Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

GrAviTy84 posted:

Augie's Coffee in Redlands, best coffee in the IE.

The Salted Pig in Downtown Riverside. One of my favorite places. Seasonal rotating menu, fantastic selection of craft beers both on tap and in the bottle that also rotates frequently, weekly selection of unique ice creams. Probably the best burgers in the I.E. Get the pig board, the brussels sprouts, the bone marrow, the pork belly sandwich. I've not had a bad thing here. And they just started doing a weekly suckling pig roast on wednesdays.
http://www.saltedpigriverside.com/
Weekly specials posted here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Salted-Pig/145527572145922?fref=ts
Strongly agree here

quote:

Farm Artisan Foods in Redlands. Love this place. When we asked if they would cater our wedding and they said they only cater to one location so we visited the location they mentioned, loved it, and changed our minds to have it there. So I guess you can say we chose our venue based on where the caterer could go. Seasonal, roatating, local, yada yada. They host craft beer dinners and guest chef tasting menus.
http://www.farmartisanfoods.com/
Kind of agree here. I've found it a bit more hit and miss. I think it has way more potential than it has. In particular, I've found their pork dishes somewhat lackluster (which is an issue as my default it get pork at a place like this).
Still, we're in the IE, though I suspect that is perhaps what causes them to limit themselves.

I like Eureka Burger because it has the best beer selection in town and decent burgers.

I think Dhat Island's quality has slipped.

Los Altos Meat Market on Waterman and 3rd in San Bernardino is pretty solid mexican.

There is an Indonesian restaurant on Tippecanoe and 3rd that seems pretty good, but I don't have much to compare it too.

Steene's Southern Kitchen is loving epic. You will get high blood pressure and gain 20lbs each time you eat there, but it is so worth it. Foothill and Pepper in Rialto.

Anything decent near the LA Convention Center/Staples? (Ideally walking). Not too formal. Interesting is ideal. No Sushi (other Japanese or Fish is A.Ok).
Cost is flexible if it is worth it, within reason.

nm fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

nm posted:

Strongly agree here

Kind of agree here. I've found it a bit more hit and miss. I think it has way more potential than it has. In particular, I've found their pork dishes somewhat lackluster (which is an issue as my default it get pork at a place like this).
Still, we're in the IE, though I suspect that is perhaps what causes them to limit themselves.

I like Eureka Burger because it has the best beer selection in town and decent burgers.

I think Dhat Island's quality has slipped.

Los Altos Meat Market on Waterman and 3rd in San Bernardino is pretty solid mexican.

There is an Indonesian restaurant on Tippecanoe and 3rd that seems pretty good, but I don't have much to compare it too.

Steene's Southern Kitchen is loving epic. You will get high blood pressure and gain 20lbs each time you eat there, but it is so worth it. Foothill and Pepper in Rialto.

Anything decent near the LA Convention Center/Staples? (Ideally walking). Not too formal. Interesting is ideal. No Sushi (other Japanese or Fish is A.Ok).

I tried Dhat Island for the first time a few weeks ago and liked it. If it's on the slip, I'm kinda sad that I missed out on it. I have little to no Caribbean experience to compare it to, though.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

GrAviTy84 posted:

I tried Dhat Island for the first time a few weeks ago and liked it. If it's on the slip, I'm kinda sad that I missed out on it. I have little to no Caribbean experience to compare it to, though.

It is still pretty good, but I feel that the quality control is going down a bit. More of a gut thing.

Which soul food restaurant were you looking at? If it is Steene's prepare for amazing. Get the mac and cheese.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

nm posted:

It is still pretty good, but I feel that the quality control is going down a bit. More of a gut thing.

Which soul food restaurant were you looking at? If it is Steene's prepare for amazing. Get the mac and cheese.

Martha's Kitchen in MoVal, IIRC.

Gonna have to hit up Steene's soon.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Excited to learn about Augie's, live about 5 minutes away and never knew about it.

I'll second someone's Tasty Garden in San Gabriel. Really crowded, but for good reason. Everything I tried was delicious.

I like Pho Vinam, but Pho Ha (in San Bernardino/Mo Val/Riverside) is what I grew up with.

Really, really liked Susina Bakery in LA. A small bakery mostly with desserts like bread pudding and cake. Went here to kill time during traffic once and had a delicious bread pudding, and just enjoyed the cute old timey wood decor and atmosphere. Lemonade was kind of weird tasting, though.

If Beverly Hills Bouchon is anything like the Vegas location, it's a great place for a nice dinner. Did a rare splurge dinner here (and also to see Phantom) and it was kind of mind blowing. I normally only eat peasant food though :v:

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

nm posted:

LA Live is your best bet in walking distance. It's not formal. It's overpriced and full of chains. There's also El Cholo, Palm restaurant, and a few other places that aren't special in walking distance from most of the parking lots.

Outside of that you could walk to most of the downtown recommendations, but most people from LA would consider it too far and would drive.

Other downtown spots worth mentioning: Nickle Diner (quality comfort food, probably most known for their desserts), Bouttega Louie, Yxta (Mexican food, authentic, everything made in house. Do not under any circumstances walk here)

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

sellouts posted:

Yxta (Mexican food, authentic, everything made in house. Do not under any circumstances walk here)

Lol, reminds me of a thing I did when I first moved down here, I once went to a Laphroaig Whisky tasting at the Seven Grand. This was after I had just gotten back from a trip to New York and I had planned on going to a friend's jazz jam at Senior Fish in Little Tokyo. Having just come back from the land of walking everywhere, I decided to walk. At the time, I didn't realize that this walk would go right through Skid Row. Surprised me and my buddy survived. It was a very humbling experience to say the least.

Oh yeah, the Seven Grand is a fine place for the whiskys. If you like them, go there.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

GrAviTy84 posted:

Lol, reminds me of a thing I did when I first moved down here, I once went to a Laphroaig Whisky tasting at the Seven Grand. This was after I had just gotten back from a trip to New York and I had planned on going to a friend's jazz jam at Senior Fish in Little Tokyo. Having just come back from the land of walking everywhere, I decided to walk. At the time, I didn't realize that this walk would go right through Skid Row. Surprised me and my buddy survived. It was a very humbling experience to say the least.

Oh yeah, the Seven Grand is a fine place for the whiskys. If you like them, go there.

I think it's a recent LA transplant necessity to make that exact mistake at least once. It happened to me and a friend regarding taking a city bus as far south as possible then walking the last few miles to Shin Sen Gumi in Gardena, and in Little Tokyo as well.

Nifty
Aug 31, 2004

nm posted:

In downtown is Umamicatessen which is quite tasty and a few blocks away north-east, so you aren't walking through anything too sketchy. They have a good variety of food and full alcoholic and coffee bars.

Nifty fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 28, 2012

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

MeramJert posted:

If you want good beer I really like Good in Silver Lake. They have a really big beer menu and pretty good food.

Their microbrews are very mediocre. If you like craft beer, the places that stand out in my head are Eagle Rock Brewery (in NE LA) and Stone in Pasadena. The former is especially good when the Poutine truck rolls in to serve outside. The latter has $1.50 tastings of extraordinarily thick beers.

For authentic Mexican, my gf and I really enjoyed Mariscos 4 Vientos down Olympic south of the 10. We were the only non-Spanish speakers there, mariachi bands went from table to table, and pirated CDs were being peddled as well. But it was during the day and I felt perfectly safe--and drat that was some good seafood for a reasonable price.

snowdoge
Jul 2, 2009

hallo spacedog posted:

-Thai (other than Palms...)
-Japanese (doesn't necessarily need to be sushi, I'd like to try Tsujita Artisan Noodle on Sawtelle for one, but a second solid Japanese rec would be welcome. This could be in Torrance or Gardena or any of those areas as well. This can be overwhelmingly authentic/inaccessible for non-Japanese speakers and I would still be okay with it. Any solid Izakaya-style restaurants nowadays?)
-Korean, BBQ or otherwise (Other than BCD Tofu House)
-For that matter, any dim sum or unusually good Chinese recs in Alhambra area? Anything other than Sichuan would be welcome as I'm on Sichuan burnout right now.
-Mexican (would prefer a place to sit but in a pinch food trucks are okay too, despite my heritage I know very little about Mexican food so somewhere authentic yet not entirely overwhelmingly difficult to navigate for someone clueless would be great)
-Someone once long ago recommended Pacific Dining Car to me for "the Lynchian atmosphere," but is the food there even decent enough to excuse going for the kitsch factor?
-Any beer bars/pubs with particularly long and outstanding craft beer selections.

For Thai, go to Natalee's Thai in Culver City. I know they have a few locations throughout LA but the one in Culver City isn't too much of a hassle for parking.

For Japanese, if you're willing to drive to Orange County (lots of good places there too) you should check out Honda-Ya, sushi pub with tasty tasty sushi and Japanese bar food. Stay for desserts, they're amazing as well.

I could go on about good places for Mexican. Someone mentioned King Taco, great place, open late, lots of locations scattered throughout East LA. "Truck" tacos but better. My favorite tacos of all time have to be from Boca del Rio in La Puente. A bit of a ways away from the heart of LA, but worth the trip. Juiciest carne asada, cheese, crema, and other fixings...so good. Their salsa is outta this world.

La Golondrina or any place along Olvera Street has some pretty decent Mexican for it being in a place heavily populated by tourists.

Check out the Pacific Dining Car. Had one of my favorite steaks there, just bring your own silverware. The taste and sensation of using their silverware came off as very tinny and made my fillings hurt. But great steak, my god.

Good beer selection, you should check out the Sunset Beer Company in Echo Park. The family that owns the place also owns the Los Angeles Pizza Co. next door and the hair salon. So you can pick out your beer from their massive selection and they will bring your pizza to you and you can get your bangs trimmed at the same time :) No, it really is a cool place to go.

I would stay away from willingly making the drive to the meth lab capital that is the Inland Empire, it's out of the way, not really part of LA, scary as gently caress, yada yada yada, but if you do wind up there by accident try and make it worthwhile and visit Sushi Asahi in Riverside. It's an all-you-can-eat sushi bar with amazing sushi. It's not like your typical Todai, it's smaller and has table service rather than self serve. The atmosphere is so lively, the owners are so nice and generous, and the sushi ain't bad either. Very fresh, delicious combinations, all around cool gem to visit.

Other notable mentions are of course In-n-Out, but since you mentioned them already, you gotta have a Tommy's burger. There are a few. One at CityWalk, one in Baldwin Park, one in City of Industry/Rowland Heights, and one more I can't remember. But these chili burgers are phenomenal, so greasy and messy and it's so good. The fries aren't anything special, but they go perfectly with the goopy mess of a heavenly burger. Use the fries to scoop up excess chili! Then there's Roscoe's for your soul food fix. Award-winning and critically acclaimed fried chicken. If you go, the Carol C. special is your complete meal. One huge breast and a huge waffle. If you want to eat a little healthier, hit up a Tender Greens. They are starting to pop up everywhere in LA, most recently all the way down in La Jolla which surprised me, but all the food is fantastic. Not some fruli dainty piece of poo poo salad, these salads are loaded with wholesome ingredients. They are always having daily specials that are just as good. I always get the hot plate combo with the baby spinach (the best salad there btw) and either the flank steak or the seared tuna. Either meat you pick is always perfectly cooked and seasoned. I try to go back twice every time I come home just so I can have both the steak and the tuna.

I'm sure I've missed a whole bunch, I hope you have a very fun flavor-filled trip to SoCal, I miss it dearly and am totally jealous. Don't forget to tell us where you ended up going and what you thought. Us Los Angelinos like to be proven right :smug: No but seriously, I hope you have (or had, I don't know) an awesome trip.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Asahi is pretty overrated. Sushi shiro in upland is way better. Less stupid techno music blowtorch birthday gimmicks, too.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Mongoloid Joe posted:

I'm sure I've missed a whole bunch, I hope you have a very fun flavor-filled trip to SoCal, I miss it dearly and am totally jealous. Don't forget to tell us where you ended up going and what you thought. Us Los Angelinos like to be proven right :smug: No but seriously, I hope you have (or had, I don't know) an awesome trip.

Thank you (and everyone too) for the awesome suggestions. I will definitely do a trip report, we're still a few weeks away from the trip but I'm so excited. I've lived quite a few places but LA always was my favorite by far, so I'm excited to get back soon.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

Mongoloid Joe posted:

Other notable mentions are of course In-n-Out, but since you mentioned them already, you gotta have a Tommy's burger. There are a few. One at CityWalk, one in Baldwin Park, one in City of Industry/Rowland Heights, and one more I can't remember. But these chili burgers are phenomenal, so greasy and messy and it's so good. The fries aren't anything special, but they go perfectly with the goopy mess of a heavenly burger. Use the fries to scoop up excess chili! Then there's Roscoe's for your soul food fix. Award-winning and critically acclaimed fried chicken. If you go, the Carol C. special is your complete meal. One huge breast and a huge waffle. If you want to eat a little healthier, hit up a Tender Greens. They are starting to pop up everywhere in LA, most recently all the way down in La Jolla which surprised me, but all the food is fantastic. Not some fruli dainty piece of poo poo salad, these salads are loaded with wholesome ingredients. They are always having daily specials that are just as good. I always get the hot plate combo with the baby spinach (the best salad there btw) and either the flank steak or the seared tuna. Either meat you pick is always perfectly cooked and seasoned. I try to go back twice every time I come home just so I can have both the steak and the tuna.

Tommy's burger was a bit disappointing - that being said, I could see the burgers being absolutely wonderful when drunk to notice the disappointment.

Tender Greens is my go-to place with my girlfriend when I'm down in Pasadena. I wish we had one up here in the Bay Area. Nice fresh salads, good ingredients, and a decent price for everything. The closest we have to this at the moment would probably be Pluto's or something along those lines, but Tender Greens has definitely something good going on.

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

I don't care how snug they fit, you're nuts!
So, I'm here to get a recommendation for something I know will be sub-par and gimmicky. I want to find the least-lovely option.

I have a kid that saw a conveyor-belt restaurant in an episode of Futurama and now he really wants to go to one. I know there are a lot of conveyor-belt sushi places in the LA area (and one with boats!) but the Yelp reviews on these things all swing wildly from "shithole that food poisoned me" to "awesome and fun" over and over for the same restaurant, so I don't know what the gently caress.

Where should we go? (And are there any conveyor-belt places that aren't sushi that I might have overlooked?)

As an unrelated aside, unless I missed it I didn't see any churrascarias mentioned so far. I've always been a fan of Green Field in Long Beach but it's a bit far since I live north of LA. Any other suggestions?

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Choadmaster posted:

As an unrelated aside, unless I missed it I didn't see any churrascarias mentioned so far. I've always been a fan of Green Field in Long Beach but it's a bit far since I live north of LA. Any other suggestions?

I mentioned Fogo de Chao earlier, also Porto Alegre in Pasadena is good.

snowdoge
Jul 2, 2009

Choadmaster posted:

So, I'm here to get a recommendation for something I know will be sub-par and gimmicky. I want to find the least-lovely option.

I have a kid that saw a conveyor-belt restaurant in an episode of Futurama and now he really wants to go to one. I know there are a lot of conveyor-belt sushi places in the LA area (and one with boats!) but the Yelp reviews on these things all swing wildly from "shithole that food poisoned me" to "awesome and fun" over and over for the same restaurant, so I don't know what the gently caress.

Where should we go? (And are there any conveyor-belt places that aren't sushi that I might have overlooked?)

My favorite conveyor belt sushi was Sushi 5 in Tustin, but they have since been closed :( A new conveyor belt sushi opened up at the Westfield mall in West Covina. I haven't tried it but whenever I go to the mall there, the place is always packed.

Also seconding Fogo de Chao. Delicious! Only been to the one in Chicago but I imagine the locations in California would be just as good. Don't mess around with the salad bar though, just jump right in to the steaks. That's how you do it right and get your moneys worth.

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

GrAviTy84 posted:

I mentioned Fogo de Chao earlier, also Porto Alegre in Pasadena is good.

Thanks, it seems I'm not paying enough attention. Fogo de Chao looks awesome and I'll definitely have to do it the next time I can come up with an excuse to spend that much on dinner. How does Porto Alegre compare? It is certainly a lot cheaper, which makes it a lot more likely I'll give it a shot next time I happen to be in LA.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Choadmaster posted:

Thanks, it seems I'm not paying enough attention. Fogo de Chao looks awesome and I'll definitely have to do it the next time I can come up with an excuse to spend that much on dinner. How does Porto Alegre compare? It is certainly a lot cheaper, which makes it a lot more likely I'll give it a shot next time I happen to be in LA.

We used to go to a place called M Grill in Koreatown for Brazilian food. It was in 2005 so not sure how the place is now but it was fun back then. Their Caipirinhas and polenta were good too.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Shadowhand00 posted:

Tommy's burger was a bit disappointing - that being said, I could see the burgers being absolutely wonderful when drunk to notice the disappointment.

Yeah, there's one near me I've been to a few times, maybe I'm ordering the wrong thing but the chili is friggin weird. It's almost completely one texture: paste. And there's a shitton of it on the burgers I've had.

Choadmaster posted:

Fogo de Chao is definitely better, but I still think Porto Alegre is worth the price.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Choadmaster posted:

Kula Sushi has a few locations in LA/OC, including one smack dab in the middle of Little Tokyo. $2 a plate

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

Mandalay posted:

Kula Sushi has a few locations in LA/OC, including one smack dab in the middle of Little Tokyo. $2 a plate

Kula is actually the one that my Yelp research led me to as the least offensive option. Have you tried it personally or does it have a good reputation?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Choadmaster posted:

Kula is actually the one that my Yelp research led me to as the least offensive option. Have you tried it personally or does it have a good reputation?

I have tried the Irvine location--it is competent but not amazing. $2/plate is pretty rad if you like saving money because literally steps away are fantastic sushi places that will charge you a multiple of that.

e: cheap parking at the judge john aiso lot too, $1/hr for two hours
edit2: also the best coffee house in LA, Demitasse, for post-sushi gorging energy

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

If you want a sushi place with a conveyor belt go to Cho Cho San in Tarzana (the only location with a belt so far as I know). Then proceed to order everything from the man behind the belt. Pro tip: Spicy Rock N Roll with garlic on soy paper. Make sure they put the garlic on before baking it.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Adrastus posted:

Any place worth going to in Westwood?

I really love Noddle World. I know it's a chain but they have a fantastic variety of Asian dishes and you can't go wrong with that.

As mentioned in the thread, putting my word in for Wurstküche, Louie Bottega, Philippe the Original, and Canters.

Also you can't go wrong with going to any of the random taco trucks you see around town. Amazing tacos and it is the best thing ever if you're drunk.

Also for a sweet treat option, Imagawayaki from Mitsuru Cafe in Little Toyko is great.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Is there any AYCE sushi in LA? There was a place in Rosemead called CAGA Sushi Factory, but it was kind of not that good (and it closed doors within the last year I believe)

Road to Seoul owns for AYCE kbbq, and they had $2 valet parking.

french toast
Jul 21, 2001
I EAT 3 CANADIAN CHILDREN EACH DAY!
Any recommendations for the south bay or Manhattan Beach specifically? I'm out there once a month or so, and usually hit up MB Post, but any other suggestions would be great.

pago
Nov 30, 2012
Here's a couple recommendations for the Long Beach area:

Thai: http://www.yelp.com/biz/sweetee-thai-cypress Sweetee Thai in Cypress. Get the jade curry.

Japanese: http://www.yelp.com/biz/koi-sushi-seal-beach Koi in Seal Beach. You'll spend a lot of money, but you won't find any fish nearly as fresh in Long Beach.

Also, http://www.yelp.com/biz/teriyaki-hut-los-alamitos Teriyaki Hut in Los Alamitos. Go here just for the Diana Roll. The nigiri sushi is not as good as koi, but the Diana roll (its a spicy tuna roll with seared albacore on top and covered in onions and a special sauce) is unmatched.

Also agree with Santouka in the Mitsuwa Market. Also gotta recommend the yakisoba place right next to the ramen in the market.

Mexican: http://www.yelp.com/biz/casa-sanchez-long-beach Casa Sanchez in Long Beach. If you want a small, dingey, dirty, authentic Mexican restaurant, this is where you go.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for Indian food?

Acethomas
Sep 21, 2004

NHL 1451 684 773 1457

french toast posted:

Any recommendations for the south bay or Manhattan Beach specifically? I'm out there once a month or so, and usually hit up MB Post, but any other suggestions would be great.

Since I live and work down here I'll take a small crack at this:

Simmzy's Manhattan Beach http://www.yelp.com/biz/simmzys-manhattan-beach-2
Umami Hermosa http://www.yelp.com/biz/umami-burger-hermosa-beach
Late Night MB my usual go to is the Kettle http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-kettle-manhattan-beach
Best Pizza for me is in Hermosa at Paisanos http://www.yelp.com/biz/paisanos-pizza-and-pasta-hermosa-beach
I also enjoy Tin Roof Bistro at the MB Mall, especially if you want some lawn bowling.

Edit: Throw in Leo's for my usual mexican fix.

Hope this helps a bit.

Acethomas fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Dec 7, 2012

horchata
Oct 17, 2010

pago posted:

Does anyone have any good recommendations for Indian food?

You could always drive the 5ish miles and go to Little India in Artesia if you're in the LB area

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Any recommendations for an anniversary dinner? Any cuisine is fine, under $400 for two. Looking at Providence right now, unless someone has a better suggestion!

snowdoge
Jul 2, 2009

Nostrum posted:

Any recommendations for an anniversary dinner? Any cuisine is fine, under $400 for two. Looking at Providence right now, unless someone has a better suggestion!

How about Animal on Fairfax? For the meat lovers!

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Mongoloid Joe posted:

How about Animal on Fairfax? For the meat lovers!

I've been to Son of a Gun and it was awesome, so I can only imagine Animal is fantastic. There is of course, also, Bouchon and Saam at The Bazaar.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Animal might not be formal enough if he's going for a fancy anniversary dinner.

snowdoge
Jul 2, 2009

Mandalay posted:

Animal might not be formal enough if he's going for a fancy anniversary dinner.

Well I wouldn't go past midnight when the schlubs come in. I've always felt it to be "formal casual" when I've gone. Plus I don't think he wants to wear a tuxedo to dinner either. Unless he wants to?

Invader Mat
Aug 16, 2012

Nostrum posted:

Well, if you do feel like dressing up, how about Yamishiro in Hollywood, just above the Magic Castle.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Umami Burger is appropriate for any ocassion, even an anniversary.

edit: I've been wanting to go to Son of a Gun ever since I heard they have a shrimp toast sandwich.

Gorman Thomas fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 11, 2012

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Invader Mat posted:

Well, if you do feel like dressing up, how about Yamishiro in Hollywood, just above the Magic Castle.
Pretty good sushi, fantastic view.

Speaking of which, the restaurant inside Magic Castle is actually not half bad, and the shows afterwards are pretty awesome.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 11, 2012

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Luckily I will get my kitsch fix because the wedding I'm going to is literally at Yamashiro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Nostrum posted:

Go to Providence. I went last month and it was absolutely incredible. If you want to get out for under $400 study the menu in advance and have a plan. Otherwise you will show up and want the full market menu which will blow your budget.

The food is impeccable and the service is really friendly, not stuffy at all.

• Locked thread