Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

interesting thread on WN's problems

https://twitter.com/JustAnother_Ben/status/1607707495509929985

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

via bloomberg, "The Best Carry-On Luggage, Tested"
https://archive.ph/ccwvJ

quote:

Best Value
MVST Space

Best for European Travel
Herschel Heritage hardshell carry-on

Best for Road Warriors
Arlo Skye zipper carry-on max with front pocket

this reminds me I need a new travel suitcase soon, my current one is beat to poo poo after like a decade

what are the goon recs? prefer something that can carry a week of clothes in 737 (or similar) overhead carry-on format. big bonus for 4 rollers, I've grown too accustomed to give that up.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

i’d probably prefer a soft case

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

fun iphone bug: the little lock screen notification for boarding passes doesn’t correctly adjust for daylight savings time changes. i was worried for a sec this morning that my flight had been moved up by an hour

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

trip report: some time ago I posted about needing a new suitcase and kyoon quickly recommended briggs & riley.

many flights (two international) and thousands of miles later: yeah B&R is pretty much perfect

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Beef Of Ages posted:

Anyway, yeah, everyone gets their own hotel room. The challenge is figuring out how to make that work.

yeah, this. i'd never consider sharing a room. send fewer people or adjust your budgeting for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Hadlock posted:

Not sure where to put this

Has anyone evaluated a relocation offer to go to Saudi Arabia, what factors did you consider and what caused you to ultimately rule it out, or pull the trigger

I guess for anyone that's not American, not having income tax is a big benefit, but we're both using residents. The IRS ignores the first ~$100k of income abroad but if you work in a major coastal city as a DINK that's nice but not going to move the needle a whole whole lot.

well, you're currently in suburban SF or somesuch, right? just moved there?

so do you want your kids to be raised in a dystopian hellscape ruled by billionaires who have no regard for your family, in an area about to be further ruined by climate change, where you will forever be a second-class citizen, where your movements are monitored by a surveillance state, and you're surrounded by political radicals fantasizing about fighting with their neighbors, and where american crime victims have no recourse?

or do you want to move to saudi arabia?