Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

tbp posted:

Any recommendations for career paths for anyone that would be interested in doing this?

The International branch of any sufficiently large labor union. Honestly, any large enough company is going to have positions where travel is required. I don't know why you'd seek this sort of thing out, though. You're there on business, it's rare that you'll have enough time to get out and see the sights, you know? There are other jobs out there that focus more on the "travel" and less on the "business" part, like travel writer, or hotel magnate.

Hi everybody, I'm a union organizer. I travel, on average 150 miles a day. I am on a first-name basis with the folk at many of the hotels in my area. I work a two-week shift, 11 days on 3 days off, and keep a spare set of clothes in my car because of how frequently plans change and I'm sent to a new area on short notice. My friends have forgotten what I look like.

So, you know, it has its ups and downs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

As a heads up to anyone who wants to travel a lot, the best career path is something temporary and low paying which you can quit on a whim. Spend a year saving, take a year off and travel. Rinse, repeat. It's not glamourous, but you'll see more of the world than almost anyone else. :)

This is a Good Idea. I suggest looking into teaching internationally, the wage is relatively high and it's generally expected that you bugger off after a year anyway, and even if you don't there's usually enough vacation time to hop out to your country of choice.