Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I get annoyed if you yeet your seat back in to my laptop screen without warning but at worst I’m going to seethe and give you dirty looks as we deplane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Yeah I give my wife GM and probably will give my mother in law it as well since she loves that poo poo

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

yeah the hard product is kinda odd, not bad but not the best. however soft product and experience are excellent

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

pmchem posted:

trip report: some time ago I posted about needing a new suitcase and kyoon quickly recommended briggs & riley.

many flights (two international) and thousands of miles later: yeah B&R is pretty much perfect

:hellyeah:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Beef Of Ages posted:

The last CR2 flying for Delta is doing EKO-SLC in about an hour before it is decommissioned. This is a notable occasion worth celebrating.

May Satan's chariot never again grace the DL skies.

Alhamdulillah

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

Boarding DTW to AMS now, on the way back from a wedding. In boarding group three, which in DL logic is the eighth tranche to be called to get on the plane . . .

I was in Charlotte a while back and AA was calling Group 10 on a 50 seat ERJ-145

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I wouldn’t trust Samsonite stuff to hold up to remotely heavy use (see: Hadlock’s wife - get that lady an actually good bag) but for the intended occasional use case it should be fine and is a relative bargain.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

The Patagonia black hole bags are rad if you’re looking for A Big Sack with some straps.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

SpeedFreek posted:

I heard it wrote over the data due to not being recovered soon enough or something like that on NPR this morning.

Yeah CVRs have a limited memory that's constantly being overwritten and if there isn't some kind of event that causes it to stop overwriting data, it won't stop doing that.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

We’re at 100%+ vs 2019

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I assume she's in Seaport or the financial district since you said waterfront, and there's an abundance of WeWorks around if she wants to get a conference room.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I've had Crew line travelpro stuff that holds up fine.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Acela is great if you're going center city to center city but unfortunately I always end up having to go to north jersey and the advantages start to disappear pretty rapidly from there. This is despite living within a five minute walk from Back Bay station.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

in a well actually posted:

Look at mr fancy here with a building.

the one in the town near where i grew up had a building that wasn't open

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Hadlock posted:

Wow the population of Detroit went from 950k to 600k in 24 years

the land area and services are sized for like 2 million people or something bonkers like that

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I had my first trip since having a baby and that was difficult even though it was just one overnight.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Baby stayed home with wife. Wife was fine. I was sad to not be putting the baby to bed :(

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

If you’re adding an order of magnitude to current income, that’s where I start considering it as a DINK couple.

I would not want my kid to grow up in that environment so the ME number is gone now that I have a kid.

Have you spent much time in the ME? A week was enough to convince me that I really did not want to live in Dubai let alone Saudi.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Gucci Loafers posted:

I don't know your background but Riyadh is a city in the Middle East. And it's not as international as Dubai. Granted, it is still a city with tons of history but you are in incredibly different world. The only way I'd considered it is if I was in a ton of debt or made something >$150k/y+ with expenses paid.

Dude add a zero.

Anyway Riyadh may be big but the number of places you will be welcome as a foreigner is quite small. I would consider Dubai at the right price or maybe Qatar but I would say hard no to Saudi.

Edit: I cannot stress how much you will not be welcome outside of expat society.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Just got back from Chicago and they are working on the express lanes of the Kennedy so the blue line is faster in from the airport basically 100% of the time.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

There are better ways to sell your soul to make six figures without leaving the US. If you’re going to go all in on the ME get paid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

in the airport itself is pretty dire but Michael Symon's joint is passable