travelers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Midjack posted:

There are a number of browser plugins that will download YouTube videos for free if that’s what you want.

youtube-dl is amazing and open source, works on pretty much any other video website too