Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

routenull0 posted:

Do the miles you get on purchases not equal up the same way? I know their not MQM, but I assumed if Silver was 25 or 35k miles, you could effectively hit it by charging up 25 or 35k on the card.
No idea how it works on DL, but on UA your CC miles do not count towards elite qualifying except under very, very limited circumstances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Lyon posted:

Am I the only one who has never rented a car? I always take public transportation (if it is available) or taxis. I guess all of my trips have been to Europe or major US cities where the airports are fairly close and taxis/public transportation are readily available.

My stats this year will be 52k BIS on US Air and Star Alliance partners hitting gold status on both. Last trip will be next Sunday to San Francisco for a week. Anyone else in the area? I don't participate in hotel or car rental programs. Although that will probably change in 2013 so I'll be asking for recommendations I'm sure.
Same here pretty much, I only rent in LA otherwise I'm lucky enough to go places with good public transport.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Spookyblack posted:

I don't think you answered this question yet but how does your travel/hotels get booked? Do you have an assistant/travel agent that does this all for you, do you do it yourself?
I do it myself. Unless you are some C-level exec with huge demands on your time self booking is the way to go. You are the one who has the most incentive to maximize your comfort and not gently caress up your travel arrangements. Travel agents or secretaries..not so much.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

TouchyMcFeely posted:

Any time sitting at an airport is wasted time regardless of whether you're being patted down or drinking a beer.
Somewhat agreed, but I've found I can be quite productive when sitting in a lounge so I generally try to get to the airport a bit early if I know there's a good lounge I can access.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Don't forget, taxes don't count for your PQD's so your actual PQD's earned will be 10-15% below what you pay.

Personally, I have zero faith that UA's IT people are capable of implementing this properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Small White Dragon posted:

Doug Parker has a known strong dislike of frequent fliers and FF programs, so whatever "enhancements" his guys come up with certainly won't be in your favor.
To be fair, US Air has treated FFers better than UA the past couple of years.