Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

I need to do a Star Alliance mileage run soon and I'm finding it amusing how alien the concept is to people I know who don't fly a lot.

Lyon posted:

If anyone else uses US Airways as their primary carrier you have until the end of today (I assume midnight) to purchase a club membership and receive $50 off + 5,000 PQMs. US Airways club membership gets you access to all United and (most) Star Alliance clubs as well. With this purchase I will be at 47k PQMs for the year so I'll potentially need to do a 3k mileage run to qualify for gold if nothing comes through for work.

US seems to not get a lot of love but I haven't had any issues with them and have felt their service is on par with United (pretty much the only other domestic I've flown this year).

Edit: I also have a free nomination to Trial Silver (possibly two) that I can give out on US Airways. What this means is you'll have Silver Status on US Airways for 90 days and then you'll get to keep whatever status you earn flying US/Star Alliance flights based on this chart.

Silver: Fly 7,500 miles or 10 segments
    Gold: Fly 15,000 miles or 20 segments
    Platinum: Fly 22,500 miles or 30 segments
    Chairmans: Fly 30,000 miles or 40 segments

So, what this all this poo poo? PQM? LMNOP?

I'm guessing that you have to do X amount of miles in Y amount of time to earn levels for something? But what does that really mean and what do you get?

It's a completely different world how we travel, but even I have perks. But it's from gallons of fuel bought:

http://www.ultraonerewards.com/ultraone

50 gallons of fuel = a free shower woooohooo. Get 20,000 points in a year, and you'll get a better deals and earn more points, which you can use to buy poo poo. I like ham touched on some poo poo, but since I refuse to fly anymore, it's kinda alien to me. Also you'll have to forgive me if I'm rambling, long day at the office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU