Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meho
Feb 1, 2006
Born to Lurk

kitten smoothie posted:

Anyone else done a mileage run for status' sake? I needed four segments at one point so I tried to find the cheapest possible routing I could get. Ended up going out on a Saturday morning and flew to Omaha by way of O'Hare.

I got off the plane in Omaha, bought a snack, and got right back in the boarding line. Locked in status and back home in time for dinner.

Been there, done that, a day trip CLE-BWI to get the last two segments I needed to lock up Platinum.

Also, on the luggage side, I'm a big fan of Eagle Creek folders and their two-sided zippered bags. You can fit a week's worth of clothes in a lot less space than a usual bag. The zipper bags work great for unmentionables - one side clean, one side dirty. Bonus - for a short trip, the folder can be its own suitcase.

http://www.ebags.com/product/eagle-creek/pack-it-folder-18/147919

Also, I picked up a bag years ago (I think it's by Timberland). Looks like an oversized, black soft-sided briefcase, but it's the same size as a 20" rollaboard. It's got breifcase handles, a shoulder strap, and hidden in the back has backpack straps that can be clipped in. So much lighter than a rollaboard and frankly easier to haul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU