Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daeus
Nov 17, 2001

Buckhead posted:

I only fly domestically for work and stick to the majors, and Delta is far and away my (and everyone else's) favorite. United is a distant second, and American an even further distant third.

AAdvantage is by far the strongest program for anyone who is going to hit top tier though - 8 SWUs, extremely valuable miles when it comes to redemption, and great upgrade percentages? UA is decent, probably better for those doing sub 100k/year. Delta award availability is a joke. I have several close diamond medallion friends and they do nothing but complain about (trying) to use miles.

I did do a pure mileage run once. MIA-LAX and back on the same bird. There was an equipment switch last minute from 767 to 777 and thankfully got to do the MR in flagship first. It was to re-qualify for exec plat, one of the best returns on investments of any ticket ($300 for another year of first class).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daeus
Nov 17, 2001

Belldandy posted:

Another frequent traveller checking in as well. I do about ~250,000 miles a year, mostly domestic, all on American Airlines. I normally book my travel on full fare first and as a result got awarded "ConciergeKey" on AA, much like the guy from "Up in the Air". I also do about 150 nights a year in Starwood properties and just hit lifetime platinum with them.

drat. I've done 100-150k a year on AA past few years almost all domestic but 250k is just incredible esp with only 150 nights. I have a few friends who do 250-300k a year but its mostly TPAC and TATL. Hope you get to spend the majority of the time in 767/777s...