Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

This will be the first year since 2007 I don't make Delta Plat or United Gold. I moved from a Minneapolis office of one to a Portland office of four, so I've been able to spread the travel around.

Part of me has been pretty happy to be home, and the other part is looking for excuses to run that next 16k miles I need to Platinum. Feel pretty broken. My wife gives me the "Don't you have somewhere to go?"-look after I've been home about 2 weeks straight.

I had to give up on hotel rewards, though. I just haven't been traveling to the kinds of places where chains are available or convenient. Cashed out as many as I could for gift cards or transferring to mileage plans.

I'm curious: how many of you have any desire to travel recreationally? I have zero. Last thing I want to do is fly somewhere, stay in a hotel, etc. Just want my free time spent at home. I use all my points flying friends and family out to me, and leaving 50k or so "banked" in case of an emergency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU